Do you think Bigfoot exists? - Page 9 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Old 08-24-2018, 07:40 AM
  #201  
Paragraph Alert
 
ActiveAero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Oil rig, middle of the ocean
Posts: 5,069
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
So I went back today and brought a friend. I thought he was going to laugh but he didn't. He got into it and found some more structures I had missed.

We also looked at the branches closely, no sign of having been cut or chopped. They were either rounded off from lying in the forest for a while or splintered/broken at the ends.

And? I'm not following you. Is there supposed to be something significant with these stick teepees? Are you mystified by the ability to stack sticks without tools?
ActiveAero is offline  
Old 08-24-2018, 07:41 AM
  #202  
Head Of Bespoke
 
Rguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,258
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Do you guys parkour into and out of the woods while doing BF searches? Please say yes.
Rguy is online now  
Old 08-24-2018, 07:49 AM
  #203  
I like to party
iTrader: (1)
 
2LEM1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Yay Area, CA
Posts: 4,361
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

2LEM1 is online now  
Old 08-24-2018, 07:56 AM
  #204  
Honda-Tech Member
 
tony_2018's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Austin, Tx
Posts: 11,457
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Originally Posted by ActiveAero View Post
And? I'm not following you. Is there supposed to be something significant with these stick teepees? Are you mystified by the ability to stack sticks without tools?
ROFLMAO
tony_2018 is offline  
Old 08-24-2018, 08:00 AM
  #205  
Oracle of GDD
 
Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: a lake in VA
Posts: 11,896
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Originally Posted by ActiveAero View Post
And? I'm not following you.
Good, stop talking then.

Originally Posted by Rguy View Post
Do you guys parkour into and out of the woods while doing BF searches? Please say yes.
Nah but we did play 3 hours of tennis first. I'm too old to bounce & roll around like that now.
Ross is online now  
Old 08-24-2018, 08:41 AM
  #206  
Honda-Tech Member
 
1 2 NV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: retired 2/13/10
Posts: 7,150
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

I get the idea of animals eating up a carcass of whatever flavor you like. There are always remains. Especially bones. They might get scattered but rarely do animals have time to naw on a bone llon enough to make it worth the effort.

To old to jump and roll? I hope you're kidding. You're not even 40 yet. I don't parkour because it's gayer than a bag of dicks but I still do kid stuff like somersaults regularly.

I doubt I'll hear any bigfeet this next weekend. It's deer season. After the 9th it's elk season. I'll be in better Bigfoot territory.
1 2 NV is offline  
Old 08-24-2018, 08:48 AM
  #207  
Oracle of GDD
 
Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: a lake in VA
Posts: 11,896
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Originally Posted by 1 2 NV View Post
I get the idea of animals eating up a carcass of whatever flavor you like. There are always remains. Especially bones. They might get scattered but rarely do animals have time to naw on a bone llon enough to make it worth the effort.

To old to jump and roll? I hope you're kidding. You're not even 40 yet. I don't parkour because it's gayer than a bag of dicks but I still do kid stuff like somersaults regularly.

I doubt I'll hear any bigfeet this next weekend. It's deer season. After the 9th it's elk season. I'll be in better Bigfoot territory.
I can't wait!

As far as age and stuff, I definitely don't do certain things as well as even 5 years ago. Rolling around lightly is one thing but jumping off a roof and rolling to dissipate the impact is quite another...taking impacts is really where I can feel the difference.
Ross is online now  
Old 08-24-2018, 09:01 AM
  #208  
Honda-Tech Member
 
1 2 NV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: retired 2/13/10
Posts: 7,150
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Gotcha
1 2 NV is offline  
Old 08-24-2018, 09:26 AM
  #209  
Paragraph Alert
 
ActiveAero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Oil rig, middle of the ocean
Posts: 5,069
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Good, stop talking then.
Or you could just explain yourself.
ActiveAero is offline  
Old 08-24-2018, 10:00 AM
  #210  
It Wasn't Me!
 
someone else's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: On the Wagon...In the gym. WA
Posts: 2,238
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Right. And that was exactly Todd's logic in rebutting the "why haven't we seen a body" argument.
You also have no idea how much is buried just beneath the surface in the forest until you look. I was in search and rescue for 14 years when I was younger and one of the things we were often tasked with aside from searching for lost people were evidence searches.

I don't know if you remember the Green River Killer here in Washington but that was still fairly active when I was involved in SAR. We would be given an area in the woods roughly 300X300 feet and go through it almost literally with a comb. Depending on how old they thought the search area was we sometimes were asked to turn over the soil 4-6 inches deep. You would turn up bones from all sizes of animals during these searches.

I've spent a lot of time in the deep woods backpacking over the years in the PNW and have seen cougars, bears, and all other manner of animals on my trips that most people have only seen at a zoo. I don't believe it's impossible for them to exist but I find it highly unlikely that there would not have been something turn up by now that was conclusive.



someone else is offline  
Old 08-24-2018, 10:19 AM
  #211  
Oracle of GDD
 
Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: a lake in VA
Posts: 11,896
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Originally Posted by ActiveAero View Post
Or you could just explain yourself.
Why would I waste my time explaining myself to someone who doesn't care and just wants to antagonize?

