Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2020 Porsche 911 Speedster debut

Old 04-17-2019, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: 2020 Porsche 911 Speedster debut

Originally Posted by 5SpdH22 View Post
would over rev
Yeah but then when it comes time to sell it and the DME report is requested and somebody saw it had 200 ignitions over 7k and everybody ***** their pants.
Old 04-19-2019, 04:41 AM
put title here

Originally Posted by Pinja View Post
Sad part is he's probably some venture capitalist no one's ever heard of and he's first on the list to get one
Dude definitely has **** you money.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:04 AM
-Intl Steve Krew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by b_ack51 View Post
His kid has a tuxedo blazer and some soccer shoes and jeans too.
Old 04-19-2019, 05:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by b_ack51 View Post
Yeah, but he's still a cool guy... His excuse was "I don't golf, I don't have a stupid ******* boat... this is my boat" (then points to his 650S)... I guess his Speedster allocation was promised due to a "very sizable" non-refundable deposit put down on a Taycan for his wife. The games you have to play for the toys.
Old 04-19-2019, 07:58 AM
Will you make something up for me please?

Originally Posted by itrSteez View Post
Yeah, but he's still a cool guy... His excuse was "I don't golf, I don't have a stupid ******* boat... this is my boat" (then points to his 650S)... I guess his Speedster allocation was promised due to a "very sizable" non-refundable deposit put down on a Taycan for his wife. The games you have to play for the toys.
It is funny because after all that "loyalty" and money you spend on a deposit or prior cars, you still don't get a discount per se. You basically get invited to buy one of their cars at MSRP/normal price. Funny when you think about it.

I could understand if you're a loyal customer and then they GIVE you a Speedster for free. But no, you still have to pay $300K.
Old 04-19-2019, 08:36 AM
I said I don't want a title!

Originally Posted by shamoo View Post
It is funny because after all that "loyalty" and money you spend on a deposit or prior cars, you still don't get a discount per se. You basically get invited to buy one of their cars at MSRP/normal price. Funny when you think about it.

I could understand if you're a loyal customer and then they GIVE you a Speedster for free. But no, you still have to pay $300K.

If you get an allocation, you buy the car with the idea in mind that you're not going to lose a dime on it and can probably make money if you decide to sell. So in reality, Porsche is basically cutting you a check/giving you a rebate for being a good customer.

Also, the dealer would be willing you cut you a 5-figure check for said allocation spot (you order the car under their terms and walk away with a fat wallet).
Old 04-19-2019, 10:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So what's the alternative?

Sell the car for less than the dealership was invoiced for even though people are lining up to buy it? I'd 100% call down the list of the top customers first then resort to ADM's next, milk some time having a rare car on the showroom floor. If you're lucky you'll get 1 or 2 allocations, I'm sure they have to spend some time deliberating on how to deal them.

To be honest, I don't blame them at all.

We still need an Official Porch Thread
Old 04-19-2019, 11:50 AM
Will you make something up for me please?

Originally Posted by itrSteez View Post
So what's the alternative?

Sell the car for less than the dealership was invoiced for even though people are lining up to buy it? I'd 100% call down the list of the top customers first then resort to ADM's next, milk some time having a rare car on the showroom floor. If you're lucky you'll get 1 or 2 allocations, I'm sure they have to spend some time deliberating on how to deal them.

To be honest, I don't blame them at all.

We still need an Official Porch Thread
Yep, I don't know what the solution is. Porsche claims they don't like it and want to penalize dealerships for charging ADMs. Nothing ever happens though. In the US, dealers have a lot of power. Porsche already made their money so who cares, right?

Two sides. Dealerships are in a business to make money. So if I can sell a car for $100K more, I will.
Other side. Normal people don't have opportunity to buy/drive these cars and they sit with flippers/speculators/collectors.

Didn't the new Ford GT contract say you couldn't sell or something? John Cena got fined like $400K but still made money lols. Maybe they should do that? But then do they have the right?

