Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The Coffee Thread.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: The Coffee Thread.

how's this?

venti, 3 pumps, whole milk, 170, wet, upside down caramel macchiato.
Old 10-25-2009, 04:34 AM
SHAME ON YOU REBECCA!

Originally Posted by importboi22 View Post
ahhh like me, was lactose intolerant since I hit puberty

but didn't put 2 + 2 together until I was 20ish. I just denied it.... I MISS MILK SO MUCH!!!
Originally Posted by Ultraman View Post
I just discovered I'm lactose intollerant, but I was a big coffee mate guy. But now its non dairy for me, and its not bad with a bound of sugar. I can get used to not having chronic diarhea.
You 2 tried Lactaid milk, it supposedly is better on your stomach. I tried it myself, but when i drink milk i tend to drink the whole gallon in one night, so that was a disaster. If you do try it (Lactaid) drink one glass in a day and see what happens.

Originally Posted by RebornGSR View Post
Use soy.
the only soy milk i find tastefull, is the very vanilla soy milk. Regualr Soy milk taste bleh, so i never buy it. Soy milk is better then regular milk, and i can drink half a gallon and not have a **** storm to deal with afterwards. I have never tried soymilk in my coffee, I don't think i'd like it.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:25 AM
Grandpa

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Arcitekt View Post
my best advice is dont waste your money on starbucks.
Definitely agree w/that point of view.

I drink two cups of coffee per day, normally.

I do not like very fancy stuff, I'm not a connoisseur by any means, but I tend to like darker, heartier coffees.

I like Kenyan coffee, generally.

I do not like Jamaican coffee, generally. Not sure what it is about the Jamaican stuff...it's some kind of mineral that I can taste.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:26 AM
Grandpa

I never put sugar in coffee.

:-)
Old 10-25-2009, 05:28 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
I never put sugar in coffee.

:-)
Any other sweetener?

That Jamaican stuff may not be coffee. If you are talking about the blue mountain, I agree that it has a characteristic note.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:42 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by Dogginator View Post
Any other sweetener?
Nope!

If you are talking about the blue mountain, I agree that it has a characteristic note.
I think that there is bauxite in every square inch of soil on that island.
Old 10-25-2009, 05:45 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

Nope!

I think that there is bauxite in every square inch of soil on that island.
Coffee cures dementia. Aluminum causes dementia. Jamaican coffee is confused.

I drink Bali or Sumatran coffees most often.
Old 10-25-2009, 08:58 AM
Ra-ta-ta-tat dat GDD

Originally Posted by Odiedogcx View Post
Does coffee beer count?

MmMm Founders Breakfast Stout .... Stone Kona Coffee, Macadamia Nut, Coconut Porter .. Terrapin Depth Charge espresso stout.... yum.
Hahaha you would come in here talking about beer

Old 10-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

at work i just drink regular black folgers medium blend everyday... at home i always brew columbian coffee... if i go to 7 eleven i get half columbian/ half brazilian..

black coffee..no sugar.. + chocolate chip cookies or a brownie is good..
Old 10-25-2009, 11:05 AM
MOB Mentality

Definitely agree w/that point of view.

I drink two cups of coffee per day, normally.

I do not like very fancy stuff, I'm not a connoisseur by any means, but I tend to like darker, heartier coffees.

I like Kenyan coffee, generally.

I do not like Jamaican coffee, generally. Not sure what it is about the Jamaican stuff...it's some kind of mineral that I can taste.
Hawaiian coffee

Home or office made black coffee with 2 tea spoons of sugar, that will keep me going.

no creamer, i believe it takes the kick out the caffeine. and sweeteners like splenda tends to taste too unnatural.
Old 10-25-2009, 11:38 AM
AIRBORNE

The next issue of my magazine (available nationwide November 1) has an article on brewing better coffee!

Old 10-25-2009, 11:48 AM
86%

home made ftw.

Only time I go to starbucks is when I'm out with the dog, she gets a lot of attention from teh ladies...
Old 10-25-2009, 12:39 PM
Touching My Member

Originally Posted by GoodEyeSniper View Post
home made ftw.

