College Admissions Scandal - Page 4 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

College Admissions Scandal

 
Old 03-14-2019, 12:20 PM
  #76  
I said I don't want a title!
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: OH
Posts: 11,489
Default Re: College Admissions Scandal

Originally Posted by tron_ View Post
Coming from the American who LITERALLY elected a guy born in KENYA!!!!!!!
How far back in history do we have to go until a consensus can be reached on the last time America had a "great" president? A loooong way, for sure.

And how much American history was taught in the Canadian school systems? You seem to like to talk about this pretty frequently.
Todd00 is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:29 PM
  #77  
Cole Trickle
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 94
Default Re: College Admissions Scandal

Originally Posted by Todd00 View Post
I was merely pointing out that every country has a "system" like this in place and that it's ironic that a canadian would comment on it when they are no different than anyone else. I thought that was pretty easy to see, but apparently not (at least those who have blinders on to reality, like you seem to).

Nice try on the DT and GWB deflection though. At least you provide entertainment, I suppose.
Originally Posted by Todd00 View Post
How far back in history do we have to go until a consensus can be reached on the last time America had a "great" president? A loooong way, for sure.

And how much American history was taught in the Canadian school systems? You seem to like to talk about this pretty frequently.
I love how you're using "Canadian" as a slur lololol

moopmoop is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:36 PM
  #78  
Honda-Tech Member
 
tron_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 635
Default Re: College Admissions Scandal

Originally Posted by Todd00 View Post
How far back in history do we have to go until a consensus can be reached on the last time America had a "great" president? A loooong way, for sure.

And how much American history was taught in the Canadian school systems? You seem to like to talk about this pretty frequently.
tron_ is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:45 PM
  #79  
-Intl Steve Krew
 
Caoboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 4,580
Default Re: College Admissions Scandal

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post


still couldnít shut it down

city of philadelphia> bezos
He couldn't buy out all the seats?
Caoboy is online now  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:50 PM
  #80  
Keyboard Humorist
 
4drEF's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Granada Hills, Ca, USA
Posts: 9,700
Default Re: College Admissions Scandal

Originally Posted by Todd00 View Post
How far back in history do we have to go until a consensus can be reached on the last time America had a "great" president?
I'm sold on thinking that we would never know if a president in office is good or not.
The public may responds well to public appearances and meetings with foreign leaders may appear to go over well, but behind the closed doors they could be silently eroding the system.
If lucky, the next president rides the curtails of the previous president and looks like an absolute champ or, if not so lucky, the next president spends 4 years cleaning up the trash and taking the beating from society.

4drEF is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:54 PM
  #81  
Head Of Bespoke
 
Rguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: NJ
Posts: 5,263
Default Re: College Admissions Scandal

Loughlin fired by hallmark.
Rguy is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:55 PM
  #82  
aka DaZman69!
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 35
Default Re: College Admissions Scandal

Originally Posted by Caoboy View Post
He couldn't buy out all the seats?
no, season ticket holders, and thereís a lot of them

he could pay the season ticket holders an outrageous amount i suppose. Heíd also be murdered by philly fans who wanted to go to the game.

I suppose with a few hundred million he could make it happen. But itís so much thatís itís not realistic. Heíd also suffer huge losses from the negative publicity.
sflkgjsfndgn is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 12:55 PM
  #83  
Honda-Tech Member
 
tron_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 635
Default Re: College Admissions Scandal

I wonder if their kids will be expelled from the universities and/or be told to reapply
tron_ is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 01:22 PM
  #84  
B20 Bhai M.B.B.S
 
b20sedan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Firebird, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,255
Default Re: College Admissions Scandal

Originally Posted by Rguy View Post
Loughlin fired by hallmark.
Daughter dropped by Sephora
b20sedan is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 01:42 PM
  #85  
I said I don't want a title!
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: OH
Posts: 11,489
Default Re: College Admissions Scandal

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
I love how you're using "Canadian" as a slur lololol
You keep being you, bloop. At least we can all be fortunate that the most you'll ever do in politics is be a honda-tech GDD Edgelord.
Todd00 is offline  
Old 03-14-2019, 02:08 PM
  #86  
-Intl Steve Krew
 
Caoboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Central Valley, CA
Posts: 4,580
Default Re: College Admissions Scandal

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post


no, season ticket holders, and thereís a lot of them

he could pay the season ticket holders an outrageous amount i suppose. Heíd also be murdered by philly fans who wanted to go to the game.

