Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Altria split up

Old 01-10-2008, 05:22 PM
AIRBORNE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Altria split up

What do you guys think the outcome of the Altria Group will be with them planning on splitting the international and domestic operations of Phillis Morris [world's biggest ciggarette maker] into two seperate publically traded companies? The international unit, Phillip Morris International, to be spun off to shareholders, will be severed from Phillip Morris USA.

Rumours have set this to be around March, but the board will vote on Jan 30 on a specific time.

With this deadline rapidy approaching, would this be something worth getting into? Affects on stock?

Discuss?
Old 01-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Altria split up (Odiedogcx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Odiedogcx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What do you guys think the outcome of the Altria Group will be with them planning on splitting the international and domestic operations of Phillis Morris [world's biggest ciggarette maker] into two seperate publically traded companies? The international unit, Phillip Morris International, to be spun off to shareholders, will be severed from Phillip Morris USA.

Rumours have set this to be around March, but the board will vote on Jan 30 on a specific time.

With this deadline rapidy approaching, would this be something worth getting into? Affects on stock?

Discuss?</TD></TR></TABLE>Whatever effect on the stock has already been placed into the current price of the stock (in theory of course) Good move for MO IMO considering the North American market has been stagnant for years. International markets are looking very attractive to their customers.

Old 01-11-2008, 02:50 AM
AIRBORNE

Default Re: Altria split up (Matgallis)

I forgot to mention that with each share of Altria stock you have, you are given like .6 (this is off the top of my head as i dont have the source directly in front of me) of the new stock as well.

How does exactly does that work? Does that make it more worthwhile to look into?
Old 01-11-2008, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Altria split up (Odiedogcx)

This catalyst along with the recession fears have already been priced in this stock imo. This stock will continue to climb as long everything else continues to do poorly. People aren't going to quit smoking all together anytime soon and that's a fact.

Disclosure: Long MO and looking to buy more