African Black Death - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

African Black Death

Old 11-13-2017, 02:17 PM   #1
the new acmoc

Default African Black Death

Check the links for video/pictures
https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/i...ing-in-africa/
Quote:
Plague is Starting in Africa
Posted Oct 9, 2017 by Martin Armstrong

Panic has ensued in Madagascar where a recent outbreak of the plague has claimed the lives of at least 24 people. Prime Minister Olivier Mahafaly Solonandrasana has announced a ban on all public gatherings and demonstrations in effect until the outbreak can be contained.

The plague is a deadly disease caused by the Yersinia pestis bacteria. It usually begins as the bubonic plague, which is spread from small mammals (such as rats) and fleas to humans. If detected early, the bubonic plague can generally be treated and controlled with antibiotics and proper environmental measures. However, half of all reported cases in Madagascar are the pneumonic plague –- the deadliest form of the disease.

The pneumonic plague is transmitted person to person. Since this form of the plague is airborne, it spreads extremely rapidly and can have catastrophic consequences. Those who contract the pneumonic plague must be treated immediately as it can be fatal within less than 24 hours of onset.

Health officials in Madagascar are now rushing to identify anyone who has come into contact with those affected. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), those at risk will be treated with antibiotics and possibly quarantined.

Formerly known as the “Black Death,” this is the same plague that claimed the lives of 50 million Europeans during the Middle Ages. The disease first reached Europe in October 1347 and quickly turned into a contagion that destroyed nearly 1/3 of the population.

https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/lat...O-alert-Malawi
Quote:
Black Death latest: New country on alert as plague outbreak threatens to SPREAD

MALAWI has been put on high alert as the devastating plague outbreak in Madagascar continues to escalate.
By Charlotte Ikonen / Published 10th November 2017

At least 143 people have died and 2,000 have been infected since the outbreak began in early August.

Nine surrounding African countries were previously told to brace for the disease.

They include South Africa, Mozambique, Tanzania Kenya, Ethiopia, Comoros, the Seychelles, Mauritius and Reunion.

But now Malawi’s health secretary has confirmed the country is ready for any outbreaks amid concerns over the African nation’s “porous borders”.

Principal Secretary in the Ministry of Health, Dr Dan Namarika, said Malawi has “cross border teams that interface with our Mozambique counterparts”.

Mozambique is located between Malawi and Madagascar and would likely report plague cases before they hit Malawi, but the country’s health officials have been briefed on plague symptoms just in case there are any outbreaks.

Dr Namarika added: “We have infection prevention materials ready and groups and teams ready to be activated if there is a trigger.”

The last plague cases in Malawi were reported in 2002.

While outbreaks are not uncommon, officials have confirmed there have never been so many reported pneumonic cases.

Cases have risen by 8% in just one week and scientists frantically working to make sure the airborne infection doesn’t spread to mainland Africa.

Pneumonic plague – a relative of the Black Death – can kill in as little as 24 hours and there have been nearly 2,000 cases reported in Madagascar.

Health expert Professor Jimmy Whitworth described the current outbreak as the "worst in 50 years or more".

Locals have blamed the outbreak on villagers digging up their ancestors for a ritual known as Famadihana.

There are already fears the outbreak could last for another five months as Madagascar enters the rainy season.

WHO experts revealed they “cannot rule out” the possibility of spikes in cases lasting until April 2018.

Comparisons have been made between the Madagascar outbreak this year and the 14th century Black Death, one of the worst plague outbreaks in human history which is widely believed to have caused the world population to shrink from an estimated 450 million down to 350–375 million in the 14th century.
https://africanplague.org/
https://africanplague.com/
Must not be that big a deal yet, those domains are still available.
signalpuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:28 PM   #2
Oracle of GDD

Default Re: African Black Death

Try to hide your excitement
Ross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:32 PM   #3
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

Scary stuff
816d16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:33 PM   #4
Prairie Dog Breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ross View Post
...not sure what he did wrong. To be honest I have not heard about this until now, which is ignorant on my part.
93Accord117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:36 PM   #5
Leasing Enthusiast

I watch Snake City on Nat Geo and every time that guy enters a village there are like 30-40 kids running around... They seriously have like 8 or 9 kids per household. Lack of food also has caused some to start killing local animals for bush meat. Pisses me off them killing and eating rare monkeys and fish.
R.a.w. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:42 PM   #6
2x0
Honda-Tech Member

I thought the plague was only scary before there were antibiotics or something...

2x0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:51 PM   #7
GDD's Dr. Phil?

They're afraid that if it spreads to Europe, it could mutate, and will not be immediately treatable.
oneludesol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:54 PM   #8
Hates Logic

bluuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 05:58 PM   #9
Hates Logic

From the CNN link above:

Quote:
Plague outbreaks are typical in Madagascar, with an estimated 400 cases each year.

