Does rico's sense of entitlement and undeserved feeling of supperiority outweigh all? - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

Does rico's sense of entitlement and undeserved feeling of supperiority outweigh all?

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

Does rico's sense of entitlement and undeserved feeling of supperiority outweigh all?

Old 12-27-2013, 08:56 AM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

Default Does rico's sense of entitlement and undeserved feeling of supperiority outweigh all?

In another one if those conversations with my buddies over dinner we came up with this question. Does this country coddle the poor too much to the detriment of ALL? Let us discuss this and see what becomes of it.
Old 12-27-2013, 08:57 AM
be water, my friend

Default re: Does rico's sense of entitlement and undeserved feeling of supperiority outweigh all?

Define poor
Old 12-27-2013, 08:58 AM
My Name is Nobody

Default re: Does rico's sense of entitlement and undeserved feeling of supperiority outweigh all?

Originally Posted by metaphor51 View Post
Define poor
some truth to this post...

I blame morality, specially that of the democratic party who's need to self aggrandize seems to outweigh long term effects in favor of short term satisfaction.

give a man a fish and he eats for a day... teach a man how to fish and he eats for life.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:01 AM
Master Ninja

Originally Posted by solbrothers View Post
I think most people want to be poor because life is easier that way.

I didn't want to be poor so I got a ******* job and work my *** off.
Doing it wrong you are. Live off the government you must.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:04 AM
be water, my friend

I think (no actual experience being poor) it's hard to get out of poverty.

I think we coddle the poor because it's easier than teaching them/helping them get out of poverty.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:09 AM
be water, my friend

You can't teach or help someone have a work ethic. If your entire family is living off the government, there's little you can do to acquire a work ethic.
I agree 100%.

So what do you do to help the kid that's 3 generations deep into government assistance?

What do we do to help the whole generation/demograph that live that exact situation?

I don't think 'coddle' is the right word.

We need an overhaul of something for sure
Old 12-27-2013, 09:09 AM
INSERT TITLE HERE

Don't we have this discussion about three times a week on this forum?
Old 12-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This country does not know how poor, poor actually can be.

It will though.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:13 AM
INSERT TITLE HERE

No I'm thinking of all the welfare, Obamacare and unemployment insurance threads.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:14 AM
be water, my friend

You're thinking of all the other black people threads. I don't blame you for it. They all look the same (totally referring to the threads, not black people)
Old 12-27-2013, 09:14 AM
KILLAB17VTEC

Bunch of sheltered peeps itt
None of you know first hand how hard it is to get out of poverty

How do you finish school when you live far away
When you have no ride
no time to do the HW because your crackhead parents are away aand you have to pick up your siblings from school then make dinner, wash clothes, help them with their HW

I bet none of you have ever used the bus
A 10 minute car ride turns into a two hour long trip

How do you get anything done without support from anybody or stability at home

imjustsayin
Old 12-27-2013, 09:17 AM
Arriving somewhere but not here

"coddle the useless" you mean.

Beyond that I spend my time having the life they don't deserve.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:21 AM
be water, my friend

There are fat, lazy, leeches for sure. No doubt about it. (Group 1)

But there are also good people in shitty situations. (Group 2)

The real issue is how to separate the two and treat them accordingly.

I'm all for helping group 1 if it means helping group 2

Some of you are suggestion **** group 2 just to be sure we don't coddle group 1.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:29 AM
Sushi Buffet Champion

The actual "poor" usually doesn't qualify for government assistance. It's the lazy abusers that do.

Examples:

College student A: Lives with parents, doesn't work, receives grants, EOPS, financial aid.

College student B: Lives on their own, working one or more jobs. "Makes too much" to qualify for anything.

Working class: Making ~$25k a year. "Makes too much" to qualify for anything. Brings home $1,500 after taxes.

Non-working, on government aid: Receives $1300 in welfare, food stamps, cash assistance, section 8, etc.

Working class: Worked all their lives and received $300 in SS, nothing else.

Immigrant: Housing, medicare, food stamps, housing, etc.

It's a failed system that helps the wrong people. God bless the USA.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:30 AM
Reigning GDD Queen

Originally Posted by metaphor51 View Post
Define poor
Still no answer to this?
Old 12-27-2013, 09:31 AM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

I think most people want to be poor because life is easier that way.

