Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 Women's World Cup

Old 07-11-2019, 05:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: 2019 Women's World Cup

Originally Posted by $amGD3 View Post
What is the point of comparing men's vs women's soccer again?
Chronic insecurity.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:01 AM
Swaggylicious

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by scelestus
Chronic insecurity.
Hah , i think so

Just be glad we have a national soccer team that's competitive unlike the mens
Old 07-11-2019, 06:06 AM
816d16 owes me money!

Old 07-11-2019, 06:40 AM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

Originally Posted by crawdad689 View Post
but I thought men > women so how could that be possible?
Originally Posted by crawdad689 View Post
USWNT were up against teams with awful defense!

Rapinoe only scored PKs and easy tap-ins!

The "arguments" from all these red-pill soccer bros are unbelievable. God forbid they miss an opportunity woman-bash. Pretty sad really.

Acknowledging biological fact that men are stronger, faster, and more athletic is “red pill”, is that what you are saying? This is why they have separate leagues for the two sexes, you realize that, right? You do also realize all of our best athletes play in the NBA and NFL, correct? So, comparing the two teams is a pointless endeavor from the start anyway. It just looks like you might be suggesting they could play on the same level as World Cup winning male teams. I just want to make sure you aren’t suggesting something that silly.

If you are saying people are “red pill” for slighting USWNT success because they are women than I agree. I’m tired of that and the “they’re partying too hard” criticisms. And yes, USMNT sucks.

Old 07-11-2019, 06:40 AM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I don't understand why everyone is being a debbie downer about this and can't just enjoy it.
Old 07-11-2019, 06:46 AM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

Originally Posted by The GreenD16 View Post
I don't understand why everyone is being a debbie downer about this and can't just enjoy it.
Agreed. Go USA!

Sexism was/is on full display with all the goal celebration criticisms and criticism for their partying behavior in NY. It’s a double standard for sure.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:31 AM
eight equals equals equals D

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
And yes, USMNT sucks.
Because our top athletes don't play soccer. If the World Cup was based on American Football, then it would be no contest. US team would destroy any international squad and it wouldn't be close. Based on that, I'm actually pretty surprised that our mens team does as well as it does in international competition.
Old 07-11-2019, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by The GreenD16 View Post
The squad is being politicized doe. We only hear about this team once every 4 years (typically) so they are using it as a platform while they can.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:26 AM
Dragon Slayer For Hire

Originally Posted by Tim2179 View Post
Because our top athletes don't play soccer. If the World Cup was based on American Football, then it would be no contest. US team would destroy any international squad and it wouldn't be close. Based on that, I'm actually pretty surprised that our mens team does as well as it does in international competition.
Ahh Tim come on. The top athletes idea is nonsense bud. Just because an athlete can say sprint fast doesn't mean even playing soccer from an early age would make them any good at playing soccer also. It just doesn't work like that. Speed & great athleticism in soccer is nice but on the ball skill & ability is way more important.

As for American Football it would be no contest until every other nation got good at the sport. England invented football & have one world cup to their name 1966 finals in England. While certain country's do go through spells of being totally dominant, as far as I know in 21 World cups only two teams have ever won it back to back, Italy in 34 /38 & Brazil in 58 / 62.

I'd be like me saying Ireland would dominate at Hurling if it there was a world cup, because no other nation plays the sport.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:36 AM
HNIC

Originally Posted by srd.... View Post
Ahh Tim come on. The top athletes idea is nonsense bud. Just because an athlete can say sprint fast doesn't mean even playing soccer from an early age would make them any good at playing soccer also. It just doesn't work like that. Speed & great athleticism in soccer is nice but on the ball skill & ability is way more important.
It's not nonsense at all. Weightlifting is a great example. By world standards we are dreadful. It's just not popular here, so kids don't get introduced to it. And there's no money in it.The freak'ish level athletes are playing baseball, football and basketball and making hundred of millions of dollars to do so. Soccer isn't on their radar, although it's def moving in the right direction.
Old 07-11-2019, 08:40 AM
El Chico

Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
lol wut? Serious?

What do you think the score would be of say the USWNT vs. the Spain mens national team>
I don't think you understood what I meant.

Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
Not a surprise. I use to play at IMG in Bradenton - it's a completely different game when it comes to mens and womens teams.
Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
By this, I think you mean that it is every bit as good when it comes to the excitement and enjoyment.

The reason (excuse) for the differences in pay and sponsor allocations has always been that the men's soccer brings in amounts of revenues that the women's teams do not come anywhere near matching.

Even though the US mens team is clearly inferior relative to the league, it still brings in a lot more money than the womens team.

After this year, I think that you'll see more money going to the womens team and I am sure people will be watching to see how much closer to the mens team they can come when we're speaking of revenue.

