Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

abortion

Old 04-08-2002, 11:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default abortion

i am sorry, but first of all, i would like to say that one of the biggest problems i see with this nation today is the removal of "right" or "wrong." Instead, it turns into a "decision" or a "choice." enough of that..here it goes.

today, i found out that 2 of my friends had abortions on friday. [they have no relation to each other]

what's the deal?!?!?! If you don't want a baby, quit having sex!!
Old 04-08-2002, 11:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: abortion (Lee Chun)

I dont know about abortion. I understand the whole womans right to choose thing and all that crap. but if somthing like incest or rape causes a child abortion at ANY time in the pregnancy is acceptable. imagine having a baby of the rapist. (sp) every time you look at your child it brings back all the pain etc. and for like teenagers having sex, it can ruin your life. an early abortion should be ok but later in the pregnancy its not acceptable.
Old 04-08-2002, 11:54 PM

Uh oh...Sensitive topic...
Old 04-09-2002, 01:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: abortion (KAMiN)

I dont know about abortion. I understand the whole womans right to choose thing and all that crap. but if somthing like incest or rape causes a child abortion at ANY time in the pregnancy is acceptable. imagine having a baby of the rapist. (sp) every time you look at your child it brings back all the pain etc. and for like teenagers having sex, it can ruin your life. an early abortion should be ok but later in the pregnancy its not acceptable.
i agree. if you choose the abortion route it should be because of certain circumstances and not just because you felt like it.

EDITh........... i think this thread is gonna cause some serious drama. let see how long it will last.

[Modified by dirtySOHC's, 10:11 AM 4/9/2002]
Old 04-09-2002, 03:49 AM

I agree with abortion soley because **** happens... condoms break, contraceptives don't work, etc... A friend of mine recently found out she is pregnant, and shes only 19 (on the pill of course). Shes not secure financially, so I have no idea how shes gonna take care of the child, but shes decided to put off college to have the baby... She is lucky enough to have her lover ready to marry her.

Oh, and because I'm sure it'll come up, I think disagreeing with abortion JUST from a religious point of view is stupid, but hey, thats me, and I hate religion.

As was said, I think if abortion is gonna happen, it should be right after conception. That partial birth abortion **** where they take the almost completely developed fetus and kill it is sick... The way I see it, after you find out you're pregnant, you have a few weeks to decide what to do, otherwise you're gonna have a child

[Modified by fOmaNPu, 6:50 AM 4/9/2002]
Old 04-09-2002, 05:01 AM
New User

Default Re: abortion (fOmaNPu)

abortion should remain to be a right to whomever that it may be needed for...but i agree that it should never be done late in pregnancy...
Old 04-09-2002, 05:05 AM
New User

Default Re: abortion (nickh2k1)

abortion should remain to be a right to whomever that it may be needed for...but i agree that it should never be done late in pregnancy...
Old 04-09-2002, 05:09 AM
New User

Default Re: abortion (DunReit)

I am Catholic and they preach that abortion in ANY situation is wrong. I strongly believe that it is none of anyone's business but the woman's. It is her choice. I agree that there is a lot of immaturity around, and they see abortion as an easy way out. It's sad.
Old 04-09-2002, 06:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: abortion (blue95accord)

see there are pills out there that you can take called the morning after pill if the condom breaks and if something else happens that you get at a health department. you an take if for up to 3 days after the accident but its only like 25% effective after the 2nd day. most people don't know about this and wouldn't do it because they are embaressed to go and ask for something like that but to me i would think it would be worth it rather than getting pregnant and having an abortion. i do think it is the womans choice though, its her body. yes it bothers me to know that there are kids out there having sex and getting pregnant and then getting an abortion and then going right back to sex. i wuld think they would learn thats what got them in trouble to begin with and would chill out with that kinda stuff. but i gues most people don't care. oh well i'm rambling but i think that abortion shouldn't be allowed after like 2 months. i think you alllowed to go up to 4 months or something like that now
Old 04-09-2002, 06:55 AM
New User

I personally feel if someone accidently gets pregnant and feels they would not be able to provide well for their child, they should get an abortion. Why would someone have a kid if they couldn't afford it and wouldn't even want it?

[Modified by Lovebuzz13, 10:56 AM 4/9/2002]
Old 04-09-2002, 07:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: abortion (Lovebuzz13)

I personally feel if someone accidently gets pregnant and feels they would not be able to provide well for their child, they should get an abortion. Why would someone have a kid if they couldn't afford it and wouldn't even want it?
Then perhaps that person should consider the consequences of having sex?
Old 04-09-2002, 07:26 AM
New User

Default Re: abortion (Stumpy)

Yes, they should. But still, it is their choice on whether or not they want that child. I'm sure it is not easy to have an abortion, it's something that you'd live with the rest of your life.
Old 04-09-2002, 07:34 AM
YodaIsGod

my modern morals and catholic morals conflict all the time on this issue.

i can't make a judgement on something i have yet to expirence close too in my life.

so...case by case basis, i say.