I didn't want to be poor so I got a ******* job and work my *** off.
Thats what I mean. There is little incentive by way of NECESSITY. You can survive just fine in poverty.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:32 AM
Oracle of GDD

If you want to see 'coddling', go to basically any other first-world country. You'll be outraged at all the coddling and you'll have a new appreciation for how little 'coddling' the US does.

Not only do we not coddle the poor now, but every day we strip away more and more of the assistance we do give.

If you hate 'coddling poor people', I don't see how you can be anything but happy about the direction the US is heading.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:34 AM
Painting Masterpieces

Originally Posted by acmoc View Post
None of you know first hand how hard it is to get out of poverty.
Bullshit. The list of successful people that have come from abject poverty is so long and distinguished that it boggles the mind. Even I came out of Section 8 housing, WIC, and a one parent home. With the amount of opportunity available, it's never been easier. In fact, the other day I talked with a guy that taught himself to read at the age of 27. He's in his 80s and has read over 3,000 autobiographies.

To be frank, we don't so much coddle as we don't incentivize people to get out of "poverty." After spending some time in Nepal and China, our "poverty" isn't exactly the same definition.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:34 AM
be water, my friend

Originally Posted by Kiwibird83 View Post
Still no answer to this?
These threads don't answer questions like that

It'll be Ross vs. Figi and Rico with Sol bringing the lulz in no time...
Old 12-27-2013, 09:35 AM
be water, my friend

Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
To be frank, we don't so much coddle as we don't incentivize people to get out of "poverty."
I agree with this
Old 12-27-2013, 09:39 AM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by Ponyboy View Post
With the amount of opportunity available, it's never been easier.
Don't agree with this, and there is a lot of data out there to show that American economic mobility (i.e. the ease of transitioning out of poverty) is the worst it's been in decades (i.e. most of our lifetimes)

Originally Posted by Ponyboy
To be frank, we don't so much coddle as we don't incentivize people to get out of "poverty."
Agreed 100% w/this.

Although we might disagree very much on what 'incentivizing people to get out of poverty' means.
Reigning GDD Queen

U.S gives out massive amounts of small business crippling patents, tax breaks, and unending legal protection to corporations who systemically gut the countries productivity and destroy its free market viability on the world stage whilst simultaneously spending billions in taxpayer dollars to bail out millionaires who drove the economy into the ground, but instead people are overly concerned that someone gets food stamps and buys a pizza with it instead of bags of rice.

Priorities, we got em.

The U.S is well known for absurd levels of coddling, however people seem unaware whom they are coddling to an exorbitant degree.
Arriving somewhere but not here

Originally Posted by acmoc View Post
None of you know first hand how hard it is to get out of poverty

How do you finish school when you live far away
When you have no ride
no time to do the HW because your crackhead parents are away aand you have to pick up your siblings from school then make dinner, wash clothes, help them with their HW

I bet none of you have ever used the bus
A 10 minute car ride turns into a two hour long trip

How do you get anything done without support from anybody or stability at home

imjustsayin

Try me, I've busted some major *** in shitty situations and watched my cousins just pop out kids under the same pressure then collect a bigger check each week. What you're saying is basically "you wouldn't understand cuz well off" when that's incorrect.

In fact some of my relatives have been in good positions to make a life for themselves and put themselves INTO poverty and welfare living from a decent family because they are lazy cop outs who didn't like the idea of being not being handed things unconditionally. They basically want the benefits of those around them while acting like toolbags, get cut off so then go to the tit of the government.

Also GapxGuy is onto something, I never qualified for assistance. Had to work these bum *** jobs making ends meet for a while. I actually qualify now despite being in a much better position. It's pretty retarded.
Old 12-27-2013, 09:40 AM
no one wants to hear the truth

Better question would be:

Does this country coddle wall street,the banks,the corporations and the military industrial complex too much?

Why is it when economic times harden,the immediate response of america in general,is to blame the poor,the colored people,the gays and any other minority?

Seems like everyone has the eyes closed to what's really happening in this country
Old 12-27-2013, 09:40 AM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by cetcivic View Post
Better question would be:

Does this country coddle wall street,the banks,the corporations and the military industrial complex too much?

Why is it when economic times harden,the immediate response of america in general,is to blame the poor,the colored people,the gays and any other minority?

Seems like everyone has the eyes closed to what's really happening in this country
:headshot:

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Does rico's sense of entitlement and undeserved feeling of supperiority outweigh all?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.