Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2019 MLB thread

Old 03-19-2019, 09:48 AM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

Default Re: 2019 MLB thread

Going up to Charles Town tomorrow night to bet MLB win totals. Definitely taking the under on the O's. I think it's 59.5 or something terrible.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:55 AM
Drunk Wagon Pilot

CINDERELLA STORY FAM
Old 03-19-2019, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Pinja View Post
I'm still waiting to see how the Orioles do this year

Lots of players saying that the atmosphere is a lot better than it used to be and we will also will have one of the youngest teams in the MLB right now

Hays looks like the real deal and Diaz is coming along now it looks like. Even Mike Wright seems to have turned it around some.
I agree but it's to the point where I am skipping opening day and all this year, gonna take it easy, last year was too much stress for nothing.
Also trying to save for our big trip this year too and I KNOW my drunk *** will drop like $200 drinking on opening day too.

Originally Posted by The GreenD16 View Post
Going up to Charles Town tomorrow night to bet MLB win totals. Definitely taking the under on the O's. I think it's 59.5 or something terrible.
You're gonna lose that! 75 at least!
Old 03-19-2019, 10:48 AM
Bart Taylor Look-alike

Originally Posted by Mattb16teg View Post
I guess we will see man, I am super surprised he stayed there but that money talks, would like to see how that deal is structured.
Iím not surprised, the Angels have always treated him well, Eppler has made it a point to rebuild the farm, and it probably doesnít hurt living in Newport Beach during the season over Philly or New York (although that supposedly was not a consideration).
Old 03-19-2019, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

They have because they had to, he is the best player on the team.
Sure living there is nicer but so is winning and winning a World Series.

I mean hell, they finished last in 2018, right? **edit** 4th

It takes a great guy to stick through all that.
Old 03-19-2019, 10:55 AM
Head Of Bespoke

For 400 million id be fine with last place my entire time there.
Old 03-19-2019, 02:11 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Originally Posted by The GreenD16 View Post
lol @ that Harper deal.

Mike Trout and the Los Angeles Angels are finalizing a record-breaking 12-year contract worth more than $430 million.
​​​​​​Damn. They just keep raising the ceiling.
Old 04-11-2019, 05:53 AM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

Old 04-11-2019, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

So I didn't expect much at all this year but the Offense and D looks good enough to do things, pitching is AGAIN the issue, I get it, it's not a year to sign talent, BUT maybe it should have been.

The O's are now producing runs, and in ways they haven't in the past, they are giving their pitchers run support but hard to keep it decent when other teams are putting up 10 + runs on your pitching.

I feel for Davis and I was irritated Monday night at the game when people were cheering his strike outs and outs, come on man, support this guy, obviously he isn't choosing this, there is something going on with him mentally.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:01 AM
-Intl Steve Krew

Them feels when you outscore your opponent in the series but lose 2 out of 3 games
Old 04-11-2019, 06:25 AM
Nu Sigma Alpha

Hahaha
Old 04-11-2019, 06:30 AM
Drunk Wagon Pilot

Originally Posted by Mattb16teg View Post
So I didn't expect much at all this year but the Offense and D looks good enough to do things, pitching is AGAIN the issue, I get it, it's not a year to sign talent, BUT maybe it should have been.

The O's are now producing runs, and in ways they haven't in the past, they are giving their pitchers run support but hard to keep it decent when other teams are putting up 10 + runs on your pitching.

I feel for Davis and I was irritated Monday night at the game when people were cheering his strike outs and outs, come on man, support this guy, obviously he isn't choosing this, there is something going on with him mentally.
I mean if we're gonna tank then why sign pitchers? Go full Astroball and get the next 3 #1 draft picks (99% sure we're signing Rutschmann this year)

Davis has been done since he signed that contract. Hasn't changed his swing, hasn't changed his plate approach, hasn't really done anything to help his situation. It's the same lazy upward swing he always does but now his bat speed is decreasing. It's time to just cut him and eat the money.
Old 04-11-2019, 06:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Pinja View Post
I mean if we're gonna tank then why sign pitchers? Go full Astroball and get the next 3 #1 draft picks (99% sure we're signing Rutschmann this year)

Davis has been done since he signed that contract. Hasn't changed his swing, hasn't changed his plate approach, hasn't really done anything to help his situation. It's the same lazy upward swing he always does but now his bat speed is decreasing. It's time to just cut him and eat the money.
They could at least be a little proactive instead of parading around MIKE FREAKIN WRIGHT, why in the hell is he still a major league pitcher!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I don't agree, they need him to work out somehow, that's a ton of money, and this season is the time to do it, if they aren't trying to win games, then play him and see what happens.
He is in the lineup today, he will get that hit and it will be a HR!
Old 04-11-2019, 06:38 AM
Drunk Wagon Pilot

We're gonna be garbage for the next 3-4 years minimum no reason to sign a high talent pitcher(s) right now. Elias is honestly doing the same thing the Astros did: tank and build a solid core of minor league talent to keep the team good for years to come and not be a flash in the pan like the 2012-2016 team was

Davis pretty much has until the end of this season to come back around or he's gone. Elias and the new coaches/management have zero ties to him so they honestly see him right now as a $161 million roadblock to a young player coming up and getting experience. It sucks he's gotten so bad but hey nothing we can do about it except hope he turns it around or just cut him and eat the money.
Old 04-11-2019, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I hope that plan works but I don't think this team is as bad a people or the staff were expecting really. They are meshing well together and seem to be doing well for a bunch of "kids".

Yes I agree with that and it would be in Davis's best interest to show something, no one wants to suck that badly. I def wouldn't switch shoes with him, that's gotta be a huge mental Fck you and something to live with forever, yikes!!
Old 04-12-2019, 05:16 AM
eight equals equals equals D

Khris Davis homered twice yesterday. MFing wrong "Chris Davis" doe. How can he be this bad? He's gotta have some kind of tumor or something.
Old 04-12-2019, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Saw a headline, "Khris Davis has hit an obscene number of home runs, since Chris Davis' last hit". OOOFFFFFFFFFF
Old 04-12-2019, 05:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I will say, at least he is making contact and hitting the ball HARD!
It will come, I mean hell I was happy he drew that walk yesterday.
Old 04-21-2019, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

DODGERS > hader
Old 04-23-2019, 05:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

This season is wild thus far, who would have expected the Rays on Top of the East.

The Young Twins and Mariners killing it too!

The NL West is always a roller coaster but I am just over the Dodgers, they can't win when time comes to win.....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.