Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Foxconn CEO running for Taiwan president

Old 04-18-2019, 01:00 AM
The Science Guy

Default Foxconn CEO running for Taiwan president

Terry Guo, CEO of Foxconn, the contract manufacturer for iphones, electronics (pretty much anything that contains plastic and a circuit board), will run for president in Taiwan.

If elected (which I think he has a really good chance of) he will undoubtedly push Taiwan closer to China.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2019/04/17/world/asia/terry-gou-foxcon-taiwan-presidential-race.amp.html
Old 04-18-2019, 01:08 AM
that's no moon

Default Re: Foxconn CEO running for Taiwan president

So given the latter you would prefer he does not get elected?
Old 04-18-2019, 01:22 AM
The Science Guy

Default Re: Foxconn CEO running for Taiwan president

Originally Posted by 020 View Post
So given the latter you would prefer he does not get elected?
Just an observation. Given how much power and business Terry has in China, and the political interest China has in Taiwan, I do forsee China will have a hand in getting him elected.

I don't have a strong opinion about China-Taiwan relations politically. Though most of my relatives are pro-"One China"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.