Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Auto Meter air/fuel guage sucks

Old 11-10-2003, 11:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Auto Meter air/fuel guage sucks

I got a autometer air fuel gauge and all i can say is im dissapointed. How comes sometimes the light goes from lean to rich to lean to rich back and forth , it makes no sense, but when i go wot it goes to rich so i know its reading right. How does the apexi gauge compare to this one?
Old 11-10-2003, 11:55 PM

Default Re: Auto Meter air/fuel guage sucks (TurboTeG4)

If you want real time and accurate A/F, then you need a wideband O2 setup.
Old 11-11-2003, 08:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Auto Meter air/fuel guage sucks (tonyXcom)

how do you think the apexi air fuel guage is, im going to prob also get a wideband for the side, runnin the wideband all the time is not good for the sensor??
Old 11-11-2003, 09:06 PM

I dont know, sounds like a question for the forced induction forum.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Auto Meter air/fuel guage sucks (tonyXcom)

you have the 4 wire o2 sensor now? then it shouldnt be that bad of a reading. might want to invest in the wide band. my a/f meter dances around too. i hardly use it for that reason. its annoying to watch.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:17 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboTeG4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How comes sometimes the light goes from lean to rich to lean to rich back and forth , it makes no sense, but when i go wot it goes to rich so i know its reading right.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Because that is what air/fuel gauges do. The car is constantly swinging back and forth and adjusting the mixture as you drive. Maybe you should understand what something is, and what it does BEFORE you buy one. Seems pointless to waste the money on something that serves you no purpose other than looking "tite".

A/F meters in a car are 98% useless anyway. If you see it go full lean and stay there what can you do about it other than stop? Nothing. If your car ISN'T FI then the gauge is 100% useless.

They serve their purpose when tuning the car - at which time a wideband should be used. Having one for daily driving is a waste of money. You'd get more use out of $100 worth of fuzzy dice.
Old 11-12-2003, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Auto Meter air/fuel guage sucks (Evil Drew M)

Yeah I hear you, im goin to by the innovate wideband, I need this for tuning the fuel system as the dyno guys charge like 90 bucks to use theres if you know what i mean. You sure did emphasize BEFORE hehe luckily im not a child and no engine concepts

Modified by TurboTeG4 at 7:41 AM 11/13/2003

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.