Flat Earth Enthusiast Thread - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

Flat Earth Enthusiast Thread

Old 09-11-2017, 10:02 AM   #1
Honda-Tech Member

Default Flat Earth Enthusiast Thread

I've been doing a lot of reading the past few months and this is something that has caught my interest. There's really no proof the Earth is a "globe" and it's becoming more and more plausible that the Earth is actually flat. I think there are other people on here too that might feel the same way. From flight paths to the way the solar eclipse happened, from how good CGI is to possibly doctored NASA photographs, it's possible that we need to look a little closer into this.

For example when you talk about the supposed "curvature" of the Earth, the physics of a spherical Earth dictate that at ground level our perspective should bring the vanishing point to the horizon at so close to the center frame that we can't tell it is not. As we gain altitude this will quickly change. It's all math so it can't be biased. All photographs that we see of the curvature we imagine could come from one of two sources (Go-Pro or other wide angle lenses that show huge distortion).

On the other hand the easiest explanation most people provide for a "globe" Earth is how ships vanish below the "horizon." Perspective causes objects to shrink past their vanishing point and there are studies showing that proper zoon can restore sight of these ships. It makes much more sense that the flat earth is accelerating upwards at 9.8m/s^2 which gives the illusion of Newtonian gravity.

Anyways like I said I'm just asking questions here. If you guys also are interested in the flat Earth theory then post below!

tron_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:06 AM   #2
I said I don't want a title!

Default Re: Flat Earth Enthusiast Thread

Which way can I walk so that I can find the edge of the earth? Also, if I must sail there, is the earth more like a "bowl" in that there is a ring around the edge that holds in water?

I'm sure these have been answered already, so help me out.
Todd00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:08 AM   #3
Drunk Wagon Pilot

Anyone who actually believes this **** needs their head examined

No joke
Pinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:09 AM   #4
washuuu

tl;dr.

so umm, those nasa images of earth are fake?
mistersparco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:11 AM   #5
I root for shitty sports teams

"I'm just asking questions."
The GreenD16 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:11 AM   #6
Imgur Lives Matter

yes
90hatch94dsm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #7
0x5359-0055

My simulation didn't get the flat earth patch
213374U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #8
Honda-Tech Member

Are you serious ? lol. Throw out all you know about Newtonian physics and general relativity guys, we have the answer!

On another note,
  • How thick is a flat earth?
  • Why is every other planet/star a round globe that we can actually see and take pictures of but the earth is magically a disk?
  • What happens when you get to the edge of the earth?
LightningTeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:13 AM   #9
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

rico91stang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:14 AM   #10
Drunk Wagon Pilot

So I guess the live feeds from the ISS where you can see the Earth rotating and different landmasses coming into view on a curved surface are just CGI

What about the polar caps and magnetism? What about Earth's gravitational field? What about why the toilets flush clockwise and counterclockwise depending on which hemisphere you're in?
Pinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:14 AM   #11

Old 09-11-2017, 10:15 AM   #12
Honda-Tech Member

Hey Todd, from my research I've noticed that regarding the "edge" of the Earth, you need to first understand the map (Google the "Gleasons Map" or the "Azimuthal projection.") It is a flat disc shape with the North pole in the center and Antarctica, instead of being a large continent on the bottom, is actually the Southern rim of the known world. To get there, you would only need to start anywhere in the known world and follow a compass South (not actually a singular point, as it's simply opposite North). You would hypothetically reach the Antarctic ice, which is exactly what you think...a giant ice wall. What's beyond that? Only speculation follows that question, there is no telling how far you can travel "South" or what you'll find. If you tried to do this however, you would be stopped by the Navies of the world after 60 degrees South latitude via the Antarctic treaty (signed within a year of NASA's formation). As far as holding water in, there are irregularities on Earth's surface which allow water to pool, much like how puddles form on irregularly-leveled sidewalks. Thanks for the post!
Old 09-11-2017, 10:17 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
Hey Todd, from my research I've noticed that regarding the "edge" of the Earth, you need to first understand the map (Google the "Gleasons Map" or the "Azimuthal projection.") It is a flat disc shape with the North pole in the center and Antarctica, instead of being a large continent on the bottom, is actually the Southern rim of the known world. To get there, you would only need to start anywhere in the known world and follow a compass South (not actually a singular point, as it's simply opposite North). You would hypothetically reach the Antarctic ice, which is exactly what you think...a giant ice wall. What's beyond that? Only speculation follows that question, there is no telling how far you can travel "South" or what you'll find. If you tried to do this however, you would be stopped by the Navies of the world after 60 degrees South latitude via the Antarctic treaty (signed within a year of NASA's formation). As far as holding water in, there are irregularities on Earth's surface which allow water to pool, much like how puddles form on irregularly-leveled sidewalks. Thanks for the post!
Ah, ok. That definitely answers my questions. Thanks for clearing things up.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #14
Honda-Tech Member

