Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

American Airlines BANS "Emotional Support Animals"

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

American Airlines BANS "Emotional Support Animals"

Old 02-08-2019, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: American Airlines BANS "Emotional Support Animals"

I'm okay with this, but I also okay with dogs flying. Personally, I think it's a rip off that the airlines charge you $100 - $125 to bring your dog on the plane when they have to be crated and fit under the seat, and it counts against your carry on luggage limit. The airlines don't lift a finger where this is concerned but of course they charge you.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:29 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

I'm personally against animals period on flights in the passenger compartment. You cant have peanuts anywhere in public these days but feel free to bring your shedding and shitting Pomeranian into an enclosed cylinder with recirculating air....NO.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:20 PM
HNIC

Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
vtecvoodoo is my emotional support animal.
true story
Old 02-08-2019, 12:28 PM

Dogs are evolving fast in front of our eyes. When I was a kid, all dogs "kick dirt" when they go #2.

Then some dogs in the city would kick their rear legs to fake it, and just go through the motion of kicking dirt.

Today, dogs don't do that anymore. Do #2 and then walk away. No shame, no need to bury that **** anymore.
Old 02-08-2019, 12:34 PM
Paragraph Alert

Originally Posted by BeeResp0nsible View Post
I'm okay with this, but I also okay with dogs flying. Personally, I think it's a rip off that the airlines charge you $100 - $125 to bring your dog on the plane when they have to be crated and fit under the seat, and it counts against your carry on luggage limit. The airlines don't lift a finger where this is concerned but of course they charge you.
Is this a joke post? Surely with about 10 seconds of thought you can comprehend the reason that an airline might make flying a freaking animal a notable charge.

Old 02-08-2019, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GoLowDrew View Post
Dogs are evolving fast in front of our eyes. When I was a kid, all dogs "kick dirt" when they go #2.

Then some dogs in the city would kick their rear legs to fake it, and just go through the motion of kicking dirt.

Today, dogs don't do that anymore. Do #2 and then walk away. No shame, no need to bury that **** anymore.
Interdasting.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:20 PM
GDD Member

Originally Posted by SIRIUS View Post
I re-branded recently, you must have missed the live IG. I now go by "THE GEHLord". I like that better.

#goldenerahonda
We're getting a little bit too old to be pulling this type of crap. If this GEH stuff was part of an elaborate long troll, then hat's off to you for making a bunch of people look like complete fools by using your coined phrase.

If you're being serious though, then ummm.... Kudos on your new Lordship. Shall we call you GEHLord or do we still call you Zoltan?
Old 02-08-2019, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by GoLowDrew View Post

Just like the way people drive, or should I say act.
Old 02-08-2019, 04:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by SIRIUS View Post
I re-branded recently, you must have missed the live IG. I now go by "THE GEHLord". I like that better.

#goldenerahonda
Sorry man, the first thing that goes thru my mind
https://www.officedepot.com/a/produc...gated-Cartons/
Old 02-08-2019, 06:01 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by slomofo View Post
We're getting a little bit too old to be pulling this type of crap. If this GEH stuff was part of an elaborate long troll, then hat's off to you for making a bunch of people look like complete fools by using your coined phrase.

If you're being serious though, then ummm.... Kudos on your new Lordship. Shall we call you GEHLord or do we still call you Zoltan?
Look at who I'm replying to in that post 😂
Old 02-08-2019, 06:02 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Originally Posted by DaIll1 View Post
Sorry man, the first thing that goes thru my mind
https://www.officedepot.com/a/produc...gated-Cartons/
Haha I had no idea
Old 02-08-2019, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

blame it on the people who gotten out of control with that ****.
Old 02-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by ActiveAero View Post
Is this a joke post? Surely with about 10 seconds of thought you can comprehend the reason that an airline might make flying a freaking animal a notable charge.
Not a joke. Why?
Old 02-08-2019, 07:46 PM
Bart Taylor Look-alike

One time I was on flight and a lady had a penguin.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Rad Racing View Post
That just sounds so wrong
Old 02-09-2019, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Gold Member