Old 04-09-2002, 07:37 AM
New User

I think that every women has the rigt to her own decison, after all, it's the women who is giving life to her child. I think that a child should be kept unless of abnormal circumstances like rape or something. But i mean, she shouldnt raise a child i sh knows she cant care for it. Abortion is a very touchy subject. There is no right or wrong.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: abortion (AngelEyes)

Men shouldn't even be discussing this topic. I would leave this to the women.
Old 04-09-2002, 08:09 AM

Default Re: abortion (jl74)

My point of view. Abortion is murder.

You obviously aren't responsible enough to have the kid, how can you justify being responsible enough to have sex?

There are no mulligans in proffesional golf.
There are no do overs.

You only get one chance to do it right.

You are killing something inside of you. It's a life that is being created in your body and you feel that it's your choice to end it? Rad. Imagine if your mother made the choice not to allow you to live? Cool man.

To me, it's the easy way out. The cheap and dirty way out.
Take responsibility for your actions.
Old 04-09-2002, 09:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: abortion (fowler)

WORD.

This is not about religion; it's about life. It doesn't matter if the person's condom broke, or if a woman got raped; don't you wonder what that child could have accomplished in their lifetime? A lot of people are not born into ideal situations, but are able to break free from it and make the best of their lives.

I'm not a hypocrite either . If I had a pregnant girlfriend, I would have to keep the baby, or it would be on my conscience for the rest of my life.
If there was a baby on the way, what I want to do wouldn't be important.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:00 AM
YodaIsGod

at what point do you consider it "life"? that's should be a big question. when the first cell splits into two? when?

Old 04-09-2002, 10:04 AM
New User

WORD.

This is not about religion; it's about life. It doesn't matter if the person's condom broke, or if a woman got raped; don't you wonder what that child could have accomplished in their lifetime? A lot of people are not born into ideal situations, but are able to break free from it and make the best of their lives.

I'm not a hypocrite either . If I had a pregnant girlfriend, I would have to keep the baby, or it would be on my conscience for the rest of my life.
If there was a baby on the way, what I want to do wouldn't be important.
It doesn't matter if it was rape?!?!?! Yeah! Just what I would want! If I was raped I wouldn't want a constant reminder of the trama I had to go through...

I could just imagine explaining it to my kid. "Mommy, where's daddy?" "Well honey, I don't really even know who your daddy is, he raped me and I felt obligated to have you."
Old 04-09-2002, 10:11 AM

Default Re: abortion (YodaIsGod)

<---- Anti abortion/ Pro choice

We (you or I or anyone else) have no place to tell someone ho to decide something over morality. The law and peoples moral values should be seperate. Once you try to decide whether or not something is moral or not through a law, a rule, or by judging someone, you are taking a person's freedom, or you are judging someone on something that is not for you to judge. I do not agree with abortion but I do not agree with anyone trying to control what isn't any of their business.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Personally I feel abortion is wrong, however people are going to do it if they want to so I think it should remain legal and should be made as safe as possible. God gave us the gift of choice. We don't have to believe in him; we don't have to do anything. I wouldn't like it if my wife wanted to get an abortion, but if she really wanted it I would want her to be as safe as possible through the whole ordeal.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:17 AM

Default Re: abortion (alphenom)

We (you or I or anyone else) have no place to tell someone ho to decide something over morality. The law and peoples moral values should be seperate. Once you try to decide whether or not something is moral or not through a law, a rule, or by judging someone, you are taking a person's freedom, or you are judging someone on something that is not for you to judge. I do not agree with abortion but I do not agree with anyone trying to control what isn't any of their business.
agreed, this is all that has to be said.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:21 AM
New User

Default Re: abortion (WAFFLES)

I'm pro choice.

I don't want to get into the whole "who is right or wrong" argument because it never resolves anything.

All I know is that if a woman is rapped and and impregnated by some vicious assailant, why should she be forced to carry the baby of the person who violated her?

Also, what about teenagers? If a 14 year old girl gets pregnant and she cannot afford to have a baby and her parents will kick her out of the house if they find out and she won't have any way to support the child, then why should she bring that child into the world?

I don't thing that abortion can be taken lightly. I think that it should be permitted in only the extremist of circumstances such as the ones above.

If a forty year old mother of two gets pregnant, and she doesn't want to have the child, then I don't think this is a viable reason to get an abortion.

BTW: This topics has been beat to death before.
Old 04-09-2002, 10:21 AM

Default Re: abortion (alphenom)

Old 04-09-2002, 10:22 AM

Default Re: abortion (YodaIsGod)

I dont think that anybody who hasnt been directly involved with an abortion can make comments like "its murder", or "its irresponsible"

How can you possibly know what its like if you have an unborn child who has MS or a collapsed lung and heart defect, and have to make a decision? Then rape, is it ´moral´as some of you put it for the victim to bear the child from her attacker?

If you have no money, i mean no money then you cant have kids. If you make a mistake, and read it like it is a MISTAKE early into your life why shouldn´t you have the choice. If anybody points this toward religion, then i wont be surprised. But if i dont go to church, am not christened, and dont believe (for want of a better word) then whats religion got to with it...thats for me, and my whatever to decide.

So to round off, its a difficult subject that alot of people jump on soap boxes to preach about. You dont know unless you have been there and i hope you never will.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: abortion

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.