Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

do any of you bro's even lift?????

Old 02-23-2019, 11:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

I love saturdays!!! Its the real cesspool of idiots. The weekend warriors come out. All the curl/bench highschool bros flock in. All the moron retirees come in. Old man with baby calves making orgasm noises doing way too much weight on the seated calf machine with 1/8 reps. Every bench taken by highschool bros. Weights laying everywhere.
Old 02-24-2019, 11:42 AM
Paragraph Alert

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New young Chinese lifter Li Dayin that r/weightlifting is fanboying over. He just reset the world record yesterday for the newer weight classes.

375lb ******, 449lb clean and jerk at 178lb body weight.

Training hall footage caught him doing a 240kg (528lb) ****** pull lol. Bad explanation but basically think ultra wide grip deadlift where you bring the bar to your hip and shrug. Dude is a monster.

Old 02-25-2019, 03:33 AM
Paragraph Alert

I kinda liked hitting that heavy single on my front squat day so I went for it again and hit 275lbs. There is a bit more in the tank too I feel, especially if I clean up the technique a bit. I can see my heels lifting a hair from letting the bar path drift forward.

Old 02-25-2019, 06:17 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by crazyhorse2011 View Post
I love saturdays!!! Its the real cesspool of idiots. The weekend warriors come out. All the curl/bench highschool bros flock in. All the moron retirees come in. Old man with baby calves making orgasm noises doing way too much weight on the seated calf machine with 1/8 reps. Every bench taken by highschool bros. Weights laying everywhere.
Not really all that much room to throw shade, my guy. Focus on what your doing and let them be on their way.

Originally Posted by ActiveAero View Post
I kinda liked hitting that heavy single on my front squat day so I went for it again and hit 275lbs. There is a bit more in the tank too I feel, especially if I clean up the technique a bit. I can see my heels lifting a hair from letting the bar path drift forward.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJxN...st=WL&index=32
Are you big air/bracing? Midway through the lift, you're diving forward just a small bit, which in turn is bringing the rest of you forward.
Old 02-25-2019, 08:59 AM
Paragraph Alert

Originally Posted by black_EM1 View Post
Are you big air/bracing? Midway through the lift, you're diving forward just a small bit, which in turn is bringing the rest of you forward.
I typically do what I feel is a decent valsalva maneuver but I can see in the video that I cut my breath short and did more of a chest breath versus really filling out my gut/lower abdomen. And yeah I definitely went forward which is a death sentence on front squats.
Old 02-25-2019, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

And yeah I definitely went forward which is a death sentence on front squats.
I saw this as well. Do you have any videos of you with lesser weight?
Old 02-25-2019, 10:11 AM
im hench irl

Thats a nice lift ActiveAero

3 plate squad soon
Old 02-25-2019, 11:27 AM
Paragraph Alert

Originally Posted by mar778c View Post
I saw this as well. Do you have any videos of you with lesser weight?

Old 02-25-2019, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That was excellent form. I think the forward motion was exaggerated by "sticking" as you were moving up during the 275 lift. One last question, was the 275 lift after you had worked out or was it just a peak attempt?
Old 02-25-2019, 11:43 AM
Paragraph Alert

Originally Posted by mar778c View Post
That was excellent form. I think the forward motion was exaggerated by "sticking" as you were moving up during the 275 lift. One last question, was the 275 lift after you had worked out or was it just a peak attempt?
It was a fresh peak attempt. Front squat days are supposed to be my "light" days so I just worked up to a heavy single as basically my entire workout.
Old 02-26-2019, 06:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I typically do what I feel is a decent valsalva maneuver but I can see in the video that I cut my breath short and did more of a chest breath versus really filling out my gut/lower abdomen. And yeah I definitely went forward which is a death sentence on front squats.
Any squats, really, unless you can super compensate with something. Watched the 245 video, much cleaner. There will always be some form breakdown at 1RM, happens. It's still a good lift. I think you may have a bit more in you.

Ok, so went super YOLO yesterday on deadlifts because I was lifting with a 300lb lifter (I'm 210).

Did 525, he did it easier. 565, he knocked it out. Ok, cool. Time to work.

585, little sloppy but up. He does it too.

620, **** it let's ride. I hit it. He hits it faster.

640lb/290kg. Decided to truly send it with an all time PR. A bit sloppy, but it goes. New PR. He hits it too.

Damn competitive male nature. Judging by this, I might be knocking on 672 for all out max soon.
Old 03-05-2019, 08:41 AM
Paragraph Alert

Originally Posted by black_EM1 View Post
Any squats, really, unless you can super compensate with something. Watched the 245 video, much cleaner. There will always be some form breakdown at 1RM, happens. It's still a good lift. I think you may have a bit more in you.

Ok, so went super YOLO yesterday on deadlifts because I was lifting with a 300lb lifter (I'm 210).

Did 525, he did it easier. 565, he knocked it out. Ok, cool. Time to work.

585, little sloppy but up. He does it too.

620, **** it let's ride. I hit it. He hits it faster.

640lb/290kg. Decided to truly send it with an all time PR. A bit sloppy, but it goes. New PR. He hits it too.

Damn competitive male nature. Judging by this, I might be knocking on 672 for all out max soon.
You gotta go for 700lbs now.

Getting close to the end of this squat cycle. Breezed through 260lbs for 5 sets of 3 and decided to AMRAP the last set for 8 reps. I started the cycle with an honest ATG high bar 255lbs 5RM so it is clear this program has worked well, especially considering the bump in the front squat as well. Based on calculations that should put me well beyond the 3 plate squat territory, especially considering I did it on my 5th set. Looking forward to testing my 1RM the next time I'm off this damn rig.

