Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

definition of "WINNING"

Old 12-29-2002, 08:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default definition of "WINNING"

most people keeps telling others about their racing stories.."i kicked a gsr's *** last nite or a si tried to raced me but i burned his *** or i was racing with this prelude and he had no chance at all.."

how do u guys define that "i beat this guy or i burned his *** or i own him"??? is it just because u were ahead of him then u think u r the winner? or u think u took off faster so u r the winner? how do u no if the other guy didn't intend to slow down because he didn't wanna race you or maybe he just slowed down cuz he knew there were cops around?

drag racing is different from highway racing, altho drivers' skills is one of the most important thing, but HP and torque also becomes another important matters. let's put Jeff Gordon in a 200HP Civic and one of ur brothers or cousin in this 700HP Supra. the result should come out easily unless ur brother or cousin don;t even no how to turn the ignition on....

i feel like there is really no way to tell whether who is the winner or loser, because i often heard this when my friends lost " i didn't lose it's just i slowed down cuz there were a lot of cops around my area or i didn't even wanna race him because if i do he has no chances at all....blah blah blah..."
Old 12-29-2002, 08:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: definition of "WINNING" (MugenPrince)

most people keeps telling others about their racing stories.."i kicked a gsr's *** last nite or a si tried to raced me but i burned his *** or i was racing with this prelude and he had no chance at all.."

how do u guys define that "i beat this guy or i burned his *** or i own him"??? is it just because u were ahead of him then u think u r the winner? or u think u took off faster so u r the winner? how do u no if the other guy didn't intend to slow down because he didn't wanna race you or maybe he just slowed down cuz he knew there were cops around?

drag racing is different from highway racing, altho drivers' skills is one of the most important thing, but HP and torque also becomes another important matters. let's put Jeff Gordon in a 200HP Civic and one of ur brothers or cousin in this 700HP Supra. the result should come out easily unless ur brother or cousin don;t even no how to turn the ignition on....

i feel like there is really no way to tell whether who is the winner or loser, because i often heard this when my friends lost " i didn't lose it's just i slowed down cuz there were a lot of cops around my area or i didn't even wanna race him because if i do he has no chances at all....blah blah blah..."
"winnning is winning, it doesn't matter if it's by an inch or a mile!"
Old 12-29-2002, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: definition of "WINNING" (MugenPrince)

Depends on how much smack the talked before the race!!!
Old 12-29-2002, 08:40 PM

Default Re: definition of "WINNING" (xjohnx)

you know......I would flame this guy for quoting the movie, but I will have to agree here.
Old 12-29-2002, 08:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: definition of "WINNING" (xjohnx)

LOL You beat me to it.

CRX Forum
Old 12-29-2002, 09:05 PM
VTEC

Default Re: definition of "WINNING" (crxforum)

The quote stands true..."It doesn't matter if it's by an inch or a mile...winning's winning."

This brings to mind two great drivers...Ayrton Senna and Alain Prost. Prost was more of a thinking driver. He drove with his head, while Senna drove with his heart. Prost would do just enough to win, while Senna would always try to win by as much as possible. Senna didn't want to win...he wanted to dominate.

Two World Champions, two great drivers. Two stories of success. Two different paths.

The end result is the same...both are winners.