Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

do you guys have information in becoming a commercial pilot??

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do you guys have information in becoming a commercial pilot??

Old 11-03-2004, 11:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default do you guys have information in becoming a commercial pilot??

ive been thinking about this for quite sometime now. ever since i was little ive always wanted to be a pilot. so i figure i should stop dreaming and follow up. if you guys have any info please post up. thanks. links are welcome.. planning on working for a commercial airlines.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:02 PM
PlastikOwl

Default Re: do you guys have information in becoming a commercial pilot?? (ironchef25)

my sister's husband used to be a fighter pilot...before that he did smaller planes, and learned at a young age. Now he's a civilian instructor...and flies gi-normous cargo planes....and he's been trying to get in for several years now.

If you're just now wanting to start...good luck.

Old 11-03-2004, 12:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: do you guys have information in becoming a commercial pilot?? (ironchef25)

I hope you don't get scared easily and have good eye sight.
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: do you guys have information in becoming a commercial pilot?? (PlastikOwl W)

"Ladies, I am a commercial airline pilot. No seriously, I .... am... a ... commercial airline pilot."

I love that movie...
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: do you guys have information in becoming a commercial pilot?? (PlastikOwl W)

is it verry competitive???
Old 11-03-2004, 12:05 PM

you need your to get your private, intrument, after that then you can get your commercial. what type of commercial pilot though? if you want to fly for united etc. you need an atp license.

i will tell you its slim pickins right now for pilots. A lot of family friends even have their atp and are having problems finding work.
Old 11-03-2004, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: do you guys have information in becoming a commercial pilot?? (EL Vap133)

i fly paper airplanes
Old 11-03-2004, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (tegmech)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegmech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
i will tell you its slim pickins right now for pilots. A lot of family friends even have their atp and are having problems finding work.</TD></TR></TABLE>

awwww that sucks..thanks for busting my bubble of dreams. haha lol jk.. im still gonna pursue it though..
Old 11-03-2004, 12:47 PM

flying a plane is an awesome experience. My mom just sold her piper 160 last year, but man was it a blast. not to mention shortened trips that you would normally take a car.

If thats your dream then persue it. Check into the pilots that fly fish around up in alaska. That is if your looking for an adventure. Great pay, lots of flights, always busy. But also extremely dangerous. Flying through intense snow storms, mechanical difficulties in remote areas, etc. You are required to have a handgun in your planes. but most keep large rifles just to be safe. Sound fun?
Old 11-03-2004, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

guns? why? your gonna shoot bad guys from the sky??
Old 11-03-2004, 12:51 PM
The Alchemist...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegmech &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">flying a plane is an awesome experience. My mom just sold her piper 160 last year, but man was it a blast. not to mention shortened trips that you would normally take a car.

If thats your dream then persue it. Check into the pilots that fly fish around up in alaska. That is if your looking for an adventure. Great pay, lots of flights, always busy. But also extremely dangerous. Flying through intense snow storms, mechanical difficulties in remote areas, etc. You are required to have a handgun in your planes. but most keep large rifles just to be safe. Sound fun? </TD></TR></TABLE>

YES

Old 11-03-2004, 12:59 PM

Default Re: (ironchef25)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ironchef25 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">guns? why? your gonna shoot bad guys from the sky??</TD></TR></TABLE>

bears, wolfs, etc. also, if you have an emergency and have to land in the middle of nowhere its not like you would be found in just a few hours.
Old 11-03-2004, 02:21 PM

http://www.erau.edu/ &lt;----this is where its at man
Old 11-03-2004, 02:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TheM3man)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheM3man &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.erau.edu/ &lt;----this is where its at man </TD></TR></TABLE>

lol don't send him here, it'll cost him over $100,000
Old 11-03-2004, 02:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TheM3man)

there are courses that you can take in universities and colleges (in canada.. probably the same in the US)..
and i believe some airlines train their own pilots with low requirements (ie. high school diploma)

i hope you dont work for american for candian airlines.. they lay off people and bankrupt all the time

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.