Although everybody got into the womens team this year, it's still going to come down to how much money they bring in. We'll just have to see.
Precisely.
Old 07-11-2019, 09:10 AM
Dragon Slayer For Hire

Originally Posted by vtecvoodoo View Post
It's not nonsense at all. Weightlifting is a great example. By world standards we are dreadful. It's just not popular here, so kids don't get introduced to it. And there's no money in it.The freak'ish level athletes are playing baseball, football and basketball and making hundred of millions of dollars to do so. Soccer isn't on their radar, although it's def moving in the right direction.
Again most of the best ever soccer players were not freak'ish level athletes but have outstanding on the ball skill & ability with the ball at their feet. I completely get that soccer wasn't on the radar for kid's in America for the longest time & it's great it's growing state side. As a Chelsea fan I'm looking forward to seeing Pulisic next year in the EPL.

I've read this athlete idea from some Americans on Big Soccer.com since I joined in 2004 & it's just not how it works unfortunately.

srd.... | BigSoccer Forum
Old 07-11-2019, 09:42 AM
Dragon Slayer For Hire

I just want to give an example of what I mean by having outstanding on the ball skill & ability with the ball at their feet.

Matt Le Tissier (aka Le God) was one of the most lazy players but easy top ten all time EPL player. He turned down multiple chance to sign for Manchester United because in his words "He'd have to go to training" Lulz....

Vid's well worth a click for some special goals & I'm not getting into the The top athletes discussion any further since it's totally off topic now in this thread & I'm tired of it in general, but check out Le God all the same.

Old 07-11-2019, 09:54 AM
Don't believe the rumors

What is the point of comparing men's vs women's soccer again?
To prove once and for all that men > women, I guess? I loved basically every minute of watching them play. Well done, ladies!
Old 07-11-2019, 10:00 AM
Don't believe the rumors

Acknowledging biological fact that men are stronger, faster, and more athletic is “red pill”, is that what you are saying?
nah, I've only played co-ed for the last 15 years so it should be pretty obvious where I stand on it lol. No matter what level you're playing at (or even what sport you're playing), when at least 1/3 of the people on the pitch need to be female, their quality of play usually defines whether you win or lose lol

If you are saying people are “red pill” for slighting USWNT success because they are women than I agree. I’m tired of that and the “they’re partying too hard” criticisms. And yes, USMNT sucks.
Old 07-11-2019, 11:59 AM
SHAME ON YOU REBECCA!

My only problem is media shoving the empowerment of women propaganda. it's a constant banter of "to inspire young girls into soccer (or other male dominated fields), we want equal pay, blah blah"

I watched the espys last night, same ****. Last I checked women have more rights and leeway in comparison to men. Unless I missed something?
Old 07-11-2019, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by kidcool1977 View Post
My only problem is media shoving the empowerment of women propaganda. it's a constant banter of "to inspire young girls into soccer (or other male dominated fields), we want equal pay, blah blah"

I watched the espys last night, same ****. Last I checked women have more rights and leeway in comparison to men. Unless I missed something?
Is the current buzz. A lot of the most vocal supporters are females that make far and away more than most people anyway. In the real world, where men and woman are doing the SAME job, the pay is gonna be more or less the same, however when you factor in lost pay for maternity leave and such, that's going to skew those numbers down.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:09 PM
SHAME ON YOU REBECCA!

don't have babies, problem solved.

Another detail I found out. Some women take time off work during menstrual cycles
Old 07-11-2019, 12:17 PM
Prairie Dog Breeder

imagine thinking anyone on this little forum is actually able to keep up with any of these soccer chicas.

truly inspiring stuff here.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:18 PM
Swaggylicious

The US doesnt even have a woman president in its history. Women's rights/ level of sexism here isnt as great as one may think
Old 07-11-2019, 12:29 PM

The US doesnt even have a woman president in its history. Women's rights/ level of sexism here isnt as great as one may think
Women aren't excluded from running doe.

Trying to think of some female candidates that were nominated... Clinton, Palin (VP) and Ferraro (VP) are the only 3 I can think of.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:35 PM
Swaggylicious

Originally Posted by Tim2179 View Post
Women aren't excluded from running doe.

Trying to think of some female candidates that were nominated... Clinton, Palin (VP) and Ferraro (VP) are the only 3 I can think of.
Ya but the fact that people wont vote for a woman nominee speaks of a larger cultural issue on sexism
Old 07-11-2019, 12:47 PM

But they have voted for them. Its only a matter of time.

My general contractor is a woman.

<- doing my part

Old 07-11-2019, 12:49 PM
Swaggylicious

I'm sayin doe, other countries have had women president(s) and the US have not so it shows that that is one particular topic where we are not world-leading and there are many things that needs to be improved on.
Old 07-11-2019, 12:57 PM
Dragon Slayer For Hire

I'm sayin doe, other countries have had women president(s) and the US have not so it shows that that is one particular topic where we are not world-leading and there are many things that needs to be improved on.
Ireland has had two. First was Robinson 1990 -1997 & then two terms for McAleese 1997 - 2011.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2019 Women's World Cup

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.