Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

i was late for work again...

 
Old 11-08-2005, 09:01 AM
  #1  
david
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default i was late for work again...

Today is sucking for me already. I was late for workÖ and I posted something last time about how **** these fools are about time factor. There was unexpected traffic today. I usually am 20mins+ early than 8:00am so yeah. 3rd time I was late: 4, 5, 7 minutes. I feel like I need to quit this job. Underpaid, I come in early all the time, I leave later than 5:00pm, I work overtime (and not get paid because Iím salaried) I do **** that isnít in my job descriptionÖ man Iím starting to get pissed. Nobody has said anything to me about being late yet, but I feel the tension. Yes, I know itís my fault if Iím late.
 
Old 11-08-2005, 09:02 AM
  #2  
 
jbean382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Fiending for a cigarette in Omaha
Posts: 122
Default Re: i was late for work again... (david)

I consider being late one of the worst feelings in the world. I've always hated it, whether it was high school, college, or work. There were classes I'd skip simply because I couldn't stand to walk in late.
jbean382 is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:02 AM
  #3  
B*a*n*n*e*d
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Omar and Musone, USA
Posts: 6,112
Default

where do you work in Los Angeles?

I drive from Glendale to Santa Monica almost every week @ 8:30am

when Im alittle late, no one cares - it's LA, what can you do when 15 million other people are trying to get to the same area as you
theSQad is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:04 AM
  #4  
ucb
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: MEGA
Posts: 1,330
Default Re: i was late for work again... (david)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by david &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Today is sucking for me already. I was late for workÖ and I posted something last time about how **** these fools are about time factor. There was unexpected traffic today. I usually am 20mins+ early than 8:00am so yeah. 3rd time I was late: 4, 5, 7 minutes. I feel like I need to quit this job. Underpaid, I come in early all the time, I leave later than 5:00pm, I work overtime (and not get paid because Iím salaried) I do **** that isnít in my job descriptionÖ man Iím starting to get pissed. Nobody has said anything to me about being late yet, but I feel the tension. Yes, I know itís my fault if Iím late.</TD></TR></TABLE>

*hands david a tissue*

I get in at 830 and dont leave until 7:30-8 almost daily (10ish sometimes), salaried as well

ucb is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:07 AM
  #5  
Honda-Tech Member
 
JimmyAtlantis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,854
Default Re: i was late for work again... (UCBSTI)

6A-5P M-F salaried. David, you sound as if you're in that 16-19 y/o range. You feel like you should quit because YOU can't be on time. I needed a good laugh.
JimmyAtlantis is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:11 AM
  #6  
Honda-Tech Member
 
hypnosisracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,861
Default Re: i was late for work again... (jbean382)

Welcome to the world of the working man...get used to it. If you want less stress about coming in late...move up the food chain withen the company. Overtime when you're salery is just a fact of life sometimes...my wife is salery and has to work 55+ hours/week at times when her department is behind...money makes it worth it though. Doing multiple tasks just shows that they know you have the ability, it will be something useful to you down the road when you get ready to move into a career position.

The underpaid part though, that has alot to do with your own performance as well as your own ability to get more pay...you have to ask yourself, would you still be working for your rate of pay if you knew you could go out tommorow and get a job making more in the same field easily? Obviously the qusetion would be no 99% of the time...so why are you staying? Is the field generally low paying? Is your performance a direct reflection of the pay you get?

Working longer does not neccesarily mean you are working more...just means you are there more. A good example is my department i lead right now...i have a woman right below me...she has been here twice as long as i have, and works 5-10 hours more per week than i do (i try to keep my time at my full tiem job at 40-45hours/week)...she does this stuff, and gets about 80% of the work done that i get done...with about half the responsibilities...