Only time I go to starbucks is when I'm out with the dog, she gets a lot of attention from teh ladies...
When I do drink coffee, I usually stick to it straight up. maybe some creamer if it's around

hahahahhha cool dogs FTW. My old dog Sparco was a ladies man. He was a terrier mix and I'd always put his little shirt on. The back read "bitches love me" and oh man, did they.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Beer Thread OG

I like darker, heartier coffees. I am no connoisseur on coffee.
I alternate between the Folgers Gourmet Supreme tub and Folgers Black Silk tub. They are both the darkest 'normal' Folgers blends.

I've always heard Cafe Du Monde chicory coffee is a strong blend too.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 83 CVCC View Post
You pour some in your coffee to make it taiste different.
Ahhh, gotcha.

Thanks.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:25 AM
Messatsu!

Originally Posted by KOREAN View Post
I've been getting into this stuff. I know some people who can't live without it.

Lately it's just been the Cafe Latte for me.

Question: Is it pointless to order a Iced Caramel Macchiato upside down?
Depends on where you're buying it from. If you're buying Iced upside down Caramel Macchiattos from Starbucks, I can answer your question, regarding Starbucks' drinks.

The difference between a regular Iced "CM", and an upside-down Iced "CM" is that the regular one is layered. The bottom half of the glass is flavored milk, and the top half is espresso and caramel sauce.

Usually, it makes the most sense to swirl your drink around, and mix the layers together before drinking it. At least, that's what makes sense to me, and it's what I usually see other people do when they order a regular Iced "CM".

So the real question is: What's the point of ordering it regular, if you're just going to turn it into an upside-down "CM" as soon as they give it to you?

You might as well eliminate some of the work, and order a drink that will be ready for immediate consumption upon reception.

If you order the drink upside-down, the flavoring, milk, coffee, and caramel sauce will all be thrown into the cup together, and topped with ice.

Now, if we're REALLY going to get to the ultimate question, it must be: Is it pointless to order an Iced "CM" PERIOD.

And the answer is yes.

A Caramel Macchiatto is a Vanilla Latte with Caramel Sauce on top. If you like Caramel, get a f*cking Caramel Latte. It makes sense to get a hot Caramel Macchiatto, because the heat of the drink makes the Caramel Sauce really runny, and it mixes well with the drink.

You know what happens when you put Caramel Sauce on ice? That's right, it turns into cold, hard clumps of f*cking ****, that float around in your cup like **** in a f*cking toilet. THAT'S NOT A GOOD WAY TO GET YOUR CARAMEL FLAVOR PUT INTO YOUR MOUTH.

The best way is to just skip the Vanilla flavoring, and the shitty cold Caramel Sauce, and get yourself an Iced Caramel Latte.

It's a latte.... that tastes like caramel. It's got caramel flavoring in it, which perfectly mixes together with the drink.

Here's another genius idea while we're on the subject of getting a better drink. Order it with NO ICE, and an extra shot of espresso. That way, instead of paying $4.00 for half a cup of milk, and half a cup of ice, you pay $4.50 for a big f*cking cup full of f*cking awesome drink, and a little extra coffee to counter-act the 100% dilution of your drink by the addition of an extra 6 ounces of milk FOR FREE.

If you don't want to drink that much milk, get the next size down, and pay even less!

(btw, I'm not cussing at you. I'm cussing at Starbucks for making their default drinks a rip-off. If you know how to order it right, you can get your money's worth.)
Old 10-26-2009, 12:36 AM
Messatsu!

Originally Posted by AzCivic1.6 View Post
Folgers bitches. mmm mmm, it'll wake you up!
There's a better way to wake up. It's called not being an 8th grade *****, who doesn't wanna wake up for school.

You're a f*cking man. Wake your **** up, and go eat a man's breakfast. A f*cking mountain of fiber, and fat, and protein, and fruit, and eggs, and ****.

Drink some f*cking milk and OJ, and go the f*ck to work. You know what happens a couple hours later?

