do any of you bro's even lift????? - Page 3 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

do any of you bro's even lift?????

Old 04-29-2015, 09:13 AM   #51
Swaggylicious

Default Re: do any of you bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforbroke View Post
Why don't you look into professional help on how to bench. I'm not really surprised because most gym rats bench way too damn much and eventually end up jacking up their shoulders.

Are your shoulders rolled forward? Are the palm of your hands parallel with your legs, like having a overhand grip on the bar? If so you bench too damn much. You need to start hammering away at rowing exercises to bring your body back in alignment.

We all have some kind of muscular imbalance to a certain degree. It's not very uncommon but it's hardly ever discussed.
rolled forward? wat

and palm w/ legs?? wattt
$amGD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 09:30 AM   #52
0x5359-0055

Nope
213374U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:08 AM   #53
MEAT PATTY

Quote:
Originally Posted by $amGD3 View Post
rolled forward? wat
and palm w/ legs?? wattt
Look at the dude in the middle with the blue trunks. His shoulders are rounded forward.
goforbroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:10 AM   #54
Honda-Tech Member

Reading about all these PRs vs weight makes me sad. These past couple of years of 60+hrs of work have killed my progress
Curiouz_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:26 AM   #55
STR8 to Ignore List

STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 10:32 AM   #56
Honda-Tech Member

I recently started lifting again after about 3 years of inactivity. Hate cardio so I am trying to maximize my static metabolic rate with lifting. I am 6'0" and at my peak fitness I was right around 170lbs. Never measured BF% or anything but I was in pretty good shape and hitting the gym at least 4-5 days a week. I am currently at 230.

Back in those days I didn't really have a plan or log anything, and I plateaued quickly and spent a lot of time at the gym for very little gains. Now I have a 3yr old and as it is I get to spend very little time with her, so I need to spend as little time at the gym as possible. Also I love food and eating out so I know I'll never have a 6 pack or look like a bodybuilder, and I'm ok with that. Just trying to get down to a healthier weight.

Here is the plan I am trying out. It's called MVF (minimum viable fitness) and the basic premise is relatively short workouts 3x a week and maximize your results in that short amount of time. I fully realize I'm not going to be setting any bench press records this way but that's fine with me.

After a few months of this I will probably switch it up and try P90x or something like that. I have a pretty nice free gym at work so I really don't have an excuse not to be working out regularly anymore.
Slow*Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:12 PM   #57
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: do any of you ******* bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slain View Post
havent been to the gym in 2-3 weeks.. been depressed as ****.. mom had been going through cancer the past year and watched her pass away right in front of me the other day.. so i've been mind fucked for a bit..

I need to get out of this funk..went through something similar when my pops passed away in 2010...

Keep killing it guys..
damn I need to proof read my ****.. I left out it was my gfs mom... regardless she was like my second mom..

thanks doe guys for the condolences..

Got back into the gym today with deficit deadlifts...
Slain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:16 PM   #58
816d16 owes me money!

Sam, my advice is to stop immediately if the pain is there. The more you push it, the worse it will get.
usdm420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:27 PM   #59
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm420 View Post
Sam, my advice is to stop immediately if the pain is there. The more you push it, the worse it will get.
Bullshit!
I kept pushing through the pain and now I can finally put it in my girls *** without complaint.

Some times you have to work through the pain for the greater goal.
Phil M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:28 PM   #60
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by usdm420 View Post

you are in a rehab type of situation right now, the more you push through the pain the worse it'll get! I've been there trust me, had the same issues early on when I was careless about lifting and my form. My best advice is take it easy, do back, abs, legs, butt, anything that doesn't involve shoulders, until you start to feel no more pain. Once you feel like you're healing get some rubber bands and stregthen those stabalizing muscles(youtube videos can show exact form). When you get back to form months later(no pain), I highly recomend doing slow arm circles(small, medium, then large, forward and backward) go slowly, no need for weight at first just your arms will be enough, slow and steady when comming back from shoulder injuries, you'll feel like you can lift more weight but not to much to soon! Eventually a month or so later you can use 5lbs weights for this. I havn't had a shoulder problem for like 15 years now since i started doing the shoulder circles, just make sure there's no more pain and rehab with a rubber band first!
GL
Tegra206 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:39 PM   #61
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rota92 View Post
I'm not some crazy lifter by any means, but I frequent the gym. I'm blessed with a fast metabolism but it's really hard to lift more weight and put on mass.

