First confirmed case of Ebola in the US - Page 5 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First confirmed case of Ebola in the US

Old 10-03-2014, 11:47 AM
sifu pai mei

Default Re: First confirmed case of Ebola in the US

Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
So now there's a case in DC too?
yup. goodbye guys Ebola outbreak: Patient hospitalized in D.C. with possible Ebola symptoms - CBS News
Old 10-03-2014, 11:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU. USE HAND SANITIZER ON ALL THE THINGS
Old 10-03-2014, 12:05 PM
The Science Guy

Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
So now there's a case in DC too?
Possibly. But it appears to be another case of someone catching it over there in Africa and coming back as opposed to being transmitted by someone in the USA.

The latter would be scarier.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Case in Georgia too, but guy was NEGATIVE for Ebola.

I have a feeling we are going to be seeing a ton of "EBOLA CASE IN XXXXXXXX potentially............."
Old 10-03-2014, 12:58 PM
0x5359-0055

Originally Posted by bad-monkey View Post
take a trip out to california, and bring me a Gourdough's Funky Monkey but leave the Ebola at home bruh
lol, I'm heading to Luling for a wedding, some BBQ, a much needed night of getting completely intoxicated around a camp fire, and guns.... lots of guns. Just want to get far enough away from the epicenter.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:46 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by 213374U View Post
lol, I'm heading to Luling for a wedding, some BBQ, a much needed night of getting completely intoxicated around a camp fire, and guns.... lots of guns. Just want to get far enough away from the epicenter.
Intoxicated around a campfire with guns.

No, that's not a recipe for disaster, not at all.

Old 10-04-2014, 08:18 AM
No Big Whoop

Dear CDC:

Old 10-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

update: on the dc its not ebola.
Old 10-04-2014, 01:02 PM
No Big Whoop

I am going to put it out there. The director of the CDC will have to resign in the not too distant future. The reality is nowhere near close to what he has been saying in his public addresses:

National Nurse Survey Shows Hospitals Still Not Prepared for U.S. Ebola Patients | National Nurses United

In updated preliminary results from nearly 700 RNs at over 250 hospitals in 31 states released Friday:

80 percent say their hospital has not communicated to them any policy regarding potential admission of patients infected by Ebola
87 percent say their hospital has not provided education on Ebola with the ability for the nurses to interact and ask questions
One-third say their hospital has insufficient supplies of eye protection (face shields or side shields with goggles) and fluid resistant/impermeable gowns
Nearly 40 percent say their hospital does not have plans to equip isolation rooms with plastic covered mattresses and pillows and discard all linens after use, less than 10 percent said they were aware their hospital does have such a plan in place
More than 60 percent say their hospital fails to reduce the number of patients they must care for to accommodate caring for an “isolation” patient
Old 10-04-2014, 03:28 PM
H-T White Ops

They thought they had one out here in Hawaii. After talking with the CDC over the PHONE, they came to the conclusion that the guy didn't have ebola. Seriously?!?!?! They had to call somebody and go over a checklist of symptoms. Boggles my mind.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:34 PM
I tell doctors what to do

Originally Posted by Spaceballsthelunchbox View Post
I am going to put it out there. The director of the CDC will have to resign in the not too distant future. The reality is nowhere near close to what he has been saying in his public addresses:

National Nurse Survey Shows Hospitals Still Not Prepared for U.S. Ebola Patients | National Nurses United

In updated preliminary results from nearly 700 RNs at over 250 hospitals in 31 states released Friday:

80 percent say their hospital has not communicated to them any policy regarding potential admission of patients infected by Ebola
87 percent say their hospital has not provided education on Ebola with the ability for the nurses to interact and ask questions

One-third say their hospital has insufficient supplies of eye protection (face shields or side shields with goggles) and fluid resistant/impermeable gowns
Nearly 40 percent say their hospital does not have plans to equip isolation rooms with plastic covered mattresses and pillows and discard all linens after use, less than 10 percent said they were aware their hospital does have such a plan in place
More than 60 percent say their hospital fails to reduce the number of patients they must care for to accommodate caring for an “isolation” patient
The bolded is true for my hospital.

Everyone has safety glasses at all times though. Plastic gowns are everywhere because we always use them for contact isolation. And plastic covered stuff is available because we use it with patients undergoing radiation therapy.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:38 AM
0x5359-0055

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
Intoxicated around a campfire with guns.

No, that's not a recipe for disaster, not at all.

So fire
Much wasted
Old 10-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Head Of Bespoke

Spanish Nurse now has it...looks like they are finally asking the question I want answered also:

"Once again questions emerge just how the virus is transmitted, because if the nurse, who obviously took every possible precation against the world's most dangerous virus that is supposedly non-airborne, contracted it, then it clearly leads to speculation that Ebola may be transmitted by means other than what the population is being told."
Old 10-06-2014, 02:30 PM
Streets closed Pizzagate boy

That's fucked
Old 10-06-2014, 10:47 PM
Genetically Gay

Old 10-07-2014, 06:22 AM
Pork is NOT a verb!

Originally Posted by Rguy View Post
Spanish Nurse now has it...looks like they are finally asking the question I want answered also:

"Once again questions emerge just how the virus is transmitted, because if the nurse, who obviously took every possible precation against the world's most dangerous virus that is supposedly non-airborne, contracted it, then it clearly leads to speculation that Ebola may be transmitted by means other than what the population is being told."
Hmm, a quote without a link. Can I guess where this came from?

Anyways, apparently personnel from this hospital in Spain have complained that the protective clothing that was being used was not up to proper safety standards for treating Ebola patients. On top of that, there seems to be generally poor management of the situation and possibly inadequate facilities.

These are in Spanish, but with Google translate you can get the gist of it. -
El ébola en España: Personal del Carlos III denuncia que los trajes no cumplían la normativa | España | EL PAÍS
CARTA DE UN ENFERMERO| SELECCIÓN NOTICIAS AME
Old 10-07-2014, 06:26 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by solbrothers View Post
Holy **** that's funny. Not funny for those suffering through it, but funny because it's true. Don't want to catch some random exotic disease that will kill you? Then stay out of Africa.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:06 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Originally Posted by Rguy View Post

dude starts vomiting blood. aerosolizes the virus and/or transmits it to the exterior of her suit.

she leaves and doesnt disinfect herself properly and touches the contaminated portion of the suit during disrobing thinking its clear.

now its on her hand and she wipes her eye.

just a possible way it could be transferred with people thinking its airborne.

There's cases in africa where the people have been dead for a day or few and mourners touch their body during the funeral and get infected. makes it sound like the virus doesnt give a **** if its at body temperature in viable blood/fluid or whatever room temperature is, sound like as long as its in a liquid environment dead/alive its a happy camper.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:49 AM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

Welp. Dude in Dallas is dead.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:56 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Yep, first Black American killed by the evil racist Ebola virus.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:59 AM
El Chico

Yep. He had a much better chance here than in Liberia though, f you very much Mr. Jackson.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:18 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

That means the "cure" doesn't work though.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:21 AM
The Science Guy

is there actually a cure? i think they just suppress the symptoms
Old 10-08-2014, 09:23 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I'm not 100% sure on that. I was told it was a "cure".
Old 10-08-2014, 10:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Its not a cure. Ebola is a virus. Viruses have to run their course, problem is Ebola kills you on the process.

From what I understand what they do is basically try to fight the viruses symptoms and do blood transfusions to get it out of you. Eventually if you're lucky you live through it. Kind of like pneumonia.

Last edited by MarcusFenix; 10-08-2014 at 11:47 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: First confirmed case of Ebola in the US

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.