Your tardiness speaks on this in a way...you said taht you've been in this situation a few times. Well, regardless of how many times you are EARLY...you should know that corporate world doesnt care about extra effort if there is negative light on you...aka...being tardy. I have a new person who just started a month ago, so far tehy've been early about 70% of the time...on time 20% of the time, and late 10% of the time (based on figures i came up with)...that 10% though caught the attention of my peers and my supervisor...so i had to warn her about that, she used the same thing "Ive been early all this time..." and i had to tell her that while that is good, being late more than cancels it out because higher ups see negative, they have a radar for it...and justifying it just furthers the fact that she thinks being late is ok sometimes.

I wrote her up...she's mad at me now, but ya know, maybe she'll think about it in the future...perhaps you should look inside yourself at this time too...see what you've been doing, not doing and what you could do better.
hypnosisracing is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:16 AM
  #7  
ucb
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: MEGA
Posts: 1,330
Default Re: i was late for work again... (hypnosisracing)

The whole "on-time" thing also reflects your performance and standing in the company. I have no official start/stop time. As long as I get my work done, my boss doesnt care.
ucb is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:16 AM
  #8  
Honda-Tech Member
 
senpai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: WI
Posts: 3,691
Default Re: i was late for work again... (david)

I work 1pm to whenever, and i mean WHENEVER. I was happy as hell when I got out at 11:30pm last nite! I'm salary too and do so much more than what I was told I was going to do.

Deal with it.
senpai is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:17 AM
  #9  
Honda-Tech Member
 
Chris_R's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Missouri, USA
Posts: 793
Default Re: i was late for work again... (david)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by david &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Today is sucking for me already. I was late for workÖ and I posted something last time about how **** these fools are about time factor. There was unexpected traffic today. I usually am 20mins+ early than 8:00am so yeah. 3rd time I was late: 4, 5, 7 minutes. I feel like I need to quit this job. Underpaid, I come in early all the time, I leave later than 5:00pm, I work overtime (and not get paid because Iím salaried) I do **** that isnít in my job descriptionÖ man Iím starting to get pissed. Nobody has said anything to me about being late yet, but I feel the tension. Yes, I know itís my fault if Iím late.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you in the Air Force?
Chris_R is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:21 AM
  #10  
Junior Member
 
pierrot le fou's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: BEVERLY HILLS
Posts: 846
Default Re: i was late for work again... (david)

lol, just find something else if you're not comfotable with the company. Most jobs out there are cool if you're less than 10-15mins late. Some jobs do require 100% punctuality. If this is something that bothers you, maybe you're taking it too seriously, and/or should find some other work that's more leisurely. At my workplace, i'm consistently late between 5-10 mins. I'm also always earlier than 90% of the staff (many of which are 15-30mins late).

Of course LA traffic is somewhat upredictable. you can only anticipate so much. I don't think it's likley that 99.9% of the population in LA has always been on time, every day at work. lol, that's just not realistic.
pierrot le fou is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:21 AM
  #11  
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Derek Jeter drinks wine coolers,, The Nation, USA
Posts: 6,662
Default Re: i was late for work again... (david)

Unexpected traffic? You live in LA.

*EDIT* Your sig should read- Honda-Tech IS full of ******s
theSYNDICATE is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:23 AM
  #12  
B*a*n*n*e*d
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Omar and Musone, USA
Posts: 6,112
Default Re: i was late for work again... (ronmcdon)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ronmcdon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Of course LA traffic is somewhat upredictable. you can only anticipate so much. I don't think it's likley that 99.9% of the population in LA has always been on time, every day at work. lol, that's just not realistic.</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is what Im saying

different amounts of people on different days, construction, the time of day, freeway traffic, an accident
it all has an effect on the amount of traffic

and on this note, Im going to get into my car and drive to work right now

@ 10:30, it shouldnt be too bad
theSQad is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:24 AM
  #13  
ucb
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: MEGA
Posts: 1,330
Default Re: i was late for work again... (theSYNDICATE)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by theSYNDICATE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Unexpected traffic? You live in LA.

