Flashing lights at slow left left lane drivers - Page 3 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

Flashing lights at slow left left lane drivers

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

Flashing lights at slow left left lane drivers

Old 03-25-2008, 08:07 AM
thk
Members Only

Default Re: (Rguy)

I flash on occasion. Like if they're going considerably slower than the other right lanes to let them know they need to get the [freak] out of the left lane. But more often than not, I'll flash twice and if nothing happens, I will pass them on the right, get in front and start spraying the washers.

I try not to get angry when I drive even when there are asshats on the roads. I'll even slow down and sit in the middle lane with the flow of traffic. But sometimes, I just want to get from point A to point B ASAP.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:07 AM
Stouts 'n' Scotch

Default Re: (BauleyCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">By the way, my road rage cards are in the mail.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL!

My friend in HS had some of those, there were even some to impress the ladies with.

I also knew a guy that had a PA system hooked up in his engine bay to yell at other drivers. Hilarious, yes. Illegal, oh yes.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:08 AM

Default Re: (Rguy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Rguy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Washington Metro area is third in the nation for bad traffic, just slightly behind SF and LA.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I say you country *** ten buck two! Only Cali havea mad skill traffics! No passing lane, just emergency no wall for shoulder!
Old 03-25-2008, 08:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Timmah!!)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Timmah!! &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ill flash my lights at an 18 wheeler if Im about to pass them at night. </TD></TR></TABLE>I used to be a truck driver and was always very arrpeciative when passing cars would flash their lights to make me aware of their presents.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:09 AM

Default Re: (Ministry)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ministry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I heard in NJ they actually will ticket you for hanging out in the passing lane and obstructing traffic </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've never heard of this, however, it is illegal to pass on the right in N.J. but it's hardly enforced. If the cop feels like being a d1ck, he can pull you over.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:10 AM
Risky Business

Default Re: (HYREV2NR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HYREV2NR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I used to be a truck driver and was always very arrpeciative when passing cars would flash their lights to make me aware of their presents. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Interesting...I only flash my lights when i'm signaling to the truck driver that they have room.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:12 AM
Widow's Son

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Interesting...I only flash my lights when i'm signaling to the truck driver that they have room.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That would be "On and Off"

Flashing = I'm passing
On and off = go ahead
Hazards = thank you
Old 03-25-2008, 08:12 AM

Default Re: (Noe Kozz)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Noe Kozz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I've never heard of this, however, it is illegal to pass on the right in N.J. but it's hardly enforced. If the cop feels like being a d1ck, he can pull you over.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I went and visited a friend up in Rockaway and on the way I saw signs with an arrow pointing to the left lane and it said "Passing Lane Only" or something like that. my friend said its actually enforced from time to time
Old 03-25-2008, 08:15 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ministry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I went and visited a friend up in Rockaway and on the way I saw signs with an arrow pointing to the left lane and it said "Passing Lane Only" or something like that. my friend said its actually enforced from time to time</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yup, you're right, specially in the Parkway or Turnpike during rush hour.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:16 AM

Default Re: (Johnny.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnny. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> That would be "On and Off"

Flashing = I'm passing
On and off = go ahead
Hazards = thank you</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yup. I've driven cross country (pretty much literally) about a dozen times and that's the system.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Noe Kozz &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've never heard of this, however, it is illegal to pass on the right in N.J. but it's hardly enforced. If the cop feels like being a d1ck, he can pull you over.</TD></TR></TABLE>
I can't say for certain it was the reason, but I've seen people blocking traffic get pulled over. When you're on something like the NJ Turnpike, someone blocking like that not only causes a line of traffic, they also cause people to try dumb/dangerous maneuvers to get around them. It actually IS a safety thing.
[edited - I missed something]
Old 03-25-2008, 08:18 AM

Default Re: (Mark sans)

The passing on the right hand side applies to when the car on the left is doing the speed limit. On the same hand, if you're obstructing traffic on the left lane, you do get pulled over as well.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:21 AM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mark sans &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I flash and it works about half the time.

I hate you. The left lane is for passing -- I don't care how fast you're going. If someone wants to pass you, just let them. You aren't the defender of public safety to them any more than the guy doing 65 is to you.

You're one of the myraid of problems with California. See, in my state, the law is that the left lane is for passing -- and it is illegal not to yield to a car that wishes to go faster. I've heard of your kind actually being pulled over for breaking the law -- even though it allowed a speeding car to pass. As for the rest of it, get over yourself tiny.</TD></TR></TABLE>

see all the things you are trying to defend is speeding..

yea the law is passing on the left lane and all but when you are speeding meaning a danger to the public aka speeding aka wreck less driving , and obviously by the way you talk is a danger to the public roads i seriously doubt ill get pulled over for being too slow in the passing lane

see public safety supersedes traffic law pretty soon someone is going to make a thread about how awful it is to get a speeding ticket .. in the va md district area.. and as for **** cali.. cmon theres more racist people over in VA then there would be in cali
Old 03-25-2008, 08:24 AM
Risky Business

Default Re: (showtymers619)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by showtymers619 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">see all the things you are trying to defend is speeding..
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Speeding is a victimless crime. Speeding is necessary to keep the natural flow of traffic going. I'm not saying make the speed limi 100mph, but 55 on a highway for instance is too f'n slow.

