Is this enough? 2020 Tacoma - Page 7 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is this enough? 2020 Tacoma

Old 02-11-2019, 02:09 PM
footwork mastery

Default Re: Is this enough? 2020 Tacoma

Yea I am shocked, makes all these test results useless to me. Turns out I don't drive on my phone like a woman so I can brake the vehicle myself.

Also found it weird low pedestrian impact safety lowers vehicles safety. Does that mean a semi truck is less safe to drive because it's turns an adult into hamburger? I don't think so
Old 02-11-2019, 03:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by tony_2018 View Post
Whats the cabin space dif tacoma vs tundra, both 2019?
Pretty big difference. I wanted a Tacoma but I thought the Tacoma was pretty cramped inside which steered me to the Tundra. Also, the 5.7 V8 offers a more satisfying drive. It does suck to park sometimes but its not a big issue for me.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:18 PM
Cole Trickle

Originally Posted by .Grimace View Post
Yea I am shocked, makes all these test results useless to me. Turns out I don't drive on my phone like a woman so I can brake the vehicle myself.

Also found it weird low pedestrian impact safety lowers vehicles safety. Does that mean a semi truck is less safe to drive because it's turns an adult into hamburger? I don't think so
If low crash ratings keep an idiot from buying a car that puts others at risk that's a good thing

^^^ Did you read the next sentences. Literally the next ones.

"The results for protection of a 10-year-old dummy in a car seat were mixed, and there were issues with the ease of installation of various child seats in different seating positions. Pedestrian-impact scores also dragged down the Jeep's overall rating, as did the lack of lane-keeping assist and automated emergency braking. (Note that the latter will be available in Europe-market Wranglers starting in early 2019 and is available now in North American–market cars.)"

Issues with ease of installation wtf we don't need them commenting on how long it took to install a car seat lol. Also I guess if you're nice you'd worry about pedestrian impact scored but I don't give a **** about those. Read after the bold as well that "these will be available in later years and all US vehicles" LOL

The bit I quoted is related to the part that you care about.
Old 02-11-2019, 05:39 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post

Pretty big difference. I wanted a Tacoma but I thought the Tacoma was pretty cramped inside which steered me to the Tundra. Also, the 5.7 V8 offers a more satisfying drive. It does suck to park sometimes but its not a big issue for me.
Dat TOW HAUL NOS button ftw.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mike P. View Post

double park like manny eh?
Old 02-12-2019, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

No one is buying a semi for the pedestrian safety ratings. But it makes sense to me they are trying to improve safety for all aspects in the engineering of a regular vehicle.

Also if the lane assist thing and auto braking features reduce the number of idiots rear ending me I'll take it. We're headed to autonomous vehicles anyway.

Last edited by LightningTeg; 02-12-2019 at 05:25 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:07 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

give me autonomous cars and more racetracks and I'll be happy. I don't care about driving 99% of the time I spend in a vehicle
Old 02-12-2019, 11:27 AM
"Haters Gonna Hate"

I know TACO’s are primarily used as an appliance but do you taco owners ever get bored of your cars?

Genuinely curious because I have considered a truck a few times.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:35 AM
footwork mastery

Originally Posted by 90hatch94dsm View Post
give me autonomous cars and more racetracks and I'll be happy. I don't care about driving 99% of the time I spend in a vehicle
this has been my saying for years. Commuting on the roads sucks most people are so clueless and dumb while driving.

I want to walk/ ride a bicycle everywhere and only drive for fun/ racing.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:36 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

thats the life
Old 02-12-2019, 11:38 AM
footwork mastery

Planet earth would love it too. Give us all electric self driving cars that use solar or wind power and the few people who care to own regular cars would be so small. You’re welcome planet earth.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:46 AM
Cole Trickle

I'm sayin.

Driving is wack 99% of the time.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:54 AM
Imgur Lives Matter

I want to try and ride my bike to work more often this summer now that I'm back in the town

I feel like an idiot driving 3 minutes to work
Old 02-12-2019, 11:55 AM
footwork mastery

You don’t ride a bike that far wtf bra!