Originally Posted by someone else View Post
You also have no idea how much is buried just beneath the surface in the forest until you look. I was in search and rescue for 14 years when I was younger and one of the things we were often tasked with aside from searching for lost people were evidence searches.

I don't know if you remember the Green River Killer here in Washington but that was still fairly active when I was involved in SAR. We would be given an area in the woods roughly 300X300 feet and go through it almost literally with a comb. Depending on how old they thought the search area was we sometimes were asked to turn over the soil 4-6 inches deep. You would turn up bones from all sizes of animals during these searches.

I've spent a lot of time in the deep woods backpacking over the years in the PNW and have seen cougars, bears, and all other manner of animals on my trips that most people have only seen at a zoo. I don't believe it's impossible for them to exist but I find it highly unlikely that there would not have been something turn up by now that was conclusive.
I'm totally aware of all this. But it's hard to compare SAR expeditions with Bigfoot hunting.

I'm sure if a state/Fed gov dedicated their resources to finding one, they could (if they exist). But the will/need does not exist for that. So we just have a bunch of hillbillies with cameras and loudspeakers, who aren't going to find **** even if there is **** to find.
Ross is online now  
Old 08-24-2018, 10:26 AM
  #212  
Honda-Tech Member
 
Northernlightz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 206
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Northernlightz is offline  
Old 08-24-2018, 07:56 PM
  #213  
Paragraph Alert
 
ActiveAero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Oil rig, middle of the ocean
Posts: 5,069
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Why would I waste my time explaining myself to someone who doesn't care and just wants to antagonize?
Literally sitting at my desk.




ActiveAero is offline  
Old 08-25-2018, 09:13 PM
  #214  
Honda-Tech Member
 
1 2 NV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: retired 2/13/10
Posts: 7,150
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

No Bigfoot on my camera. Sometime this week a damn small branch decided to take residence in front of my camera. All I got were a branch, cows and a person on a horse. I think I'll place it somewhere else tomorrow. Maybe I'll throw out my second cam too.
1 2 NV is offline  
Old 08-25-2018, 11:21 PM
  #215  
Honda-Tech Gold Member
 
ScareyH22A's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Orange County, Ca, USA
Posts: 5,483
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

I don't really believe in BF but would love to spend a few nights looking for them. Silly I guess but it's the inner child in me. Ever watch that Rob Lowe series The Lowe Files?
ScareyH22A is online now  
Old 12-07-2018, 12:27 AM
  #216  
Oracle of GDD
 
Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: a lake in VA
Posts: 11,896
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post
A gigantic undiscovered ******* species of bipedal ape, not in a south american rainforest, not in northern russia, not in the congo, but the united states, in the little subdivisions of undeveloped woods we think are huge forrests. What in the ****.
If you read a bit, you'll see that only certain places have these sightings. There are actually stories from the South American rainforest, mostly consistent with ours (huge, more human-like than ape-like, covered in red or dark brown/black hair, nauseating rotten smell). Obviously there is the Yeti in the Himalaya region, and the Yeren in the Chinese mountains. The places where reports are clustered are all located near rough terrain, usually mountains but also rainforest-type (FL has a ton of sightings). Sure, more people = more reports but for example the PacNW has way more reports than CA, I think even WA by itself has more than CA. There are sightings from Europe and Russia too, and weirdly Australia.

Here's the North American map with a feature to compare sighting frequency with population density.



Originally Posted by ActiveAero View Post
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. When you see something you don't understand and your reaction is to jump to one of the most unlikely and fantastical probabilities I see that as a problem.

Like I've said before I actually think Bigfoot is one of the more probable monster tales out there. It's fun to entertain the idea and I would love for it to be true. At the same time I don't make massive leaps of logic to find "evidence" of them.

Take for example the sound recordings. You would be 100% justified in claiming those sounds came from ANY mythical creature. Why not ponder if what you are hearing is the sound of a mutated mega dog? Hear something weird and the leap of logic is "Wonder if that is a Bigfoot scream...."? Like what lol?
People aren't seeing or photographing mutated mega dogs though, or finding giant dog prints. And BF sightings also come from countries like Holland where there aren't any bears.

Originally Posted by ActiveAero View Post
Post some of these videos please.
My favorite sound clip:


Three more that sound pretty consistent:


The sound at 3:13 in this video is exactly what I heard:


FF to 3:27


A new video that breaks down some of the best footage yet:


The famous "Independence Day Bigfoot":


Originally Posted by someone else View Post
Because a deer carcass in the woods is very quickly taken apart by wolves, coyotes, and smaller scavengers. That's basic woods knowledge dude.
The part about the bodies is almost self-evident to me, if such a thing does exist, they obviously would have the capability of burying their dead. At their reported size, carrying a body and moving some earth wouldn't be hard.

