Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Active aero gtfih

 
Old 03-05-2019, 07:03 PM
  #1  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 41
Default Active aero gtfih

Since you have been in the oil field a long while now and had a pretty good plan about saving your money while at sea, has everything thing been what you expected and are you seeing a end goal soon?
Pepe14 is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 03:14 AM
  #2  
Imgur Lives Matter
 
90hatch94dsm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: on a bed of #8 stone
Posts: 330
Default Re: Active aero gtfih

TFW new baby at home and you figure out a way to leave for 6 months to get some sleep

90hatch94dsm is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 05:23 AM
  #3  
Paragraph Alert
 
ActiveAero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Oil rig, middle of the ocean
Posts: 5,069
Default Re: Active aero gtfih

Originally Posted by Pepe14 View Post
Since you have been in the oil field a long while now and had a pretty good plan about saving your money while at sea, has everything thing been what you expected and are you seeing a end goal soon?
Things totally didn't go as planned lol. About a year and a half in the downturn happened which threw a kink in things.

1. Savings. Good, definitely been able to stack a hunk of cash.
2. Schedule and pay. Pay progression was definitely hindered by the downturn but it has been slowly recovering. Schedule used to be equal time on/off (example work two weeks, get two weeks off) but it hasn't been like that in a while. Position progression has been good, moved from bottom to now being a manager.
3. Goal now is to be a consultant back on land. The major oil companies use guys like me to watch their wells remotely with set equal time on/off schedules and a lot more pay. I've been getting majorly teased lately so crossing fingers on a position soon (literally thought I had one a few weeks ago but they are still waiting). It's the dream job.
4. After 5.5 years offshore life is getting a little old. If I had an equal time on/off schedule again it would be fine but I've been working my butt off this past year and getting burned out.

Originally Posted by 90hatch94dsm View Post
TFW new baby at home and you figure out a way to leave for 6 months to get some sleep

One guy I work with has 5 kids. He said coming to work is his vacation lol.
ActiveAero is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 05:32 AM
  #4  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,741
Default Re: Active aero gtfih

Originally Posted by ActiveAero View Post
Things totally didn't go as planned lol. About a year and a half in the downturn happened which threw a kink in things.

1. Savings. Good, definitely been able to stack a hunk of cash.
2. Schedule and pay. Pay progression was definitely hindered by the downturn but it has been slowly recovering. Schedule used to be equal time on/off (example work two weeks, get two weeks off) but it hasn't been like that in a while. Position progression has been good, moved from bottom to now being a manager.
3. Goal now is to be a consultant back on land. The major oil companies use guys like me to watch their wells remotely with set equal time on/off schedules and a lot more pay. I've been getting majorly teased lately so crossing fingers on a position soon (literally thought I had one a few weeks ago but they are still waiting). It's the dream job.
4. After 5.5 years offshore life is getting a little old. If I had an equal time on/off schedule again it would be fine but I've been working my butt off this past year and getting burned out.
You sound like somebody we both know before he left.
George Knighton is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 05:53 AM
  #5  
Paragraph Alert
 
ActiveAero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Oil rig, middle of the ocean
Posts: 5,069
Default Re: Active aero gtfih

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
You sound like somebody we both know before he left.
Yeah I know lol.
ActiveAero is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 09:53 AM
  #6  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 41
Default Re: Active aero gtfih

Originally Posted by 90hatch94dsm View Post
TFW new baby at home and you figure out a way to leave for 6 months to get some sleep


the baby decided to wake up at 2am and didnt fall back asleep till 430

we were watching cleetus vids the whole time
Pepe14 is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 10:02 AM
  #7  
Honda-Tech Member
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 41
Default Re: Active aero gtfih

Originally Posted by ActiveAero View Post
Things totally didn't go as planned lol. About a year and a half in the downturn happened which threw a kink in things.

1. Savings. Good, definitely been able to stack a hunk of cash.
2. Schedule and pay. Pay progression was definitely hindered by the downturn but it has been slowly recovering. Schedule used to be equal time on/off (example work two weeks, get two weeks off) but it hasn't been like that in a while. Position progression has been good, moved from bottom to now being a manager.
3. Goal now is to be a consultant back on land. The major oil companies use guys like me to watch their wells remotely with set equal time on/off schedules and a lot more pay. I've been getting majorly teased lately so crossing fingers on a position soon (literally thought I had one a few weeks ago but they are still waiting). It's the dream job.
4. After 5.5 years offshore life is getting a little old. If I had an equal time on/off schedule again it would be fine but I've been working my butt off this past year and getting burned out.



One guy I work with has 5 kids. He said coming to work is his vacation lol.

ahhh man i was hoping for an amazing im about to retire update.

Pepe14 is offline  
Old 03-06-2019, 10:38 AM
  #8  
Cogent Argument Enthusiast
 
Uncle Ben's's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Completing my training with my Supreme Leader
Posts: 8,023
Default Re: Active aero gtfih

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
You sound like somebody we both know before he left.
Was it the paragraph structure?
Uncle Ben's is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.