In summer I loved riding to my office and that was 15 miles each way. Now I have no where to ride to and just walk the dog
Old 02-12-2019, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by FrostyDC4 View Post
I know TACO’s are primarily used as an appliance but do you taco owners ever get bored of your cars?

Genuinely curious because I have considered a truck a few times.
Adventure awaits.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:08 PM
Imgur Lives Matter

You don’t ride a bike that far wtf bra!

In summer I loved riding to my office and that was 15 miles each way. Now I have no where to ride to and just walk the dog
not trying to navigate traffic in January with bby in a wire basket
Old 02-12-2019, 12:19 PM
footwork mastery

Well not January but summer time we were talking about
Old 02-13-2019, 03:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Lots of OT talk in here. Typical back and forth I'm right you're wrong.
Tacos are awesome. Best midsize truck hands down. Decent tow rating with ultra reliability. Keep it up Toyota. Making great cars well.....forever.
Jeep=Never
MPG= who cares, it's a truck
Size difference between a tundra and Tacoma=massive.
I park in the furthest spot away from anyone in my tundra. I get about 12mpg. My tundra sits in bubble wrap. I won't drive it in the rain just so I can keep it clean. I have my dedicated IDGAF vehicle that is awesome. It gets **** mileage too.
I rarely DD anything other than my work truck. I bought both my vehicles for a purpose and both fit that purpose excellently. I won't be getting a different vehicle for a long time barring a accident or something.
If I was in the market for a midsized truck there is only one choice, Tacoma. It does everything well. I don't care about creature comforts. I don't care about car play. That garbage is for tech dorks. A truck is for utilitarian purposes. Even though you may rarely use it as such.
The most important thing for me is getting from A to B. Reliability is part of that equation. Toyota wins hands down.
Old 02-13-2019, 04:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You forgot one key point, they’re highly resistant to depreciation. That’s still my favorite part about having one outside of the whole reliability thing.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:48 AM
Cole Trickle

Originally Posted by 1 2 NV View Post
Lots of OT talk in here. Typical back and forth I'm right you're wrong.
Tacos are awesome. Best midsize truck hands down. Decent tow rating with ultra reliability. Keep it up Toyota. Making great cars well.....forever.
Jeep=Never
MPG= who cares, it's a truck
Size difference between a tundra and Tacoma=massive.
I park in the furthest spot away from anyone in my tundra. I get about 12mpg. My tundra sits in bubble wrap. I won't drive it in the rain just so I can keep it clean. I have my dedicated IDGAF vehicle that is awesome. It gets **** mileage too.
I rarely DD anything other than my work truck. I bought both my vehicles for a purpose and both fit that purpose excellently. I won't be getting a different vehicle for a long time barring a accident or something.
If I was in the market for a midsized truck there is only one choice, Tacoma. It does everything well. I don't care about creature comforts. I don't care about car play. That garbage is for tech dorks. A truck is for utilitarian purposes. Even though you may rarely use it as such.
The most important thing for me is getting from A to B. Reliability is part of that equation. Toyota wins hands down.
The one true purist has spoken.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Agreed, that's lower on my list though. Sold my 06 tundra I had since new Sept 05 last year for 14k. Had 93k or so on it. It wasn't perfect but mechanically sound.
First guy to come see it bought it full price, no negotiating. I knew at that point I should have sold it for more. I thought I priced it fair value due to its flaws. I had inquiries from afar and all seemed interested. I called one potential buyer to tell him I sold it and he said he knew he should have skipped work the day after I talked to him to come look at it. He seemed pretty disappointed.
Old 02-13-2019, 07:56 AM
footwork mastery

You don’t drive your truck in the rain? Wow
Old 02-13-2019, 08:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It's winter. I hate cleaning it in the cold. That's what I have my other vehicle for.
Are you going to drive your Porsche in the winter when you get it? Didn't think so. Even that grass grazer has his s2000 parked for the winter. We have 3 vehicles for the 2 of us. 4wd on all 3.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.