Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Horrible Eating Habits that make people fat

Old 04-04-2006, 09:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Horrible Eating Habits that make people fat

I was wondering how many other members have a problem with there eating habits?

Here a few of mine that really bothers me.

1. I'll eat when I'm not hungry. I usually do this out of boredom, Yeah whenever I'm bored I'll eat for no apparent reason. I'll be on the computer surfing and when I get bored not the slightest bit hungry Iíll go make myself a snack.

2. When I'm at work I completely control my diet but as soon as I get home I binge eat. At work I can control my diet perfectly eating healthy eating small portion and feeling great about it. I think the reason is because it's hard to get off course there's no temptation I work in an office so unless I leave I can only eat what I brought which works for me. Then as soon as I get home I raid the pantry (snack closet) eating cookies, chips, cupcakes whatever is in there I don't know why I do this and I can't stop. Currently I still live with my parents and even though I told her not to buy the junk food she still does.

3. Social eating, eating just cause everyone else is. This one is not too much of a problem for me but I always fall victim to eat. Hanging out with friends 1 person is hungry everyone gets food and I know I shouldn't but I still do and then feel guilty about it later.

4. Proper Portions. I don't if I am cheap or I just don't like wasting food or it possibly could be I'm a fatass but I never leave a single thing on my plate. I try to make myself eat smaller portions but every time my Mom throws on an extra helping I eat it up without thinking twice.

Okay now before everyone gets the impression that I'm some huge fat kid who can't fit through the door please don't because I'm not. In fact I'm pretty healthy I think I have a high metabolism but because I eat so much I never give my body the chance to burn off the excess.

My Stats:
Weight: 210lbs
Height: 6'0
Body: Slight belly (most people don't know I'm fat until I take off my shirt )

I wrote this thread quickly at work so I apologize now for grammatical and spelling errors and hopefully it makes sense I will revise it once I get a chance.
Old 04-04-2006, 09:21 AM

Default Re: Horrible Eating Habits that make people fat (D Type)

sorry just thought of another one. This won't dosen't bother be that much but it's one of the reasons I'm fat

I always have to eat sumthin when I'm about to watch a movie/show that I think is gonna be awesome. Yeah so usually when I get all my bleach/Full Metal Alchemist/The OC downloaded or a movie I've been anticapting for I'll make myself some food get on my favorite couch turn the lights off turn the volume up and get really into the move and when I do this I usually start out with some food. Don't know why I posted it but I did and now there's no turning back
Old 04-04-2006, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah, boredom and stress are the two main reasons I get sloppy and pork out on crap food, social eating to some extent...I'd add convenience too...its easier to go out to Taco Bell or a restaurant and have your food served to you hot instead of rumaging around the supermarket and kitchen to make your own healthy food
Old 04-04-2006, 09:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Horrible Eating Habits that make people fat (flowbee)

well...hopefully this thread & your post will help you to pinpoint your problems, which should create a path for success. (next time you sit down to watch a movie, hopefully you can think about this thread...and maybe watch the movie without fixing yourself a snack)

where do you work?
how much longer do you plan to live with your parents?

can you sit down with your mom and have a conversation about this with her?
when there's all sorts of junk food in your house, then it's easy to choose that instead of something that's better for you, or instead of not eating anything at all.

and if she wants the best for you (what kind of mother doesn't?), then she shouldn't be offering you extra servings after dinner.

but the problems extend beyond that. can't blame her for your problems. (though she should be able to help)

it's about self control. i think lack of that is the main cause of obesity in our society today.

i wish i could teach people self control....i'd be a billionaire by now if i were able to.
Old 04-04-2006, 07:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Horrible Eating Habits that make people fat (corona)

biggest thing... get on an exercise routine

1. when you are doing lifting/cardio regularly, you won't have to worry about eating when you're not hungry. you will always be hungry

2. when you are into your health, you won't let yourself eat junk. after i lift/swim/run there is no way i could go home and eat chips/cookies.
- after a couple months of doing this, you'll find it easier and easier not to eat junk.

3. eat more small meals at work. bring more healthy snacks (fruit, granola bar, nutri-grain bar, turkey sandwich on wheat) and it will help control your hunger when you get home.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by corona &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
it's about self control. i think lack of that is the main cause of obesity in our society today. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 04-05-2006, 07:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Horrible Eating Habits that make people fat (blackcivic44)

I just flat out eat a lot. I don't really eat snacks, but I eat large portions three times daily, most of the time unhealthy food like pizza or fried chicken. My weekends of binge drinking and late night fast food grubbing never helps.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:37 AM
Ditto

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D Type &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
1. I'll eat when I'm not hungry. I usually do this out of boredom, Yeah whenever I'm bored I'll eat for no apparent reason. I'll be on the computer surfing and when I get bored not the slightest bit hungry Iíll go make myself a snack.</TD></TR></TABLE>

No **** fatty, stop eating all the damn Zebra Cakes!
Old 04-05-2006, 09:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I hate that when I travel with anyone that most people eat only twice a day and I have to settle for whatever I can find to eat since I eat six times a day

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.