Do you think Bigfoot exists? - Page 3 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Old 02-27-2008, 01:59 PM
New User

Default Re: (accordselux)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by accordselux &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And the 'no skeleton' theory- ask hunters that have spent a lot of time in the forest how often they come across carcasses, and how long carcasses t ypically last </TD></TR></TABLE>

This is what I was thinking. Out of all the creatures that you know exist in the woods and forests, how many times walking a trail did you see a dead one?
Old 02-27-2008, 04:18 PM
Paragraph Alert

Default Re: (lildrgn2.0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lildrgn2.0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

This is what I was thinking. Out of all the creatures that you know exist in the woods and forests, how many times walking a trail did you see a dead one? </TD></TR></TABLE>

I will say this though, not that it applies to Bigfoot, but with some "creatures" it's very possible that people see them all the time and don't know what they are seeing is something that isn't supposed to exist.

For instance the Coelacanth is a prehistoric fish that died out millions of years ago....or at least that's what scientist's told us until one actually turned up in modern times. They then found out the people of the Comoros islands had been catching them for eternity. Of course to the people there the fish wasn't something unusual so it was never reported.

Pic of Coelacanth:

Now if something like that can live out in the open all of this time and actually be KNOWN to the local people and yet still slip by the scientific world for so long it makes you wonder what could exist in the deepest regions of the world's jungles.

For instance the Likouala Swamp in Africa is still considered about 80% unexplored. Once you realize that unexplored area is roughly the size of the ENTIRE state of Florida it's pretty neat to think what kind of undiscovered species could be in it.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ActiveAero)

Patterson Video anyone?

After being put under microscope, frame by frame, it was deemed to be legitimate.

I BELIEVE!

P.S The Coelacanth was realized to still be living in 1938. Not exactly recent, but a good point nonetheless.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:28 PM
Me Gusta History

Default Re: (Topher.)

Old 02-27-2008, 08:36 PM
Paragraph Alert

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Topher. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

P.S The Coelacanth was realized to still be living in 1938. Not exactly recent, but a good point nonetheless. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Recent enough considering it was supposed to have gone extinct millions of years ago. It's not like it was some crazy new technology that allowed it to be discovered.

BTW just because the Patterson video was real doesn't mean it wasn't a guy in a suit. It just means that the actual video was real and unaltered which really doesn't mean squat. That and I'm pretty sure the guy came forward to reveal it was a fraud....not to mention it simply looks like a human in a suit lol.

Old 02-27-2008, 08:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ActiveAero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ActiveAero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
BTW just because the Patterson video was real doesn't mean it wasn't a guy in a suit. It just means that the actual video was real and unaltered which really doesn't mean squat. That and I'm pretty sure the guy came forward to reveal it was a fraud....not to mention it simply looks like a human in a suit lol.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

In doing so, they also studied the movement and definition throughout the body. In comparing it to a human, its not likely that someone built a suit with such detail (muscular).

Also, on the History channel, experts in the field of Human motor skills and movement found it hard to believe someone could move so precise and with such ease if wearing a suit of that size.

I mean, just look at "its" calf muscle and thigh muscle in that pic posted above. Its pretty damn detailed for just some random guys to create in the 60s.
Old 02-27-2008, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (accordselux)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by accordselux &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I believe in Bigfoot. I've researched it since i was a kid, there's several scientists (late Dr. Grover Krantz, Dr. Jeff Meldrum) that have provided a LOT of scientific support of Bigfoot evidence, plus some cop that's a primate fingerprint expert that has found ridges on some casts of Bigfoot tracks.

We didn't know about the mountain gorilla and the god damned Giant Panda until the 1900's, I think those things are big enough to warrant a "D'oh!"

I mean for christsake they got photos of a giant squid for the first time about a year ago. These things are god damned huge!

Native American folklore, then settlers, and now scientists. There's a foundation of both myth and fact that seems to be difficult to disprove.

And the 'no skeleton' theory- ask hunters that have spent a lot of time in the forest how often they come across carcasses, and how long carcasses t ypically last </TD></TR></TABLE>

damn you make a good argument

I remember when when that squid was first caught on camera. Unbelievably as this sounds, the day before its picture was first taken, we were having a discussion about it in Biology class back in high school. And then the next day, BOOM, pics everywhere.. it was cool
Old 02-27-2008, 08:59 PM

Old 02-27-2008, 09:03 PM

Default Re: (b16chaos)

Monsterquest: Bigfoot is on right now.
Old 02-27-2008, 09:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Moemers)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Moemers &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Monsterquest: Bigfoot is on right now.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I has no cable.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (DsevenEm2)

Back in the day when my grandfather and grandmother was still around every time a show or commercial come on tv about big foot. They would always tell stories that their parents told then from back in the days when they where kids in the mountains of south east Asia, that people would not come back from hunting in the forest or back from the farm lands. So I figure this should be around in the late 1800's early 1900's.