It's 99% likely I don't ingest enough calories, but for those of you skinny bro's, what is your trick once you plateau with what you're lifting?

Other than a fresh pump, it's really slow progress for me, especially now that it's time to spend all my gym time back on bikes now that we don't have snow on the ground lol
What kind of food are you eating? Getting good amounts of sleep? Drink booz? All these can dramatically affect gains. Whats been your routine up to this point? reps, weight, sets. Do you isolate muscle groups? Just trying to get a better feel for what you already got going on, it's easier to help that way.
Old 04-29-2015, 01:42 PM   #62
HNIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by rota92 View Post

It's 99% likely I don't ingest enough calories, but for those of you skinny bro's, what is your trick once you plateau with what you're lifting?
The problem is 99% of the people in the gym really have no idea what they are doing. Everybody is still on the chest/tri, back/bicep, shoulder and leg deal from 40 years ago. Sets are always 10-8-6-4 or whatever.

IMO, the key is intensity and constantly varied stimulus (I didn't say muscle confusion). Something needs to change every time you step in the gym, even if it's just 2.5lbs. I actually carry fractional plates in my bag that are 1.25lbs each. If I bench 250 this week, next week it's 252.50.

Most people would benefit from following a simple program like 5/3/1. You'd get results and be out of the gym in less than an hour. The problem is these people would be on to the next program 30 days later.
vtecvoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:43 PM   #63
816d16 owes me money!

Putting on mass comes down to one ultimate foundation.....calories.
Fast metabolism or not, your caloric intake has to go up.
usdm420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 01:48 PM   #64
Do u even lift?

Wish I had skinny guy problems. Just eat all day and lift do no cardio and get shredded.
TLWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 02:56 PM   #65
Do you even red wheels?

Biggest thing for me was realizing just because my metabolism allowed me to eat like **** didn't mean I should. Started eating clean, cut out all fast food and pop, and lifted heavy for a solid year.

Then once my weight shot up due to beginners gains I started to transition between heavy, light, super sets, whatever I could to shock the system.

My weight goal was 175 however due to my lean muscle mass and low BFI I don't even pay attention to weight goals anymore and focus on what looks good for my frame.

Although I'm just shy of 6' I am a very small framed guy so too much mass and I'm going to look like a BMW driving meathead. Nope nope nope.
ForceFed Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 03:01 PM   #66
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForceFed Motorsports View Post
Biggest thing for me was realizing just because my metabolism allowed me to eat like **** didn't mean I should. Started eating clean, cut out all fast food and pop, and lifted heavy for a solid year.

Then once my weight shot up due to beginners gains I started to transition between heavy, light, super sets, whatever I could to shock the system.

My weight goal was 175 however due to my lean muscle mass and low BFI I don't even pay attention to weight goals anymore and focus on what looks good for my frame.

Although I'm just shy of 6' I am a very small framed guy so too much mass and I'm going to look like a BMW driving meathead. Nope nope nope.
I'm exactly the same way!!!! I want to look athletic & be physically athletic so i can still do those active things like hike, play basketball....ect and not feel like i'm carrying extra weight. Haven't touched a scale in like 5 years lol
Old 04-29-2015, 04:28 PM   #67
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slow*Jim View Post
I recently started lifting again after about 3 years of inactivity. Hate cardio so I am trying to maximize my static metabolic rate with lifting. I am 6'0" and at my peak fitness I was right around 170lbs. Never measured BF% or anything but I was in pretty good shape and hitting the gym at least 4-5 days a week. I am currently at 230.

Back in those days I didn't really have a plan or log anything, and I plateaued quickly and spent a lot of time at the gym for very little gains. Now I have a 3yr old and as it is I get to spend very little time with her, so I need to spend as little time at the gym as possible. Also I love food and eating out so I know I'll never have a 6 pack or look like a bodybuilder, and I'm ok with that. Just trying to get down to a healthier weight.
Time frame and weights are the same. Joined a gym a few months ago and a few small gym in my basement just need to get motivated to get back in shape. I'd like to drop 30-40 pounds pretty quickly.