YOU'RE NOT TIRED. BECAUSE YOU'RE TAKING CARE OF YOUR BODY, AND EATING POWERFUL FOOD, FULL OF NUTRIENTS, AND ****.

You know what else? Exercise every day, and you'll get a hardass night's sleep, wake up refreshed, and do something epic with your f*cking day.

You know why you're tired in the morning when you wake up? Because your intestines are filled with 10 pounds of 30 year old **** that's been stuck to the lining of your bowels, preventing your body from injesting all of the nutrients you need, and filling your body with rotten filth that never goes away.

Clean your body out, eat healthy, exercise, and don't be a dick!

If you need coffee every morning, it's because you're an unhealthy f*ck. So drinking a bathtub full of coffee every year isn't going to make it better.

/generic rant
Old 10-26-2009, 12:38 AM
Messatsu!

You know what else pisses me off? Clowns.

Go get a real job, you f*cking face-painted *******. Clowns haven't been funny for over 80 years. You know what happened? World War I.

People went over to the armpit of the world (Europe), saw millions of people killed for literally no reason, and then when they get back home, some pansy is jumping around with big shoes and a dick up his ***.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:00 AM
MOB Mentality

Originally Posted by Akuma View Post
There's a better way to wake up. It's called not being an 8th grade *****, who doesn't wanna wake up for school.

You're a f*cking man. Wake your **** up, and go eat a man's breakfast. A f*cking mountain of fiber, and fat, and protein, and fruit, and eggs, and ****.

Drink some f*cking milk and OJ, and go the f*ck to work. You know what happens a couple hours later?

YOU'RE NOT TIRED. BECAUSE YOU'RE TAKING CARE OF YOUR BODY, AND EATING POWERFUL FOOD, FULL OF NUTRIENTS, AND ****.

You know what else? Exercise every day, and you'll get a hardass night's sleep, wake up refreshed, and do something epic with your f*cking day.

You know why you're tired in the morning when you wake up? Because your intestines are filled with 10 pounds of 30 year old **** that's been stuck to the lining of your bowels, preventing your body from injesting all of the nutrients you need, and filling your body with rotten filth that never goes away.

Clean your body out, eat healthy, exercise, and don't be a dick!

If you need coffee every morning, it's because you're an unhealthy f*ck. So drinking a bathtub full of coffee every year isn't going to make it better.

/generic rant

M*ther f****

copy/save

Old 10-26-2009, 01:25 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Dogginator View Post
Coffee cures dementia. Aluminum causes dementia. Jamaican coffee is confused.

I drink Bali or Sumatran coffees most often.
i really like coffee from sumatra.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:40 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by Akuma View Post
T... go eat a man's breakfast. A ...mountain of fiber, and fat, and protein, and fruit, and eggs, and ****.
That's not good advice for the majority of people. Mixing that wide a variety of food early in the morning will cause their bodies to slow down to produce what's necessary to digest all that.

That's what "food coma" is...it's your body trying to metabolise a wide variety of mixed glycogens.

Most of us are better off eating a small amount of something. Some of us are better off with a cup of oatmeal, others of us are better off having a single egg.

If you're on the usual daytime working schedule, you can't mix up a bunch of stuff until around 11:30 or noon, and still it shouldn't be a huge mix. Mixing a vegetable like broccoli with some protein like chicken would be good. But then if you go and have a candy bar afterwards, you're going to slow down again.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:00 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

For some, coffee helps them produce a healthy morning poop.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:13 AM
Grandpa

Well, if anybody wondered what's going on at Dogginator's house at 7:00 AM Eastern, I guess he just answered that question.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:27 AM
Daisy... Daisy...

I actually sink the ship before coffee.

My breakfast typically consists of a cup of coffee, an oatmeal bar, and a banana. I find it difficult to eat a large amount right after awakening.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Well, if anybody wondered what's going on at Dogginator's house at 7:00 AM Eastern, I guess he just answered that question.
A cup a day keeps the bowels at play!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Coffee Thread.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.