One day a farmer and his wife was heading out to the farmlands and saw a little kid just sitting on the side of the trail between some bushes they ask the kid were is his parents and the kid said, a big monkey ate his parents. The farmer was like WHAT the only thing that he knows of that can eat a human is a tiger or a bear not a monkey cause everywhere they go the men always carry their hunting knife, muskets, or bow and arrows. So the farmer ask the kid to take him to the place it were it happen. Coming up the the area he can see from afar the blood stains and the damage vegetation around the area in his mind it has to be a tiger attack or a bear. Without moving any closer he and his wife took the kid and went back to the village to tell what they have seen.

After telling the village chief what happen the chief rounded up some men to go and investigate the situation but on their way there it started to rain and all they saw was just the damage vegetation.

Roughly a month has past more and more people are missing and rumors started to spread the area is cursed, their are angry spirits etc etc... which is causing this to happen. Until one day when a farmer and his family heads out to the farmlands and from what they say that the jungle got quite really quick the father knew something was wrong because of all the years he walked that trail he never experience anything like this, no birds calling or chirping you don't hear the monkeys calling from afar all you hear is the branches and leafs swaying back and forth from the the everyday mountain breeze. All of a sudden crash crash crash out of the jungle bushes a creature standing almost upright and twice the height and size of a man lunges out grabs his little daughter by the arm shocked and terrified the farmer froze standing there watching as this creature lifts up his daughter by one arm looks up into the sky and roared with a big smile like as if it was celebrating that it has caught its prey. Hearing the cry of his daughter he snapped out of the terrified state that he was in, readied his musket and fired right at the creature surprised by the big bang the creature jumps back 10 to 15 feet in one leap looks back up in the sky and roars then it looked back down straight at the farmer. He throws his musket as hard as he can at it. The farmer reaches down to his belt to pull out his knife the creature lunges forward towards him, he takes a couple of steps back while still unsheathing his knife out when he trips over his terrified wife who has collapse with fear. The creature reaches his arm out towards him but, instead of him it grabbed the wife by the leg and carried his wife and little daughter out into the jungle. Not knowing what else to do and drowning in fear the farmer grabbed his son and other daughter ran back to the village for help.

Word spread from one village to the other of the situation that had happen. when going to the farmlands or hunting for some game the villagers always go in large groups but the attacks still occurs no matter how big the group is. Story after story its the same thing the jungle gets all quite and then it appears grabs someone by the arm look up in the sky and roars with a smile and takes off. their is also stories of the creature just ripping the arm off and eating it right in front of everybody as they all ran for their life's. There has been a couple of incidents that when the creature appeared and grabs hold of its victims while it roars and stares up into the sky and there is clash of thunder and lightning or rain the creature lets you go and runs back into the jungle.

So as a little protection from the creature people carry bamboo that they can slip over their arms so when it pops out and grabs them by the arm its actually got a hold on the bamboo instead of the arm and when it does it roar they'll just slip out of the bamboo and run.

To stop this from happening any further a lot of the villages got together and rounded up almost all the men and hunted it from mountain to mountain. They say that no matter how many time they shoot at it it always get away and some of their hunting dogs never came back after chasing the creature or is found dead during the chase. After that they say for a couple of months depending on the direction of the wind you can smell rotting flesh. But nobody wants to go and investigate the smell of fear that if it is the creature you'll be curse.

But I think the story is just some mumbo jumbo to scare the kids so that they don't run off by themselves. In a way I kind of believe it and in a way I don't. I ask a lot of old people ( 70 to 98 years old ) if this story is true and they say yes it has been pass down for generations.

I'll believe it one day when someone gets a real footage of one cause I sure don't want to meet one.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:06 AM
Paragraph Alert

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Topher. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

In doing so, they also studied the movement and definition throughout the body. In comparing it to a human, its not likely that someone built a suit with such detail (muscular).

Also, on the History channel, experts in the field of Human motor skills and movement found it hard to believe someone could move so precise and with such ease if wearing a suit of that size.

I mean, just look at "its" calf muscle and thigh muscle in that pic posted above. Its pretty damn detailed for just some random guys to create in the 60s.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I went and did some research and it appears you are correct. Interesting.
Old 02-28-2008, 12:08 AM
ⒽⓉ ④ ⓁⒾⒻⒺ

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by accordselux &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> </TD></TR></TABLE>

Fake.

The family of that picture in Washington confessed not long ago about their father who created Big Foot.

Kinda wish it was real...who knows?
Old 02-28-2008, 01:12 AM
Paragraph Alert

Default Re: (nek0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nek0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Fake.

The family of that picture in Washington confessed not long ago about their father who created Big Foot.

Kinda wish it was real...who knows?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Unless I'm mistaken the family that confessed was the Wallace guy who had his own photos/etc. The picture above is actually a still from the Patterson video.

Regardless there seems to be all kinds of people that have "confessed" to being the guy in the suit in that film.

The easiest thing to ask is where is the suit and why hasn't another one been made? You'd figure that after 50 years someone could have easily built a replica suit to put this to rest.