What the world would be like if everyone had to go 55 ---&gt; http://video.google.com/videop...dex=0 (Look at 3:50 on the video)

The ********* in the Maryland legislature just approved speed cameras for any zone that is 45mph or under, i'm just waiting for the day when they try to install them on highways.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:27 AM

Default Re: (showtymers619)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by showtymers619 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">see all the things you are trying to defend is speeding..

...see public safety supersedes traffic law pretty soon someone is going to make a thread about how awful it is to get a speeding ticket .. in the va md district area.. and as for **** cali.. cmon theres more racist people over in VA then there would be in cali </TD></TR></TABLE>
And all you're trying to defend is your ego for owning a moving roadblock. If you care so much about public safety, the CHP has a job for you! Otherwise, GTFO of my way in that behemouth.

As for racist people -- I doubt it highly, based on numbers or percentages. Regional or statewide. FWIW: I lived in SoCal and have substantial ties there.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:33 AM
* B A N N E D *

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mark sans &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
And all you're trying to defend is your ego for owning a moving roadblock. If you care so much about public safety, the CHP has a job for you! Otherwise, GTFO of my way in that behemouth.

As for racist people -- I doubt it highly, based on numbers or percentages. Regional or statewide. FWIW: I lived in SoCal and have substantial ties there.</TD></TR></TABLE>

actually im in that path of profession

and as for racial places in so cal.. they pretty much all fake now these days ....and i live in the heart land of kkk thats what they say .... i dont see it much... the worst part of it was

seeing a young kid in a raggy truck and i swear to myself he was some type of Hawaiian and spoke to me in a southern accent in a racial term of manner .. ( hey boy
you want to get sum licken) and as for a fellow islander .. i stepped out and asked him if he sees my passenger my legal side arm Ruger .45 ....luckly i just came from the range and was out of a clip lol

Modified by showtymers619 at 9:40 AM 3/25/2008

Modified by showtymers619 at 9:41 AM 3/25/2008
Old 03-25-2008, 08:40 AM
Cogent Argument Enthusiast

Default Re: Flashing lights at slow left left lane drivers (Hatchy-Ownzjo0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hatchy-Ownzjo0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
It's simple really. When you know a jackass isnt going to get out of your way, simply go around them and cut them off as close as possible. They will get the hint that they are a [freak]ing ******* blocking traffic and they will more than likely move over. </TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I do. I have to deal with this **** every fuking day on the way to work. I just briskly pass them on the right, and when I get barely in front of their car I cut over. hopefully they get the hint that I'm pissed that I can't do the speed limit in the left lane.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:42 AM
rookn00b

Default Re: Flashing lights at slow left left lane drivers (Rguy)

I don't flash my lights. I just wait for an opening, pass, and cut them off like you wouldn't believe. Sometimes, I'll use the carpool lane to pass, and cut them off. They usually change lanes after that. If I have the time and the freeway is somewhat empty, I'll get in front off them and drive slower than them. When they change lanes to try to pass me, I'll take off.

Bump drafting is a last resort option.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re:

I get pissed as hell when someone is blocking the passing lane. I used to have a crx with a worn out engine, and whenever I managed to pass a roadblock, I would get in front of it and rev my engine to all hell. A death cloud would then come out of my exhaust and blind the roadblock behind me. They would then move over without fail.

However, if I'm going 55.007 in a 55 in the left lane and someone is trying to pass me, I get pissed off and try to block them and everyone else and possibly run them off the road and kill a family while I'm at it just to strike terror into their eyes, because blocking the left lane, just like everything else, is only wrong if someone else does it! Especially if I was driving an SUV, then everyone who doesn't bow to my might MUST die yeah man I am tough guy who will turn your home town into a parking lot LOOK AT MY GUN OVER HERE who the *** are you YEAH!!!!

Old 03-25-2008, 08:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Lsos)

Excuse me guys I got a little carried away there. It's just that some people who think they're somehow better and more important than others really, really **** me off.
Old 03-25-2008, 08:49 AM

Default Re: (Johnny.)

slow drivers get 3 second count from the time i pass the car on the right in the slow lane to get over....if not....i put my blinker on, pull to the right lane and just easy on the gas....then when i am 2 cars in front of the slow car in the fast lane i pull over put the hazzards on...they usually figure it out by then!!

chad
Old 03-25-2008, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

it depends on where you are....

NY... they will brake check you
VA ... they will move over
Florida....noone is usually in the left lane since they give you 5 to choose from
Old 03-25-2008, 09:02 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BauleyCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The ********* in the Maryland legislature just approved speed cameras for any zone that is 45mph or under, i'm just waiting for the day when they try to install them on highways.</TD></TR></TABLE>

aww [freak] me. really?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:09 AM
H-T Poker champion

Default Re: Flashing lights at slow left left lane drivers (Uncle Ben's)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Uncle Benís &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">That's what I do. I have to deal with this **** every fuking day on the way to work. I just briskly pass them on the right, and when I get barely in front of their car I cut over. hopefully they get the hint that I'm pissed that I can't do the speed limit in the left lane. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Might as well **** them off AFTER you pass them so they dont try more stupid **** to make your day worse. 95% of the time that you flash someone they are just going to slow down or brake check you and not get over. My method both sends them the message of "GTFO of the fast lane" and "[freak] YOU!" all at the same time.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Hi!

I throw rocks at people that fly past me on the freeway.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:24 AM
Risky Business

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ministry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">aww [freak] me. really?</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.washingtonpost.com/....html

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flashing lights at slow left left lane drivers

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.