I suppose with a few hundred million he could make it happen. But itís so much thatís itís not realistic. Heíd also suffer huge losses from the negative publicity.
But see how poor your friend looks now?

I doubt it'd be over 50.
​​​​​
Caoboy is online now  
Old 03-14-2019, 05:05 PM
  #87  
rookn00b
Thread Starter
iTrader: (2)
 
xtrac1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 5,647
Default Re: College Admissions Scandal

Originally Posted by b20sedan View Post
Imagine having a kid so ******* dumb you need to spend half a million dollars just to get them into the University of Southern California lol
xtrac1 is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:28 AM
  #88  
Member
 
GoLowDrew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: East Palo Alto, CA
Posts: 88,633
Default Re: College Admissions Scandal

We should also "blame" the school for this problem too. Getting 4.0 GPA and being Class President may not be enough to get into Stanford sometimes. It used to be enough decades ago.

I think the selection process is out of sync, in the name of diversity, equality, social justice. No, I'm not talking about race, culture, gender, orientation, etc, and don't want to go down that way and make the thread political.

Getting good grades and being the "complete package" is not enough today to get into an elite school.
GoLowDrew is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 07:51 AM
  #89  
Cole Trickle
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 94
Default Re: College Admissions Scandal

Originally Posted by GoLowDrew View Post
We should also "blame" the school for this problem too. Getting 4.0 GPA and being Class President may not be enough to get into Stanford sometimes. It used to be enough decades ago.

I think the selection process is out of sync, in the name of diversity, equality, social justice. No, I'm not talking about race, culture, gender, orientation, etc, and don't want to go down that way and make the thread political.

Getting good grades and being the "complete package" is not enough today to get into an elite school.
Getting good grades is easy if all you're doing is going to school and coming home.

Kids that are taking part in extra curricular activities and doing well in school are doing the much more impressive feat.
moopmoop is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:23 AM
  #90  
Paragraph Alert
 
ActiveAero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Oil rig, middle of the ocean
Posts: 5,069
Default Re: College Admissions Scandal

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
Getting good grades is easy if all you're doing is going to school and coming home.

Kids that are taking part in extra curricular activities and doing well in school are doing the much more impressive feat.
Or better yet how having a job doesn't seem to be highly prioritized. There are so many extra curricular activities that are just total BS college resume fluffers that require almost no work effort and are often times just a bunch of politics/popularity contests. Student government and honor societies at 99% of schools are a literal joke.

I did all right and got a few mid level scholarships but I specifically remember having to go out and try to get involved with completely BS extracurricular activities my senior year as it seemed like a lot in the college admission world didn't give a crap about me actually having a job. I had peers who were barely better than me at school but had better "on paper" resumes than me for basically doing nothing their entire high school life except school and "societies" that did nothing and as a result they got significantly better scholarships.
ActiveAero is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 08:27 AM
  #91  
Cole Trickle
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 94
Default Re: College Admissions Scandal

Originally Posted by ActiveAero View Post
Or better yet how having a job doesn't seem to be highly prioritized. There are so many extra curricular activities that are just total BS college resume fluffers that require almost no work effort and are often times just a bunch of politics/popularity contests. Student government and honor societies at 99% of schools are a literal joke.

I did all right and got a few mid level scholarships but I specifically remember having to go out and try to get involved with completely BS extracurricular activities my senior year as it seemed like a lot in the college admission world didn't give a crap about me actually having a job. I had peers who were barely better than me at school but had better "on paper" resumes than me for basically doing nothing their entire high school life except school and "societies" that did nothing and as a result they got significantly better scholarships.
Absolutely. That was my greatest struggle in high school/undergrad.

While everyone else was doing some random extracurricular, I was working all the time to pay off my debts as much as possible. I graduated with near zero student debt but man applying for scholarships for grad school and my resume looks WEAK by comparison, because a decent job doesn't really mean much relative to other stuff.
moopmoop is offline  
Old 03-15-2019, 01:29 PM
  #92  
Honda-Tech Member
 
muellersfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Posts: 792
Default Re: College Admissions Scandal




So sweet.



.
muellersfan is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.