Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any info on Dale Earnhardt Jr's Vette?

Old 11-01-2003, 09:12 PM

Default Any info on Dale Earnhardt Jr's Vette?

Hi guys.
i was watching this show that interviewed Dale Earnhardt Jr, and he was showing off some of his cars. Anyway, he has this bright yellow corvette and he said only 2 were ever made. 1 of the 2 was given to his father and him. The car looks heavily modded on the outside, possibly by the factory. I was wondering if anyone has some info about the vette.
Old 11-01-2003, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any info on Dale Earnhardt Jr's Vette? (AntiRice Superstar)

Didn't that Dave Earnhardt guy die recently?

Old 11-01-2003, 09:19 PM

Default Re: Any info on Dale Earnhardt Jr's Vette? (jond)

Dale Earnhardt Sr died, his son is still alive.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:15 PM
I didn't ask for a dime.

Default Re: Any info on Dale Earnhardt Jr's Vette? (AresFD3S)

Dale and Dale Jr. did participate in a 24hr race. They were co-drivers in a race-prepped C5 (C5-R). The paint scheme was yellow aside from the graphics, similar to the one shown on VH1. I imagine they are "street legal" versions of the C5-R.
Old 11-01-2003, 10:29 PM
shit post warrior

Default Re: Any info on Dale Earnhardt Jr's Vette? (JSM)

I heard Dale Jr. signed a deal with a team to drive their Porsche 911 racecar in the one of the endurance races next year. I'd love to see his skills at roadracing!

Anybody else hear this news?
Old 11-01-2003, 10:32 PM

Default Re: Any info on Dale Earnhardt Jr's Vette? (ITRbroham)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ITRbroham &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I heard Dale Jr. signed a deal with a team to drive their Porsche 911 racecar in the one of the endurance races next year. I'd love to see his skills at roadracing!</TD></TR></TABLE>

He's gonna spin out on the first right hander . . .
Old 11-01-2003, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Any info on Dale Earnhardt Jr's Vette? (FrreeeBird)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FrreeeBird &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

He's gonna spin out on the first right hander . . . </TD></TR></TABLE>
I'm guessing that you dont watch NASCAR, because if you did, you'd realize that Dale Jr. is one of the best road course drivers on the Winston Cup Circuit. He repeatedly places up top on road courses, and I seriously doubt that any race team would put him in a car if he couldn't handle it.
Old 11-01-2003, 11:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any info on Dale Earnhardt Jr's Vette? (B18cEK)

The vette he is talking about has a 427ci motor in it, that i believe is making ~600hp. They also made ~60 Camaros w/ that motor in it as well. A friend of mine had one on his lot for awhile, he just sold it for ~$100k. I know the Camaros had a 427ci, 600hp, 12:1 CR, there is a plate on the engine stating that
Old 11-02-2003, 06:15 AM
Don't call it a comeback

Default Re: Any info on Dale Earnhardt Jr's Vette? (94Accord)

Dale Jr. is a hell of a driver. If anyone didnt see him and his dad in the 24hr, it was amazing to see how well these Nascar drivers were against the road corse drivers.

I have seen one of those Camaros. Words cant describe how bad they are. Whoever has one is very luck
Old 11-02-2003, 07:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Any info on Dale Earnhardt Jr's Vette? (OG Stunna)

Dale Jr. raced shifter karts, and in scca for a while before going to winston cup. Most Nascar drivers are ex shifter kart kings, or the smaller stockcar races kings. Dale Jr. is an amazing driver, and i'd love to see him go at it in a DP car, or a lemans on a Porsche 911 GT3.
Old 11-02-2003, 07:43 AM

Default Re: Any info on Dale Earnhardt Jr's Vette? (B18cEK)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by B18cEK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'm guessing that you dont watch NASCAR, because if you did, you'd realize that Dale Jr. is one of the best road course drivers on the Winston Cup Circuit. He repeatedly places up top on road courses, and I seriously doubt that any race team would put him in a car if he couldn't handle it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm guessing that you don't know anything about sarcasm or having a sense of humor.
Old 11-02-2003, 10:13 AM

yeah his yellow vette has a shitload of cf, it weighs in at 2500 pounds...... This car is the ****
Old 11-02-2003, 05:21 PM

Default Re: Any info on Dale Earnhardt Jr's Vette? (94Accord)

the c5-r vette racing motor in a 426 small block. the old camaros that came with 427s were big blocks. the 427bbs in the camaro were really hot from the factory though

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.