The unusual spread of pneumonic plague in this outbreak was due to one infected person who traveled to find care early in the outbreak, infecting people along the way. Its arrival in cities, along with the outbreak beginning three months earlier than usual, further aided the spread of infection
bluuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 07:57 PM   #10
Cogent Argument Enthusiast

Dustin Hoffman on the case yet?
Uncle Ben's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 08:06 PM   #11
Plead da Fif

Must be the work of evil, racist white scientists.
It Wasn't Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 01:29 AM   #12
I collect venereal diseases

Quote:
Amazing. You take a quoted article and immediately try to make the thread about racism.
ZTwentyH8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 04:42 AM   #13
at the jetties fishin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluuu View Post
I mean I almost have to call bullshit on this. it cant physically replicate that fast to levels high enough to go terminal on a full grown man. I mean its just not physically possible, it doesnt even replicate at half the speed of e.coli, which in log growth, can divide every 30 minutes. unless....conspiracy! It is pneumonic vs. bubonic so it only has to cause the lungs to hemmorage and fill up and choke them out I guess...
stackz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:33 AM   #14
El Chico

Quote:
Originally Posted by stackz View Post
I mean I almost have to call bullshit on this. it cant physically replicate that fast to levels high enough to go terminal on a full grown man. I mean its just not physically possible, it doesnt even replicate at half the speed of e.coli, which in log growth, can divide every 30 minutes. unless....conspiracy! It is pneumonic vs. bubonic so it only has to cause the lungs to hemmorage and fill up and choke them out I guess...
Dr. Stackz PhD Professor Emeritus Johns Hopkins University School of Infectious Diseases
Knightsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:41 AM   #15
Honda-Tech Member

Is the nickname my wife gave her boyfriends penor.
jonshonda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:44 AM   #16
Grandpa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluuu View Post
Eek. 24 hours to death?
Those funny looking masks (plague doctor) from hundreds of years ago were because at some point people realized there was an especially deadly form of the plague that was transmitted in the air.
George Knighton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 05:46 AM   #17
Grandpa

Attached Images

Old 11-14-2017, 05:55 AM   #18
Grandpa

Quote:
It is pneumonic vs. bubonic so it only has to cause the lungs to hemmorage and fill up and choke them out I guess...
Pneumonic plague might follow an outbreak of bubonic plague, if it occurs naturally.

A patient with pneumonic plague can die in as little as 48 hours after onset of symptoms, and people have been known to die in as little as 36 hours.

You can have the bacteria in your system for as much as a week before onset of symptoms, but when the symptoms start your doctors have to move quickly. The bacteria causes respiratory failure and severe shock.

If you are someplace without doctors and you cannot get to physicians quickly, or the only doctors available are unfamiliar with what is happening, you're just going to die.

The bacteria is well known because of germ warfare experiments that started in the 30's and continued up to Operation Ozone and Operation Negation.

Royal oversight caused the total ban of biological weapons of this type in 1956, after those two operations revealed that there would likely be a 100% mortality rate and potential planetary devastation if the weapons were released. For some reason, Winston Churchill was a supporter of the development of these weapons.

From 1956, the UK would rely solely on its nuclear deterrent for ultimate insurance.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:05 AM   #19
at the jetties fishin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightsport View Post
Dr. Stackz PhD Professor Emeritus Johns Hopkins University School of Infectious Diseases
no PhD but I do have a masters in micro....
Old 11-14-2017, 07:06 AM   #20
at the jetties fishin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
Pneumonic plague might follow an outbreak of bubonic plague, if it occurs naturally.

A patient with pneumonic plague can die in as little as 48 hours after onset of symptoms, and people have been known to die in as little as 36 hours.

You can have the bacteria in your system for as much as a week before onset of symptoms, but when the symptoms start your doctors have to move quickly. The bacteria causes respiratory failure and severe shock.

If you are someplace without doctors and you cannot get to physicians quickly, or the only doctors available are unfamiliar with what is happening, you're just going to die.

The bacteria is well known because of germ warfare experiments that started in the 30's and continued up to Operation Ozone and Operation Negation.

Royal oversight caused the total ban of biological weapons of this type in 1956, after those two operations revealed that there would likely be a 100% mortality rate and potential planetary devastation if the weapons were released. For some reason, Winston Churchill was a supporter of the development of these weapons.

From 1956, the UK would rely solely on its nuclear deterrent for ultimate insurance.
thats not how yersinia works man. its completely opportunistic and goes log phase as soon as its in the human body. its like toyland for it.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:25 AM   #21
0x5359-0055

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2x0 View Post
I thought the plague was only scary before there were antibiotics or something...

Guess you might be worried to find out that the world is running out of antibiotics, and that their overuse in meat production and medical prescription is giving rise to superbugs then.

Sleep well
213374U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:51 AM   #22
Plead da Fif

Quote:
Originally Posted by 213374U View Post
Guess you might be worried to find out that the world is running out of antibiotics, and that their overuse in meat production and medical prescription is giving rise to superbugs then.

Sleep well
Horsepucky! Our masters made this up so they can say, "See! We told you this would happen!" after having unleashed a bio-weapon for population reduction.
It Wasn't Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:53 AM   #23
Team Purple

Quote:
thats not how yersinia works man. its completely opportunistic and goes log phase as soon as its in the human body. its like toyland for it.
FrreeeBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:59 AM   #24
aka DaZman69!

Quote:
black people from africa = normal nice courteous people for the most part
black people from US = *********
sflkgjsfndgn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 08:02 AM   #25
El Chico

Quote:
no PhD but I do have a masters in micro....
Just busting your *****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post
black people from africa = normal nice courteous people for the most part
black people from US = *********
Jesus man.

Try to hide your racism a little better.
Knightsport is offline   Reply With Quote