Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

High five to this mom!

Old 01-10-2008, 08:34 AM

Default High five to this mom!

http://cbs3.com/watercooler/mo....html

Mom Places Ad To Sell Rule-Breaking Son's Car
Des Moine, Iowa (CBS) ― Jane Hambleton has dubbed herself the "meanest mom on the planet."

After finding alcohol in her son's car, she decided to sell the car and share her 19-year-old's misdeed with everyone, by placing an ad in the local newspaper.

The ad reads: "OLDS 1999 Intrigue. Totally uncool parents who obviously don't love teenage son, selling his car. Only driven for three weeks before snoopy mom who needs to get a life found booze under front seat. $3,700/offer. Call meanest mom on the planet."

Hambleton has heard from people besides interested buyers since recently placing the ad in The Des Moines Register.

The 48-year-old from Fort Dodge says she has fielded more than 70 telephone calls from emergency room technicians, nurses, school counselors and even a Georgia man who wanted to congratulate her.

"The ad cost a fortune, but you know what? I'm telling people what happened here," Hambleton says. "I'm not just gonna put the car for resale when there's nothing wrong with it, except the driver made a dumb decision.

"It's overwhelming the number of calls I've gotten from people saying 'Thank you, it's nice to see a responsible parent.' So far there are no calls from anyone saying, 'You're really strict. You're real overboard, lady.'"

The only critic is her son, who Hambleton says is "very, very unhappy" with the ad and claims the alcohol was left by a passenger.

Hambleton believes her son but has decided mercy isn't the best policy in this case. She says she set two rules when she bought the car at Thanksgiving: No booze, and always keep it locked.

The car has been sold, but Hambleton says she will continue the ad for another week, just for the feedback.

( MMVIII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)
Old 01-10-2008, 08:35 AM

Default Re: High five to this mom! (red_si_gurl)

I've been hearing about this damn thing for a week...

I would kill her... with the car.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:36 AM
im hench irl

What a bitch, but i supose a lesson well learned.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: High five to this mom! (esco562)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by esco562 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What a bitch, but i supose a lesson well learned.</TD></TR></TABLE>

how is she a bitch? she gave him two simple rules and he couldnt follow them. So tough **** for the kid.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:47 AM

Default Re: High five to this mom! (streetxdreamer)

What about listening to the kid? Maybe it was left by someone else? If that is the case then I would say she is a shitty mom for crucifing her son and not listening to him. Communication with kids is vital.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:49 AM
I'm here for the gangbang!

Default Re: High five to this mom! (Jedimiah)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jedimiah &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What about listening to the kid? Maybe it was left by someone else? If that is the case then I would say she is a shitty mom for crucifing her son and not listening to him. Communication with kids is vital.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Adhering to your parents' rules is also vital. No alcohol in the car, means just that. I would never let my friends ride in my car with any drinks when I was younger.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:51 AM
Head Of Bespoke

Damn. I would have lost my car 10 times over if my parents ever bothered to search my car in HS.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Two simple rules. Kid failed.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:53 AM
Don't believe the rumors

Default Re: High five to this mom! (Lewie)

meh, the kid's 19, he's gonna drink anyway.

There's no evidence that he was driving drunk.

Selling his car seems a bit extreme. No harsh warning for the first time, or anything. Mom need a dick in the ***.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:54 AM
Photography Pundit

I'll give a to that *****... good parenting FTW
Old 01-10-2008, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: High five to this mom! (Lewie)

$20 says the kid is on crack by the time hes 20.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:58 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: High five to this mom! (homey dont play dat)

Thats why I bought my car and put it in my name when I was a minor.
Old 01-10-2008, 08:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: High five to this mom! (crawdad689)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by crawdad689 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">meh, the kid's 19, he's gonna drink anyway.

There's no evidence that he was driving drunk.

Selling his car seems a bit extreme. No harsh warning for the first time, or anything. Mom need a dick in the ***. </TD></TR></TABLE>

the harsh warning was when she set the rule. why set a rule if youre going to let it slide the first time?
Old 01-10-2008, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

good for her!
even if its his friend... shouldn't have been in the car anyway... he's 19yrs.old
plus i dont want this f*cker drunk driving near me!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TypRice)

Damn cockblocked by ma dukes.

you know the only way that kid was gonna get any ***, was alcohol to get the girls drunk enough to ride with him.

No one's gotten a handjob in an Oldsmobile since Nam!
Old 01-10-2008, 09:02 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jedimiah &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What about listening to the kid? Maybe it was left by someone else? If that is the case then I would say she is a shitty mom for crucifing her son and not listening to him. Communication with kids is vital.</TD></TR></TABLE>

that was the kids car...so its his responsibility whether his friends or someonelse left it there...
it just good to hear that there are still good parents that do that...look at them kids today...they are freakin spoiled brat and wouldnt even respect their elderly.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:06 AM
crazy mad murdock

Anyone that says listen to the kid is the same people that are going to be trying to fit in their kids clothes....

Be a parent not a friend and get your head out of your ***...way to go mom.

Old 01-10-2008, 09:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i need pics of OP to gather all my thoughts and give a educated response
Old 01-10-2008, 09:15 AM

Default Re: (csingham)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr.EGo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
that was the kids car...so its his responsibility whether his friends or someonelse left it there...
it just good to hear that there are still good parents that do that...look at them kids today...they are freakin spoiled brat and wouldnt even respect their elderly.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are correct but the crime should fit the punishment. If he was driving the kids that were drinking and not driving drunk then it's not the same as DWI. A good parent would have know what he was doing and who he was hanging out with. A good parent would have punished without embarassing the boy. You want to take away the car, fine but don't humiliate that will only degrade his self image.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:18 AM
Collector-o-Guns and Drinker

+1 for the mom
Old 01-10-2008, 09:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

A 19yr old kid should not have alcohol in his car anyways...And before you get you're panties in a twist, yes i was 19 once and yes i did have alcohol in my car and no my parents never caught it, im just speaking on the current situation...What are you gonna do if you find alcohol in youre kids car? Give him a pat on the back?
Old 01-10-2008, 09:24 AM
I'm here for the gangbang!

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jedimiah &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What about listening to the kid? Maybe it was left by someone else? </TD></TR></TABLE>

If the bottle is open, and a cop pulls you over and finds it, he can arrest you for a DUI, even if you hadn't had a single drink. At least in FL the law reads that way, so the mom had good reason to react this way.
Old 01-10-2008, 09:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Jedimiah)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jedimiah &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You are correct but the crime should fit the punishment. If he was driving the kids that were drinking and not driving drunk then it's not the same as DWI. A good parent would have know what he was doing and who he was hanging out with. A good parent would have punished without embarassing the boy. You want to take away the car, fine but don't humiliate that will only degrade his self image.</TD></TR></TABLE>

GTFO, open container in car and he is still expletiveed. Minor or not
Old 01-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Foreign Symbols

Heard about this last week. Good for the momma. little boy owned
Old 01-10-2008, 09:29 AM
Shenanigans

Default Re: High five to this mom! (Captn. Save A Hoe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Captn. Save A Hoe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

A 19yr old kid should not have alcohol in his car anyways...And before you get you're panties in a twist, yes i was 19 once and yes i did have alcohol in my car and no my parents never caught it, im just speaking on the current situation...What are you gonna do if you find alcohol in youre kids car? Give him a pat on the back? </TD></TR></TABLE>

take his keys, ground him, punch him in the face?

hes 19, presumably out of high school and either in college or has a full time job (if not and hes a bum i salute the mother) hes retarded for having alcohol in the car and even retardeder for being caught, but that doesnt warrant the mother to sell his vehicle

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.