H-T True Crime Fans - Check In - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

Old 11-13-2018, 08:07 AM
  #1  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
SIRIUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: BAWLSTON
Posts: 13,233
Default H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

Yo.....I know there has to be more people in here that are INTO True Crime like I am. So what are you guys into right now? ATM I have 3 main things occupying ALOT of my True Crime time:

1) Sword And Scale Podcast (I just recently started in on this)
2) The Mark Hewitt Zodiac Books (Spoiler Alert, the Zodiac and UNABomber are the same guy)
3) Anything Golden State Killer / EAR / Original Night Stalker related

so with that said, what you guys into? What's on your blotter? Speaking of Blotter, "The Blotter Presents" podcast is a good source of new material to check out.
SIRIUS is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 08:11 AM
  #2  
B20 Bhai M.B.B.S
 
b20sedan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Firebird, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,254
Default Re: H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

True Crime Garage is my go to true crime podcast
b20sedan is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 10:04 AM
  #3  
Honda-Tech Member
 
rockcity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Culture of Honor
Posts: 408
Default Re: H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

reddit.com/r/unresolvedmysteries is my go to for keeping up to date with cold cases and such.
rockcity is offline  
Old 11-13-2018, 10:31 PM
  #4  
Honda-Tech Member
 
crazyhorse2011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: 8 inches deep in your mom
Posts: 356
Default Re: H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

Originally Posted by b20sedan View Post
True Crime Garage is my go to true crime podcast
when i was working the assembly line this was on play for 7 hours every shift
crazyhorse2011 is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 02:43 AM
  #5  
Honda-Tech Member
 
tony_2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 11,459
Default Re: H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

Who drew the dicks
tony_2018 is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 04:52 AM
  #6  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
SIRIUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: BAWLSTON
Posts: 13,233
Default Re: H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

I like True Crime Garage as well.

Episode #103 of Sword and Scale. The first story, with the 9-1-1 calls oooffffff.....brutal. I had to stop and gather myself.
SIRIUS is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 05:52 AM
  #7  
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Default Re: H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

Originally Posted by SIRIUS View Post
(Spoiler Alert, the Zodiac and UNABomber are the same guy)
You're investing a lot of your time into a false premise.
moopmoop is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 06:02 AM
  #8  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
SIRIUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: BAWLSTON
Posts: 13,233
Default Re: H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
You're investing a lot of your time into a false premise.
You've read the books? The author makes a great case, I haven't finished the last book though.
SIRIUS is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 06:06 AM
  #9  
Honda-Tech Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 5
Default Re: H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

Originally Posted by SIRIUS View Post
You've read the books? The author makes a great case, I haven't finished the last book though.
Take a simple look at the timeline. Many of the crimes the Zodiac is suspected of occurred while Kaczynski was halfway across the continent completing his Ph.D in Ann Arbor.

Additionally, Kaczynski didn't kill anyone until quite a few bombs in. It doesn't logically track for him to go from senseless murder up close to mailing non-lethal bombs to specifically targeted folks. The manifesto he requested published also goes against the general tone of stuff published by the Zodiac.

That said, I listen to the following True Crime podcasts and find them quite good:

-Atlanta Monster
-Criminal (true crime-ish)
-In the Dark

I also enjoyed season one of Serial.
moopmoop is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 06:33 AM
  #10  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
SIRIUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: BAWLSTON
Posts: 13,233
Default Re: H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

The Zodiac used code much like the UB. The timelines have been debated back and forth and there is a case for the UB and Z being the same guy. some crimes attributed to the Z might not even be the Z as well. But I'll say I still need to finish the final book.

The only one I haven't listened to is "In The Dark:. I'll check it out. Season 1 of Serial was awesome. The 2 subsequent seasons are terrible.
SIRIUS is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 02:15 PM
  #11  
Honda-Tech Member
 
rockcity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Culture of Honor
Posts: 408
Default Re: H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

Originally Posted by SIRIUS View Post
The Zodiac used code much like the UB. The timelines have been debated back and forth and there is a case for the UB and Z being the same guy. some crimes attributed to the Z might not even be the Z as well. But I'll say I still need to finish the final book.

The only one I haven't listened to is "In The Dark:. I'll check it out. Season 1 of Serial was awesome. The 2 subsequent seasons are terrible.
Na that's novice level sleuths **** there. Check out /r/unresolvedmysteries. It is frequented by most of those podcast hosts and such. That subreddit always has the latest news on every case imaginable.
rockcity is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 02:24 PM
  #12  
B20 Bhai M.B.B.S
 
b20sedan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Firebird, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,254
Default Re: H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

Originally Posted by SIRIUS View Post
I like True Crime Garage as well.

Episode #103 of Sword and Scale. The first story, with the 9-1-1 calls oooffffff.....brutal. I had to stop and gather myself.
Gonna have to check out that sword and scale episode
b20sedan is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 06:17 PM
  #13  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
SIRIUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: BAWLSTON
Posts: 13,233
Default Re: H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

Originally Posted by rockcity View Post
Na that's novice level sleuths **** there. Check out /r/unresolvedmysteries. It is frequented by most of those podcast hosts and such. That subreddit always has the latest news on every case imaginable.
Ughh I'm not on Reddit, and honestly I'm trying to not go down that hole.....but thanks for the heads up. I'll keep it in mind
SIRIUS is offline  
Old 11-14-2018, 06:18 PM
  #14  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
SIRIUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: BAWLSTON
Posts: 13,233
Default Re: H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

Originally Posted by b20sedan View Post
Gonna have to check out that sword and scale episode
Enjoy. I think that one made my day today darker. Eeshhh
SIRIUS is offline  
Old 11-15-2018, 11:51 AM
  #15  
B20 Bhai M.B.B.S
 
b20sedan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Firebird, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,254
Default Re: H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

Originally Posted by SIRIUS View Post
Enjoy. I think that one made my day today darker. Eeshhh
**** me, I should've heeded your warning
b20sedan is offline  
Old 11-15-2018, 12:06 PM
  #16  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
SIRIUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: BAWLSTON
Posts: 13,233
Default Re: H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

Originally Posted by b20sedan View Post
**** me, I should've heeded your warning
Right? The woman on the phone going hysterical as he murders her on the street......brutal.
SIRIUS is offline  
Old 11-15-2018, 12:19 PM
  #17  
B20 Bhai M.B.B.S
 
b20sedan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Firebird, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,254
Default Re: H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

Originally Posted by SIRIUS View Post
Right? The woman on the phone going hysterical as he murders her on the street......brutal.
Yeah, can't imagine how surreal witnessing that would've been, listening to that call it felt like an eternity for the police to show up.

Weirdly satisfying listening to the girl crying for her dad on the second crime, they killed that poor kid for nothing.
b20sedan is offline  
Old 11-15-2018, 01:27 PM
  #18  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
SIRIUS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: BAWLSTON
Posts: 13,233
Default Re: H-T True Crime Fans - Check In

Originally Posted by b20sedan View Post
Yeah, can't imagine how surreal witnessing that would've been, listening to that call it felt like an eternity for the police to show up.

Weirdly satisfying listening to the girl crying for her dad on the second crime, they killed that poor kid for nothing.
Agreed, it was oddly satisfying. That sounds weird to say though
SIRIUS is offline  


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.