I'll probably just go back to my old routine. run 2.5-3 miles a day. Chest, back, arms workouts rotated. Need to get my diet on point I eat out at least once a day for the last few years. Food is my weakness.
natedawg500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 05:58 PM   #68
Honda-Tech Member

#1 thing is your genes
Old 04-29-2015, 08:00 PM   #69
Do you even red wheels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by solbrothers View Post
@forcefed betasports

your metabolism doesnt have anything to do with it srs
Thanks, I had no idea. Feel free to get shredded before calling anyone a beta.
ForceFed Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:34 AM   #70
Swaggylicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tegra206 View Post

you are in a rehab type of situation right now, the more you push through the pain the worse it'll get! I've been there trust me, had the same issues early on when I was careless about lifting and my form. My best advice is take it easy, do back, abs, legs, butt, anything that doesn't involve shoulders, until you start to feel no more pain. Once you feel like you're healing get some rubber bands and stregthen those stabalizing muscles(youtube videos can show exact form). When you get back to form months later(no pain), I highly recomend doing slow arm circles(small, medium, then large, forward and backward) go slowly, no need for weight at first just your arms will be enough, slow and steady when comming back from shoulder injuries, you'll feel like you can lift more weight but not to much to soon! Eventually a month or so later you can use 5lbs weights for this. I havn't had a shoulder problem for like 15 years now since i started doing the shoulder circles, just make sure there's no more pain and rehab with a rubber band first!
GL

thanks guys. I'm going to try to ease off the bench for a bit , i'll see if i can get someone to record me , maybe you guys can see how bad/wrong my form was?
$amGD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:49 AM   #71
STR8 to Ignore List

Default Re: do any of you ******* bro's even lift?????

Quote:
Originally Posted by veilside_s2k View Post
took this video the other week.

405 lb bench press x 12 reps at 238 lbs - YouTube

you can scroll through my youtube account for other videos. 530 bench and 565 squat are my PR's. 5'10 and I bounce between 235-240lbs. Got a year left before im 30. Shooting for a 550 bench and 600 squat.
STR8 H8N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:58 AM   #72
Honda-Tech Member

What up doe!

I've been hammering at it pretty well lately, injuries have subsided BUT I can't get my eating back on track yet so my big round belly is hurting the aesthetics bruh!

Strength is going up but I really need a gym buddy for heavy days.
Back to 100 lbs DB presses for sets of 12 or so, so I am happy there!
Mattb16teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 06:32 AM   #73
Streets closed Pizzagate boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecvoodoo View Post
Where the beer flows like wine
Can you PM me pricing? Yes srs
DC5Danny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:02 AM   #74
HNIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5Danny View Post
Can you PM me pricing? Yes srs
$65 a month unlimited.
vtecvoodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 07:10 AM   #75
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by goforbroke View Post
Why don't you look into professional help on how to bench. I'm not really surprised because most gym rats bench way too damn much and eventually end up jacking up their shoulders.

Are your shoulders rolled forward? Are the palm of your hands parallel with your legs, like having a overhand grip on the bar? If so you bench too damn much. You need to start hammering away at rowing exercises to bring your body back in alignment.

We all have some kind of muscular imbalance to a certain degree. It's not very uncommon but it's hardly ever discussed.

amazing info on bench form. biggest help is pinching your shoulder blades. takes a huge amount of stress off your shoulders. the last 3-4 minutes of that video has a lot of great info

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtecvoodoo View Post
The problem is 99% of the people in the gym really have no idea what they are doing. Everybody is still on the chest/tri, back/bicep, shoulder and leg deal from 40 years ago. Sets are always 10-8-6-4 or whatever.

IMO, the key is intensity and constantly varied stimulus (I didn't say muscle confusion). Something needs to change every time you step in the gym, even if it's just 2.5lbs. I actually carry fractional plates in my bag that are 1.25lbs each. If I bench 250 this week, next week it's 252.50.

Most people would benefit from following a simple program like 5/3/1. You'd get results and be out of the gym in less than an hour. The problem is these people would be on to the next program 30 days later.
im a huge fan of the 5x5. specially for squat and bench. smaller muscles likes arms, shoulders, etc. I usually do 6 sets. 3 sets, increase weight, 3 sets. or 2 sets of 12, add weight, 2 sets of 10, add weight, 2 sets of 6.
veilside_s2k is offline   Reply With Quote