#fakenews

Old 09-11-2017, 10:18 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd00 View Post
lol
Old 09-11-2017, 10:19 AM   #16
Honda-Tech Member

I was on a flat earth discussion facebook group, I lasted almost a week before getting banned. Longer than expected.
SIRIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:21 AM   #17
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Cant have water pooling without gravity.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:24 AM   #18
Mr. Koy Noi

Lasty K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:25 AM   #19
Honda-Tech Member

There are no flight going over the Arctic because no place to land in case of emergency or for fuel stops and no airports. To fly that way would be risky.
SIRIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 10:26 AM   #20

Show me a picture of the earth....

Just asking questions.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:29 AM   #21
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistersparco View Post
tl;dr.

so umm, those nasa images of earth are fake?
Hey mistersparco! I think what er've been presented with by NASA is all CGI and composite imaging. When you take the Nikon p900x cameras you can actually zoom in enough to do a few things. One being you can actually focus on the stars, which would prove they are not light years awat. Two, you can prove they are in the same focal range as the moon (inside the firmament). Actual stars look like energy init's purest form hovering in their places. The planets, are essentially larger, brighter stars known as the "wandering stars" but are the same thing for all intents and purposes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningTeg View Post
Are you serious ? lol. Throw out all you know about Newtonian physics and general relativity guys, we have the answer!

On another note,
  • How thick is a flat earth?
  • Why is every other planet/star a round globe that we can actually see and take pictures of but the earth is magically a disk?
  • What happens when you get to the edge of the earth?
Hey Lightningteg! Thanks for posting. Some of your questions can be answered in my last post as well as the post above. As far as the thickness of the Earth, the deepest hole known to have been dug is 12km down, deeper than the Mariana trench. Nobody can get any deeper and all models showing things beyond even a crust to the Earth are all speculation. All that is known for sure is that it gets very hot and you usually find water at some point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinja View Post
So I guess the live feeds from the ISS where you can see the Earth rotating and different landmasses coming into view on a curved surface are just CGI

What about the polar caps and magnetism? What about Earth's gravitational field? What about why the toilets flush clockwise and counterclockwise depending on which hemisphere you're in?
Hey Pinja, good seeing you in this thread my man! As far as magnetism, magnetics fail to function at the temperatures of the alleged core. The core has not been verified, or proven to be what they claim. And liquids molecular patterns are in too much of a state of flux to achieve magnetic orientation. On the flat Earth model, there is only speculation, as trying to get too far North without governmental approval and pre-setup routes causes you to be met with Navies. Some have tried only to be turned away by Russian submarines, Admiral Byrd has some information on this you may want to read up on, as he was the only U.S. government funded explorer to hit both "poles" he had a very interesting interview after he returned from the South, and wrote a diary when he was in the North. I urge you to check out both. There is an old Latin map showing a mountain made of magnetic stone some 6.5 times wider at the base than Everest would be, so that may very well explain why the compass points North.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:31 AM   #22

Going to be good when Xentropa or AA see this thread.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:32 AM   #23
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Hey Lightningteg! Thanks for posting. Some of your questions can be answered in my last post as well as the post above. As far as the thickness of the Earth, the deepest hole known to have been dug is 12km down, deeper than the Mariana trench. Nobody can get any deeper and all models showing things beyond even a crust to the Earth are all speculation. All that is known for sure is that it gets very hot and you usually find water at some point.
Thats not an answer

How does gravity not affect earth like it affects every other planet and why?

You keep saying the government is hiding information from us, but now we have commercial enterprise (spacex) sending rockets into space. We had a guy jump out of a weather balloon 100,000 ft in the air and record it. All show a globe.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:32 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by The GreenD16 View Post
Going to be good when Xentropa or AA see this thread.
AA is in the middle of the ocean probably. Have him take some pics of the horizon.
Old 09-11-2017, 10:34 AM   #25
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd00 View Post
No problem Todd! Hope to see you in this thread again sometime soon, I appreciate your contribution!

Quote:
#fakenews

Please see above regarding barrel distortion on wide angled lenses!

Quote:
Cant have water pooling without gravity.
Well this is a simple issue of density and buoyancy. You drop lead it falls, you drop helium and it rises. In a vacuum things still naturally know which way down is simply because down is always down, it's only not down when you make up theories about outer space. Things always rearrange according to density in a controlled environment, a vacuum would be nothing, and nothing is less dense than something, so things fall "down" through it.