Normally these hyper cars (Konigseggs, Bugattis, Paganis, etc) don't really affect people because they are just so expensive. But when you're talking about cars that are $100-300K you are getting to a point where more people can actually buy them. Then these ADMs bring the price up to the Konigsegg status so again nobody can buy them.
Old 04-19-2019, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yep, I don't know what the solution is. Porsche claims they don't like it and want to penalize dealerships for charging ADMs. Nothing ever happens though. In the US, dealers have a lot of power. Porsche already made their money so who cares, right?

Two sides. Dealerships are in a business to make money. So if I can sell a car for $100K more, I will.
Other side. Normal people don't have opportunity to buy/drive these cars and they sit with flippers/speculators/collectors.

Didn't the new Ford GT contract say you couldn't sell or something? John Cena got fined like $400K but still made money lols. Maybe they should do that? But then do they have the right?

Normally these hyper cars (Konigseggs, Bugattis, Paganis, etc) don't really affect people because they are just so expensive. But when you're talking about cars that are $100-300K you are getting to a point where more people can actually buy them. Then these ADMs bring the price up to the Konigsegg status so again nobody can buy them.
Porsche was smart and fixed things for the 991 GT3's.... they made an absolute shitload of them, more than any other 911 trim. It's almost like they hit the supply and demand equilibrium. Also, making the touring was brilliant too.

Trust me, when I was shopping it made me pissed that I just couldn't walk into a dealer and buy a stripper'ish car for $150k then do a euro delivery. But in reality was that I just had to stretch an extra $15k and clearly I wasn't willing to do that.

I'm 90% positive I read that they put guidelines on the timeline of when you could sell a GT2.

If I were a dealership, I'd use the allocation of a certain car and hold a raffle for the right to purchase at MSRP... Perhaps sell tickets at $100 each, plus throw in some bonus tickets for recent spenders to make them happy... Make a whole event out of it for a children's charity, if you win, congrats... Here's your roofless GT3 for the small price of $275k
Old 04-19-2019, 06:16 PM
White Trash Wish Cash

Yeah but just like high demand sneaker guys where they pay a ton of dudes to go get raffles to better guarantee they get
Old 04-19-2019, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by rino924 View Post
Yeah but just like high demand sneaker guys where they pay a ton of dudes to go get raffles to better guarantee they get
The only difference is if you win then you have to buy a $275k car or it’s next on the list.

It’s for the kids god dammit.
Old 04-20-2019, 08:13 AM
Prairie Dog Breeder

I would rather drive a used Nissan Murano convertible if I wanted “fun” in the ‘sun’
Old 04-20-2019, 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by 93Accord117 View Post
I would rather drive a used Nissan Murano convertible if I wanted “fun” in the ‘sun’

AKA I will never be able to afford this car, but I wanted to chime in anyways to get my dig at it.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:30 AM
Prairie Dog Breeder

Originally Posted by Todd00 View Post
AKA I will never be able to afford this car, but I wanted to chime in anyways to get my dig at it.
you aren't chief and this isn't it.
Old 04-20-2019, 10:57 AM
-Intl Steve Krew

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 93Accord117 View Post
you aren't chief and this isn't it.
BUT HE HAS A CAYMAN
Old 04-20-2019, 11:54 AM
Prairie Dog Breeder

Originally Posted by Caoboy View Post
BUT HE HAS A CAYMAN
y u h!

Old 04-20-2019, 09:23 PM
BMW Güdentyte

Verts are cool and fun and the attention stares you get at every light when the top is down makes you want to have that long hair like Fabio.

are they staring at the sexy P car or the ugly driver?
Old 04-20-2019, 10:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so, its got the back seats blocked off/deleted and a tonneau cover like the S2000 CR?
Old 04-21-2019, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by Caoboy View Post
BUT HE HAS A CAYMAN

What I own is irrelevant to the conversation. Not like I'll ever probably own this car, but that doesn't mean I'll use this thread to make passive-aggressive insults towards it.

Par for the course in here, I suppose.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.