*EDIT* Your sig should read- Honda-Tech IS full of ******s </TD></TR></TABLE>

No, its definately are full
ucb is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:29 AM
  #14  
///M Power
 
Your Epitaph.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Posts: 956
Default Re: i was late for work again... (Chris_R)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Chris_R &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you in the Air Force? </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL I thought the exact same thing!
Your Epitaph. is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:32 AM
  #15  
Ditto
iTrader: (1)
 
RotiEatter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Atlanta, 770/404
Posts: 10,378
Default Re: i was late for work again... (UCBSTI)

I'm usually 1-5 minutes late for work, it's not a big deal.

I only live like 10 minutes away, I should be early everyday, but it makes no difference and my manager doesn't care.
RotiEatter is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 09:54 AM
  #16  
david
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: i was late for work again... (hypnosisracing)

This made me laugh a bit. Let me justify some things.

Originally Posted by hypnosisracing
Welcome to the world of the working man...get used to it. If you want less stress about coming in late...move up the food chain withen the company. Overtime when you're salery is just a fact of life sometimes...my wife is salery and has to work 55+ hours/week at times when her department is behind...money makes it worth it though. Doing multiple tasks just shows that they know you have the ability, it will be something useful to you down the road when you get ready to move into a career position.
Iím 23, already career-bounded, working at a logistics company with the customs clearing department, and there are 3 of us. 2 more courses until I get my BA. Everybody here is around 30, they think Iím at least 27 not because I look old, but my position in the company.

Originally Posted by hypnosisracing
The underpaid part though, that has alot to do with your own performance as well as your own ability to get more pay...you have to ask yourself, would you still be working for your rate of pay if you knew you could go out tommorow and get a job making more in the same field easily? Obviously the qusetion would be no 99% of the time...so why are you staying? Is the field generally low paying? Is your performance a direct reflection of the pay you get?
It has nothing to do with my performance because this is my 3rd month in the company. They jacked me on my pay because they said I was degree-less (take note I have 2 classes before my BA). I originally applied for something else and they felt I was fit to take this on. I left my salary open (my fault). The other pays a lot more and requires nothing a 16 year old canít do. I said, hey why not. Weíre new and thereís plenty of room for advancement. Iíve been training MYSELF by sitting next to my co-workers and I managed to do **** they wouldnít expect me to. Itís been slow right so I have some time to write.

Originally Posted by hypnosisracing
Working longer does not neccesarily mean you are working more...just means you are there more. A good example is my department i lead right now...i have a woman right below me...she has been here twice as long as i have, and works 5-10 hours more per week than i do (i try to keep my time at my full tiem job at 40-45hours/week)...she does this stuff, and gets about 80% of the work done that i get done...with about half the responsibilities...
Working longer doesnít mean Iím working more. YeaÖ But you forgot to ask me what I was doing when I mentioned not in the job description. This is the main reason for my ďovertimeĒ Donít take this the wrong way okÖ Iím no bitch that isnít afraid to get his hands dirty. Iím going to school because I want to get out of all the bullshit poverty has brought upon my family. Iím supposed to be behind a desk all the time but I had to go out in the ďfieldĒ 5 extra hours. I unload 367 boxes at 50lbs each because somebody fucked up. I have to get my *** out in MY car and drive to messenger **** out. I get $0.37 per mile, but is it worth it? I make deliveries (I pick up **** and drop it off like the UPS/FEDEX people) when they want to save some money on smaller shipments. I do all the grunt work because these rich *** people in here got **** handed to them and canít even lift a finger above the keyboard.
Originally Posted by hypnosisracing
Your tardiness speaks on this in a way...you said taht you've been in this situation a few times. Well, regardless of how many times you are EARLY...you should know that corporate world doesnt care about extra effort if there is negative light on you...aka...being tardy. I have a new person who just started a month ago, so far tehy've been early about 70% of the time...on time 20% of the time, and late 10% of the time (based on figures i came up with)...that 10% though caught the attention of my peers and my supervisor...so i had to warn her about that, she used the same thing "Ive been early all this time..." and i had to tell her that while that is good, being late more than cancels it out because higher ups see negative, they have a radar for it...and justifying it just furthers the fact that she thinks being late is ok sometimes.

