Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

???? ebay paint job question ????

Old 03-01-2005, 02:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ???? ebay paint job question ????

i always seen auctions on ebay for like bumpers and fenders etc brand new and the seller paints it for you after you win the auction. just curious if anyone has done this and how the paint is. im pretty skeptical....

heres an example:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...42611
Old 03-01-2005, 03:03 PM

Default Re: ???? ebay paint job question ???? (kid cisco)

I dont so much doubt the quality of the paint as I would doubt the paint matching the rest of the car.
Old 03-01-2005, 03:04 PM

Default Re: ???? ebay paint job question ???? (Fugeeu)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Fugeeu &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont so much doubt the quality of the paint as I would doubt the paint matching the rest of the car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah thats really what i was thinking
Old 03-01-2005, 03:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got an itr replica spoiler on ebay painted, almost 2 years and still looks just like an oem fresh paint. Thats just my experience though.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:19 PM

Default Re: (virusiidx)

how well did the paint match up to your stock paint?
Old 03-01-2005, 04:24 PM

Default Re: (kid cisco)

Im pretty sure they dont put flex additive in the paint, so if you bump into anything expect it to crack off. They are also probably using cheap *** paint, doing a half *** job sanding it and it wont match worth a ****. You get what you pay for.
Old 03-01-2005, 04:55 PM

Default Re: (swanny)

yeah thats what i thought
Old 03-01-2005, 05:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

my paint matched perfectly, even though it may be a cheap job, it looks pretty good and i don't think a spoiler would be hitting anything that easily.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swanny &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im pretty sure they dont put flex additive in the paint, so if you bump into anything expect it to crack off. They are also probably using cheap *** paint, doing a half *** job sanding it and it wont match worth a ****. You get what you pay for. </TD></TR></TABLE>

what do you mean by cheap paint..

theres really only two names when it comes to automotive paint: PPG and DuPont.. neither of which is "cheap"
Old 03-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by swanny &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Im pretty sure they dont put flex additive in the paint, so if you bump into anything expect it to crack off. They are also probably using cheap *** paint, doing a half *** job sanding it and it wont match worth a ****. You get what you pay for. </TD></TR></TABLE>

wtf are you talking about? a flex agent added to paint for a metal part. why?? the paint can flex way more than the metal can.

they claim to use sikkens. not sure if it's a lie but it's one of the best paints out there.
Old 03-01-2005, 05:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Babaganoosh)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Babaganoosh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

what do you mean by cheap paint..

theres really only two names when it comes to automotive paint: PPG and DuPont.. neither of which is "cheap"</TD></TR></TABLE>

i actually like the sikkens, which they claim to use.

matrix paint on the other hand is an el cheapo paint but i have even used that with good results.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.