Old 02-28-2008, 01:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Johnny.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnny. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Believe that it exists...just like I believe the world was created in seven 24 hour days. hahahaha</TD></TR></TABLE>

Many modern Christians believe that the term 'days' actually means 'periods', so maybe it took longer than that

Bigfoot?

Maybe.

Don't know how they could remain hidden for so long, and not leave any bodies or skeletons behind.
Old 02-28-2008, 02:28 AM
STAR

Default Re: (Johnny.)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Johnny. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Believe that it exists...just like I believe the world was created in seven 24 hour days. hahahaha</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought god rested on the seventh day, meaning the world was created in six, twenty-four hour days.

I could be horribly incorrect though.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:01 AM
New User

In doing so, they also studied the movement and definition throughout the body. In comparing it to a human, its not likely that someone built a suit with such detail (muscular). </TD></TR></TABLE>

Not saying its real or not, but saying that its unlikely that someone built a suit with such detail.... is kind of a retarded statement. MovieMagic people and studios make suits and crap all the time, just to try out new stuff. Hell, considering half the people that spend so much time and energy on their cars just to make them look "better", should tell you that it is VERY likely that someone would build a suit with such detail.
It all depends on how far you are willing to go to achieve something.
Old 02-28-2008, 06:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists? (juda7)

Pretty easy to believe if you look at all the weird animals out there.....
Then theres the Abominable Snowman which is just a WHITE version of Bigfoot.
Anyone that thinks that we've discovered every species out there probably has a bible next to them and doesn't believe in the possibility of Aliens either.
Open your minds people.....

Old 02-28-2008, 06:56 AM
Me Gusta History

Default Re: (nek0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nek0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Fake.

Kinda wish it was real...who knows?</TD></TR></TABLE><TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ActiveAero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Unless I'm mistaken the family that confessed was the Wallace guy who had his own photos/etc. The picture above is actually a still from the Patterson video.

Regardless there seems to be all kinds of people that have "confessed" to being the guy in the suit in that film.

The easiest thing to ask is where is the suit and why hasn't another one been made? You'd figure that after 50 years someone could have easily built a replica suit to put this to rest.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I actually have some pictures that Ray Wallace sent me of himself in a suit. They're a prized part of my collection

There are SEVERAL people that have claimed to be the guy in the Patterson suit, but if you read some of Krantz's studies of the film, it's incredible how much can be determined, for example shifting the entire upper body to look around- typical of apes, since their heads are lower set, they cannot turn their neck like we can.

Plus the boobies
Old 02-28-2008, 08:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists? (DsevenEm2)

Heres the problem with Bigfoot.

Shaq is bigger than him, has bigger feet and would kick his ***.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:18 AM
Team Purple

Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists? (D Day)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D Day &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Heres the problem with Bigfoot.

Shaq is bigger than him, has bigger feet and would kick his ***.</TD></TR></TABLE>
So you're saying that Bigfoot doesn't have a chance in the NBA?
Old 02-28-2008, 08:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists? (J.EM1)

Im saying that he is called Bigfoot, but there are bigger footed people out there who will drop bows on him. Also, if the man is that big and cant figure out to get money by going and playing major professional sports, then he deserves to be left in the woods to die a lonely death.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (lildrgn2.0)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by lildrgn2.0 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Not saying its real or not, but saying that its unlikely that someone built a suit with such detail.... is kind of a retarded statement. MovieMagic people and studios make suits and crap all the time, just to try out new stuff. Hell, considering half the people that spend so much time and energy on their cars just to make them look "better", should tell you that it is VERY likely that someone would build a suit with such detail.
It all depends on how far you are willing to go to achieve something.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You are taking this out of context of time. This is 1967. For example, Star Wars was created in 1977 and their suits details barely measure up. I know its a movie, but its relative considering it was 10 years after the Patterson footage, along with being shot by professionals, edited, make up artists, etc.

You are also then claiming there was a suit built in the 1960's that rivals even todays creations. A suit that could make a normal man 7 foot + and allow him to move fluently. Considering the clear movements it made such as it turning at the waste, it had to be a man who had been well educated on primate movements. Just in that frame above, you can see how he has opened up his body to face the two men who just stepped into the clearing. This is not a natural human motion.

Also, the men who "planned" this hoax could not have known that this video would have been broken down frame by frame and studied under the microscope. Under the microscope, specialists are able to find cut offs, seams, specific features that are tell-tale of a human in a suit. Instead, in studying this footage, they found perfect motion, and muscle definition with each step.

There will always be skeptics. Some people are just more inclined to skepticism. If Bigfoot were caught today, critics would still not believe.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:02 PM
Oracle of GDD

Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

I have gone down the rabbit hole on this recently, not sure why.

I've watched a lot of **** over the past week or two but I will start with just the audio of what is supposedly their yells.

Old 08-21-2018, 12:12 PM
INSERT TITLE HERE

Default Re: Do you think Bigfoot exists?

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.