I wrote her up...she's mad at me now, but ya know, maybe she'll think about it in the future...perhaps you should look inside yourself at this time too...see what you've been doing, not doing and what you could do better.
I know that. I mentioned in the end. Itís my fault.
 
Old 11-08-2005, 10:10 AM
  #17  
Honda-Tech Member
 
hypnosisracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,861
Default Re: i was late for work again... (david)

^^^ Why did it make you laugh? Because you felt that i was a little out of line the way i was talking to you because you are in your 20's and you are "career oriented"? You obviously work somewhere that you feel isnt treating you fairly...this isnt a career oriented job from what you are making it out to be...you could be career oriented all your life and work at McD's...if the company you are at is important enough to you to make it a career, then you'll do whatever it takes to stay there and move up...

Now you are blaming the higher ups for these headaches because they've had things handed to them...well tough ****, alot of people have...its called business. Not everyone starts in a grunt position and works their way up, some people stumble into upper management because they are incredible business men/women and/or great managers, some of them are grandfathered in...doesnt matter, they are in the position for a reason, you are not in the position for a reason...if they make you do these jobs, then obviously, it IS part of your job description...if you are a grunt, the words "job description" take on a whole new face...and quite a generic one at that.

You seem to be very defensive of yourself, but at the same time, admitting it was your fault in the tardy incident...i gotta tell you man, i work out of my house 3 days per week and ive heard the "grunts" here talking about how im never here and how they should have my job because they are here all the time...it makes me laugh.

If you are unhappy...work harder to get a better position hgiher up or leave...since you are "career oriented"...you should understand taht if you let people walk on you, they will...and if it makes their life easier, they'll do it ALOT. I have people here that i ask to do busy work all the time because they do it, do it well, and i dont want to do it...they are subordinates, if one of them gave me a legitimate reason they didnt or wouldnt do a job i tell them, i'll work with them, but if they just do it...hell, im gonna let them, and ask them to do it again in the future.

At 23 years old, still in college and only with a company for a few months, you dont have the first clue if you want to make this your career...just FYI. Ive been with the company im in right now for 8 years and still have doubts sometimes...start talking years of this and we'll talk about unfair...you're a newbie...in a small company with a bunch of chiefs...you seems to be an indian...just be the best indian there, and one day you'll get your change to be cheif.

My dad told me this, and its some of the best advice i ever got...you got three people in the corporate world...

Country Club Members - The ones taht are "IN", they know someone, they are higher up, and they are in the loop permanently, they may not work as hard, but they are in for the long haul.

Hammers - These are the people that bust their ***...eventually get recognized for it and they make money to reflect their hard work. You arnt in the loop 100% of the time, but you keep the loop going...you may not get the time off or the perks the above people do, but you get paid for the hard work that reflects on them, so they keep you around, even if its to make them look good.

Population - These are the generics, the people that are here one year, gone the next...the axe comes down, they are the first to take a blow...you do the grunt work, you do the busy work, and you work the **** hours...you get paid less, but if you try hard enough, you'll move up...and become a hammer, if not, you'll remain "population".