Originally Posted by Tim2179 View Post
Only thing I heard was some dude grunting twice. What is the time stamp of the WHATS YOUR NAME...because **** turning the volume up louder and then hearing the dude grunt loud as ****
"What's your name" happens at roughly 8-10 seconds in. He yells out at like 30s, then it yells back "WHAT'S YOUR NAME" and then he woofs again and it screams something unintelligible back.
Ross is online now  
Old 12-07-2018, 12:56 AM
  #217  
Honda-Tech Member
 
1 2 NV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: retired 2/13/10
Posts: 7,150
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

To follow up here since you bumped the thread Ross. I didn't hear anything this year. Mainly because I wasn't further into the mountains. Last year I hear at least 2 noises that were unexplainable. I literally said "that was bigfoot" to my FIL joking around last season.
I'm not convinced of a bigfoot but think there is a slim possibility they do exist.
I can't remember if I mentioned it. I graduated with a guy who's grandfather claims to have had a "friendship" with bigfoot in a certain area near where I grew up. I literally read the story of the encounters a couple months back.
Reading the story it sounded like utter BS to me. I'll see if I can get that story dug up for you.
1 2 NV is offline  
Old 12-07-2018, 07:04 AM
  #218  
BCICAN
 
Dunc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 3,204
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

More trolling from Ross I see to start out my day on 12/7/18.
Dunc is online now  
Old 12-07-2018, 07:06 AM
  #219  
Honda-Tech Member
 
Mattb16teg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Maryland
Posts: 5,795
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

LoL, that Independence day video is so awful, even walks like a person in a suit.
Mattb16teg is online now  
Old 12-07-2018, 09:19 AM
  #220  
Honda-Tech Member
 
1 2 NV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: retired 2/13/10
Posts: 7,150
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

My dad sent me the story of bigfoot and sandwiches. It's a doc file so I can't copy and paste it.
1 2 NV is offline  
Old 12-07-2018, 10:27 AM
  #221  
Honda-Tech Member
 
ford9n's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: Colorado
Posts: 13
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
The famous "Independence Day Bigfoot":
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8zv4WCCtrY
totally legit

ford9n is offline  
Old 12-07-2018, 11:14 AM
  #222  
Honda-Tech Member
 
ky13's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Harpers Ferry, WV
Posts: 6
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

I know this is a troll thread, but the 'lack of remains' counter is silly. If bigfoot existed, remains would have been found by now.
ky13 is offline  
Old 12-07-2018, 12:12 PM
  #223  
I said I don't want a title!
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: OH
Posts: 11,487
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

I'm not saying I believe/don't believe, but here's a little story to backup the whole "gamecam" thing:

I found a fresh dead deer on my property (small buck) with no signs of disease or being hit by a car. I figured bullet. I wanted to see if I could catch any poachers, so I setup a very high quality gamecam near the dead deer, very well hidden.

What I caught on it was a bunch of Coyotes that were always looking directly at the hidden gamecam itself. In fact, it bothered them enough to where they drug the deer about 50 feet beyond where my gamecam could see.

Saw plenty of deer (as I ways do), but they never seem to sense the gamecam. It makes sense that something about it the Coyote's were able to detect, hence is why I rarely see them close up. If Coyote's can sense a gamecam, it makes sense to me that if a bigfoot existed, they'd be able to do the same--probably much better.
Todd00 is offline  
Old 12-07-2018, 01:13 PM
  #224  
Oracle of GDD
 
Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: a lake in VA
Posts: 11,896
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Originally Posted by Mattb16teg View Post
LoL, that Independence day video is so awful, even walks like a person in a suit.
It actually doesn't at all. It walks just like the creature in the Patterson-Gimlin film, that famous BF footage from the 1960s.

The two things it's hard to fake are the leg bends and arm bends. A person in a suit can't change where/how their arms and legs bend.

When it's a person in a suit, it's pretty obvious and is debunked immediately.

Also, why hasn't suit tech progressed meaningfully in the past 50 years? It has, but the credible sightings still look like that old film.

Originally Posted by Todd00 View Post
I'm not saying I believe/don't believe, but here's a little story to backup the whole "gamecam" thing:

I found a fresh dead deer on my property (small buck) with no signs of disease or being hit by a car. I figured bullet. I wanted to see if I could catch any poachers, so I setup a very high quality gamecam near the dead deer, very well hidden.

What I caught on it was a bunch of Coyotes that were always looking directly at the hidden gamecam itself. In fact, it bothered them enough to where they drug the deer about 50 feet beyond where my gamecam could see.

Saw plenty of deer (as I ways do), but they never seem to sense the gamecam. It makes sense that something about it the Coyote's were able to detect, hence is why I rarely see them close up. If Coyote's can sense a gamecam, it makes sense to me that if a bigfoot existed, they'd be able to do the same--probably much better.
Yup.
Ross is online now  
Old 12-07-2018, 01:21 PM
  #225  
I said I don't want a title!
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: OH
Posts: 11,487
Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

And FWIW, the coyote's had the deer down to absolutely nothing but bones in less than 2 days.
Todd00 is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.