Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Beastie boy fans.....

Old 08-12-2004, 02:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Beastie boy fans.....

Anyone check out the new Green Lantern Beastie Boys: New York State Of Mind

Pretty good remixes on it. I haven't listened to the whole thing yet, but so far
Old 08-12-2004, 02:15 PM

Default Re: Beastie boy fans..... (loki2323)

Old Beastie Boys > New Beastie boys. Especially since that one guy apologized for a lot of there older lyrics.
Old 08-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Z
Old User.

Default Re: Beastie boy fans..... (TheAntiEggroll)

To me the beastie boys will always be posers with little actual skill.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Beastie boy fans..... (Z)

Thats nice....I wasn't asking if people liked them or not, I was letting the people that DO like them know this cd is worth checking out
Old 08-13-2004, 07:32 AM
Z
Old User.

Default Re: Beastie boy fans..... (loki2323)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by loki2323 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thats nice....I wasn't asking if people liked them or not, I was letting the people that DO like them know this cd is worth checking out</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well, that's cool. I just don't like them and felt like posting.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:34 AM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Z &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">To me the beastie boys will always be posers with little actual skill. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Huh? Little skill? They write their own lyrics, produce most of their beats, play intruments, and Mike and Ad Rock aren't too bad on the 1 and 2's. How many people do you know that can musically do all that? What makes them posers?
Old 08-13-2004, 07:38 AM
Z
Old User.

Default Re: Beastie boy fans..... (816d16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 816d16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Huh? Little skill? They write their own lyrics, produce most of their beats, play intruments, and Mike and Ad Rock aren't too bad on the 1 and 2's. How many people do you know that can musically do all that? What makes them posers?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Becuase they styarted as a punk band and then turned "hip-hop" or what ever you want to call them. I don't like their beats and I think they rap shitty. Other than that, they do play their instruments well. It's just my opinion, nothing more.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:42 AM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Z &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Becuase they styarted as a punk band and then turned "hip-hop" or what ever you want to call them. I don't like their beats and I think they rap shitty. Other than that, they do play their instruments well. It's just my opinion, nothing more. </TD></TR></TABLE>

No, that's fine. To each their own. If you don't like them that's fine.

I just didn't understand what made them "posers" and not have much skill.

BTW, Rick Rueban made the "Licensed to Ill Beasties". They are little of everything. "Check your Head" has a lot of punk songs. I think they've just expanded their musical boundaries.
Old 08-13-2004, 07:46 AM

Default Re: Beastie boy fans..... (816d16)

Beastie boys rock! I always liked them when I was little. But now they have seemed to lose thier edge. They are not as tough anymore and they need to stop apologizing to people. They should be called the Beastie Girls or something.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheAntiEggroll &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Old Beastie Boys &gt; New Beastie boys. Especially since that one guy apologized for a lot of there older lyrics. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Could not agree more.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.