...bottom line...be the shiniest ******* hammer in the drawer...and you'll be set.
hypnosisracing is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 10:14 AM
  #18  
Honda-Tech Member
 
JimmyAtlantis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,854
Default Re: i was late for work again... (hypnosisracing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hypnosisracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">^^^ Why did it make you laugh? Because you felt that i was a little out of line the way i was talking to you because you are in your 20's and you are "career oriented"? You obviously work somewhere that you feel isnt treating you fairly...this isnt a career oriented job from what you are making it out to be...you could be career oriented all your life and work at McD's...if the company you are at is important enough to you to make it a career, then you'll do whatever it takes to stay there and move up...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Actually I work for a START UP national (soon to be GLOBAL) Television network that is treating me very fairly. I enjoy very much being a video producer. The thing that makes me laugh is that you want to quit because YOU can't be on time. Didn't I say that already?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JimmyAtlantis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">6A-5P M-F salaried. David, you sound as if you're in that 16-19 y/o range. You feel like you should quit because YOU can't be on time. I needed a good laugh.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep...I did.
JimmyAtlantis is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 10:15 AM
  #19  
Honda-Tech Member
 
hypnosisracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,861
Default Re: i was late for work again... (JimmyAtlantis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Actually I work for a START UP national (soon to be GLOBAL) Television network that is treating me very fairly. I enjoy very much being a video producer. The thing that makes me laugh is that you want to quit because YOU can't be on time. Didn't I say that already?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Huh? Did you quote the wrong thing?
hypnosisracing is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 10:16 AM
  #20  
david
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: i was late for work again... (UCBSTI)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by UCBSTI &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No, its definately are full </TD></TR></TABLE>

LoL.. itís like that for a reasonÖ I know what kind of people are on Honda-Tech. always trying to correct speech and spelling. Use your head since you're soo0o0o smart like you claim. oh ya... Thanks for the quote. at least i can tell the mods i never said it. &lt;3 don't be angry about what i posted last time. chill out so you can sleep at night.
 
Old 11-08-2005, 10:23 AM
  #21  
ucb
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: MEGA
Posts: 1,330
Default Re: i was late for work again... (david)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by david &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">LoL.. itís like that for a reasonÖ I know what kind of people are on Honda-Tech. always trying to correct speech and spelling. Use your head since you're soo0o0o smart like you claim. oh ya... Thanks for the quote. at least i can tell the mods i never said it. &lt;3 don't be angry about what i posted last time. chill out so you can sleep at night.</TD></TR></TABLE>

errr...ok

I didnt realize I was in need of chilling out.

I still think you whine too much. If you want more pay, quit, finish your BA, and then get a job with a salary you "deserve"

I really love it when people think they "Deserve" a certain pay, when they have been with a company for a short amount of time and havn't really done anything significant to provide a basis for this higher salary
ucb is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 10:25 AM
  #22  
Honda-Tech Member
 
JimmyAtlantis's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Buffalo, NY
Posts: 1,854
Default Re: i was late for work again... (hypnosisracing)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by hypnosisracing &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Huh? Did you quote the wrong thing?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Maybe. Maybe I for some reason thought you were the original poster. Maybe I just wanted to add to the confusion that is sometimes HT. Just maybe.
JimmyAtlantis is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 10:26 AM
  #23  
Honda-Tech Member
 
hypnosisracing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 2,861
Default Re: i was late for work again... (JimmyAtlantis)

^^^ YARG!
hypnosisracing is offline  
Old 11-08-2005, 11:20 AM
  #24  
david
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: i was late for work again... (hypnosisracing)

Originally Posted by hypnosisracing
^^^ Why did it make you laugh? Because you felt that i was a little out of line the way i was talking to you because you are in your 20's and you are "career oriented"? You obviously work somewhere that you feel isnt treating you fairly...this isnt a career oriented job from what you are making it out to be...you could be career oriented all your life and work at McD's...if the company you are at is important enough to you to make it a career, then you'll do whatever it takes to stay there and move up... .
I didnít feel like you were out of lineÖ relax. I get this feeling like you think Iím some punk kid thatís allÖjust trying to defend myself. ďcareer orientedĒ yeah. I agree with what you say about ďif the company you are at is important enough to you to make it a career, then you'll do whatever it takes to stay there and move up...Ē taken advantage of or not, I said I feel like quitting but doesnít mean Iím going to.