I'm still embarrassed thinking I had a 345lb squat months ago due to sh*t depth lol.
Old 03-06-2019, 04:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Do any of you guys know anything about "bloated" or distended abs? I used to be quite overweight and now that i am cutting down the final bits of fat i can see the top 4 abs if i flex really hard, and i have a v taper (albeit kinda half assed), but at rest i feel like my abdominal wall slopes outward, so where my waistband is instead of being parallel to my thighs it has kinda an upward angle, kinda like a small gut but its the muscle tissue because i am pressing my finger into it. Does this make any sense? Is this permanent from being overweight or is it normal?
Old 03-07-2019, 06:57 AM
Swaggylicious

Its just the hardest layer of fat to burn off in that region
Old 03-07-2019, 07:51 AM
Paragraph Alert

Originally Posted by $amGD3 View Post
Its just the hardest layer of fat to burn off in that region
Yeah that spot is called your stomach after age 30 lol.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:08 AM
Video Game Collector

Body types vary. I got down to 7-8% on calipers (not sure how accurate, but had to be more accurate than the bf scales they sell) and looked pretty damn anemic to my wife. Abs weren't nearly as defined as I would have hoped, so I said hell with this and started eating again. Unless you're competing it's all about life balance and do whatever makes you happy.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:50 AM
Swaggylicious

Yeah that spot is called your stomach after age 30 lol.
i feel ya there man, its been a problem area for me since my mid 20s

Jeff talks about it a bit here

Old 03-07-2019, 10:01 AM
Video Game Collector

Yeah it's no secret guys store it on their belly. For me though, the biggest eye opening experience is how much you store on your lower back above the hip bone. If you ever lean out try pinching there and see how much you can lose. Everyone pinches the belly and that's what you can see, so I went a few months before noticing that my lower back skin got really tight too.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You gotta go for 700lbs now.

Getting close to the end of this squat cycle. Breezed through 260lbs for 5 sets of 3 and decided to AMRAP the last set for 8 reps. I started the cycle with an honest ATG high bar 255lbs 5RM so it is clear this program has worked well, especially considering the bump in the front squat as well. Based on calculations that should put me well beyond the 3 plate squat territory, especially considering I did it on my 5th set. Looking forward to testing my 1RM the next time I'm off this damn rig.

I'm still embarrassed thinking I had a 345lb squat months ago due to sh*t depth lol.
That's the goal for this year, assuming everything holds up. Had a little sprain near my collarbone on Monday, so let's hope that heals up before the meet in 3 weeks. Closer I get to 700, the more my form has to be 100%. Or as close as possible.

For a while (if you want), stop thinking about percentages and just go try to lift. You might be surprised what happens.

Originally Posted by crazyhorse2011 View Post
Do any of you guys know anything about "bloated" or distended abs? I used to be quite overweight and now that i am cutting down the final bits of fat i can see the top 4 abs if i flex really hard, and i have a v taper (albeit kinda half assed), but at rest i feel like my abdominal wall slopes outward, so where my waistband is instead of being parallel to my thighs it has kinda an upward angle, kinda like a small gut but its the muscle tissue because i am pressing my finger into it. Does this make any sense? Is this permanent from being overweight or is it normal?
Welcome to being male.

Pretty much what JB said. Getting lean isn't everything. As you lose more fat, your body will try to hold onto it. I mean, do you plan to compete? If not, don't worry about it so much. I, and a few others here have or are competitors, and that level is not ideal long term. Get to a good balance and call it good.
Old 03-09-2019, 09:51 AM
Paragraph Alert

New youth world record. 15 years old and 108lbs cleaning 275lb. Screw this kid lol.

Old 03-11-2019, 06:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Why do I even lift?
Old 03-14-2019, 05:17 PM
Paragraph Alert

Had one of my rig bros spot me so I wouldn't have to dump the bar and wake up everyone on the floor under the gym. Went for a backsquat AMRAP with 265lbs and got it for 10 nice clean deep reps. I've been on this damn rig for 6 weeks going on 7 now of 12-14 hr days with zero breaks so seeing this progress is really motivating.
Old 03-15-2019, 03:44 PM
I really don't know

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was much happier lifting before instagram and new social media.

I used to be proud of my lifts on Myspace. I loaded a 345lb atlas stone and even some 600lb bench presser was applauding me. Now 120lb orphans are pressing 600lbs.
Old 03-16-2019, 11:16 AM
Paragraph Alert

Double posting this from the Instagram thread.

Girl at the Olympic weightlifting gym I've been trying to learn/train at when I'm off. She's been dedicated to it for about 2 years now and is turning into a freaking beast.

Competes at 141lb body weight.

209 lb clean and jerk.

286lb back squat for reps.

Impressive AF.
Old 03-18-2019, 06:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Had one of my rig bros spot me so I wouldn't have to dump the bar and wake up everyone on the floor under the gym. Went for a backsquat AMRAP with 265lbs and got it for 10 nice clean deep reps. I've been on this damn rig for 6 weeks going on 7 now of 12-14 hr days with zero breaks so seeing this progress is really motivating.
Hell yeah bro. Good work1

Originally Posted by A D NOH View Post
I was much happier lifting before instagram and new social media.

I used to be proud of my lifts on Myspace. I loaded a 345lb atlas stone and even some 600lb bench presser was applauding me. Now 120lb orphans are pressing 600lbs.
Their journey is not yours, my man. Remember that.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.