Abuse the system and this is what they get.
Old 02-09-2019, 01:43 PM
I took way too long

emo animals lollin
Old 02-09-2019, 05:22 PM
Paragraph Alert

Not a joke. Why?
1. Because animals don't defy the laws of physics and have mass like everything else.
2. Because airlines have to deal with the issues that potentially come with a living creature on board and need a way to cover their ***.
3. Because commercial passenger cabins turning into animal filled sh*t smelling zoos when everyone can bring their pet on board with no penalty would turn away more customers than it would attract.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Cabin is tight AF, you see any room for dogs?
Old 02-10-2019, 03:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

1. Because animals don't defy the laws of physics and have mass like everything else.
Dogs that ride in the cabin have to fit into a specific sized crate that has to fit under the seat in front of you. This also counts against your carry on (that is typically free) so they do not take up any additional space than what is usually allowed.

2. Because airlines have to deal with the issues that potentially come with a living creature on board and need a way to cover their ***.
Again, a dog is supposed to be crated and stored under the seat in front of you. They aren't supposed to be out and roaming around. When we traveled with our dog Oscar, nobody was even aware that he was on the plane with us because he stayed in his crate under the seat.

3. Because commercial passenger cabins turning into animal filled sh*t smelling zoos when everyone can bring their pet on board with no penalty would turn away more customers than it would attract.
99.99% of dogs will NOT mess in their crates, unless they are sick. I find most humans to be more disgusting on a plane (shitting in the bathroom, pissing on the toilet seat, passing gas, etc).

Originally Posted by tony_2018 View Post
Cabin is tight AF, you see any room for dogs?
See my answer to Aero's first question

Babies on flights are a thousand times more unpredictable and cause a greater disruption than the majority of dogs ever could. They cry and they almost always have to be changed. Nothing is worse than sitting on a flight with a baby that won't stop crying.
Old 02-10-2019, 05:55 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by itrSteez View Post
Far different from ... dragging 75lb ...dogs through coach with a middle row seat biting the people around it.
ha ha ha ha ha....

That's the kind of "emotional support" that Alice provides. :-)
Old 02-10-2019, 06:29 AM
Paragraph Alert

Dogs that ride in the cabin have to fit into a specific sized crate that has to fit under the seat in front of you. This also counts against your carry on (that is typically free) so they do not take up any additional space than what is usually allowed.

Again, a dog is supposed to be crated and stored under the seat in front of you. They aren't supposed to be out and roaming around. When we traveled with our dog Oscar, nobody was even aware that he was on the plane with us because he stayed in his crate under the seat.

99.99% of dogs will NOT mess in their crates, unless they are sick. I find most humans to be more disgusting on a plane (shitting in the bathroom, pissing on the toilet seat, passing gas, etc).

See my answer to Aero's first question

Babies on flights are a thousand times more unpredictable and cause a greater disruption than the majority of dogs ever could. They cry and they almost always have to be changed. Nothing is worse than sitting on a flight with a baby that won't stop crying.
Are you honestly arguing that you can't see the difference in liability and potential disruptions from a live animal in a crate vs in an inanimate bag?

Babies are humans. Commercial passenger flight is primarily for humans. Most airlines don't want to turn their commercial cabins into free animal transport because they likely fear the consequences of people abusing it.

Old 02-10-2019, 06:37 AM
rookn00b

Originally Posted by Rad Racing View Post
Old 02-10-2019, 06:47 AM
Drunk Wagon Pilot

PWhen a cockatoo is designated as an emotional support animal we truly have strayed far from God

Also if you can’t afford to have your animal boarded or whatever for a flight/trip then you probably shouldn’t be traveling if you’re that hard up for money
Old 02-10-2019, 07:11 AM
Grandpa

Parrots are pretty smart, and decent companions.

Not much for defensive purposes, but they're damned smart.

Now that you've made me think of it, all of the crow-like birds are also really very smart. Surprising. Crows, magpies, ravens, all of them.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.