Originally Posted by hypnosisracing
Now you are blaming the higher ups for these headaches because they've had things handed to them...well tough ****, alot of people have...its called business. Not everyone starts in a grunt position and works their way up, some people stumble into upper management because they are incredible business men/women and/or great managers, some of them are grandfathered in...doesnt matter, they are in the position for a reason, you are not in the position for a reason...if they make you do these jobs, then obviously, it IS part of your job description...if you are a grunt, the words "job description" take on a whole new face...and quite a generic one at that.
Iím not blaming anybodyÖ calm down. I meant it as theyíre afraid to sweat. And I guess it is in my job description then, even though it isnít stated anywhere.

Originally Posted by hypnosisracing
You seem to be very defensive of yourself, but at the same time, admitting it was your fault in the tardy incident...i gotta tell you man, i work out of my house 3 days per week and ive heard the "grunts" here talking about how im never here and how they should have my job because they are here all the time...it makes me laugh.
On Honda-Tech you have to be defensive. Everybody loves to flame rather than give some productive input. And Iím not a gruntÖ but they have me doing work like somebody without a brain. You need to understand where Iím coming from. I donít want anybody elseís position. I just feel a little bit taken advantage of. I wasnít hired to do those things and yet I still do.

Originally Posted by hypnosisracing
If you are unhappy...work harder to get a better position hgiher up or leave...since you are "career oriented"...you should understand taht if you let people walk on you, they will...and if it makes their life easier, they'll do it ALOT. I have people here that i ask to do busy work all the time because they do it, do it well, and i dont want to do it...they are subordinates, if one of them gave me a legitimate reason they didnt or wouldnt do a job i tell them, i'll work with them, but if they just do it...hell, im gonna let them, and ask them to do it again in the future.
LoL I know.

Originally Posted by hypnosisracing
At 23 years old, still in college and only with a company for a few months, you dont have the first clue if you want to make this your career...just FYI. Ive been with the company im in right now for 8 years and still have doubts sometimes...start talking years of this and we'll talk about unfair...you're a newbie...in a small company with a bunch of chiefs...you seems to be an indian...just be the best indian there, and one day you'll get your change to be cheif.
Donít take this the wrong wayÖ Youíre not in my shoes and you donít know how I was raised and where I grew up. Iím a simple person. I donít care what I do as long as I get paid, unhappy or not. **** I like doing doesnít qualify as a job and definitely not legal. I might be 23 but I can tell you Iím not the average 23 year old you see on MTV, BET, Laguna Beach, or Beverly Hills 90210Ö I know exactly what I want and where Iím going.

Originally Posted by hypnosisracing
My dad told me this, and its some of the best advice i ever got...you got three people in the corporate world...

Country Club Members - The ones taht are "IN", they know someone, they are higher up, and they are in the loop permanently, they may not work as hard, but they are in for the long haul.

Hammers - These are the people that bust their ***...eventually get recognized for it and they make money to reflect their hard work. You arnt in the loop 100% of the time, but you keep the loop going...you may not get the time off or the perks the above people do, but you get paid for the hard work that reflects on them, so they keep you around, even if its to make them look good.

Population - These are the generics, the people that are here one year, gone the next...the axe comes down, they are the first to take a blow...you do the grunt work, you do the busy work, and you work the **** hours...you get paid less, but if you try hard enough, you'll move up...and become a hammer, if not, you'll remain "population".

...bottom line...be the shiniest ******* hammer in the drawer...and you'll be set.
ThanksÖ I needed that.
 
Old 11-08-2005, 11:30 AM
  #25  
3rd g3aR vTak
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hudson, NY, United States
Posts: 1,145
Default Re: i was late for work again... (david)

I'm late everyday! I'm supposed to be here at 4:30am and usually role in about 6 or 7am. I'm salary. I leave when my job for the day is done. It's good being the boss. (as long as my boss don't find out , I'm good)
. O M E G A is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.