Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

=►►Official 2018-2019 NBA Basketball Thread◄◄=

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

=►►Official 2018-2019 NBA Basketball Thread◄◄=

Old 06-11-2019, 05:51 AM
Drunk Wagon Pilot

Default Re: =►►Official 2018-2019 NBA Basketball Thread◄◄=

Oh look Toronto fans being drunk ******** once again

Threw trash on the field when a call didn't go their way (ALDS Blue Jays against Rangers) then they threw a water bottle at Hyun Soo Kim when the Orioles were in town for the WC game in 2016 now they cheer when a player on the other team is injured

I know it's probably all drunk Maple Leafs fans there just because it's a playoff/championship game but man that is not cool
Old 06-11-2019, 05:55 AM
Oracle of GDD

Do you guys remember when Zaza Pachulia intentionally injured Kawhi Leonard?

Or when Draymond intentionally kicked (insert player here) in the *****?

The Warriors have built up a lot of shitty karma and unfortunately Durant had to be the guy. I love him and I wish he hadn't played. Dude just ruined his whole career for a team that has no real love for him, if reports are to be believed.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
KD just wrecked his career so people wouldn't call him a punk. So sad.
The road to recovery from an Achilles is pretty long and it sucks. Ankle mobility and calf strength are tough to regain but he will have some the best doc's, PT's, and treatment available. I give him about year and half to recover.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:54 AM
HNIC

Originally Posted by mar778c View Post
The road to recovery from an Achilles is pretty long and it sucks. Ankle mobility and calf strength are tough to regain but he will have some the best doc's, PT's, and treatment available. I give him about year and half to recover.
His game will change a bit, but he'll be fine. At 75% of where he's at now he can shoot over anybody in the league.
Old 06-11-2019, 07:07 AM
Honda-Tech Titanium Member

Made me sick to see the fans react that way, **** Toronto fans suck in every sport,
Old 06-11-2019, 07:59 AM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

KD just wrecked his career so people wouldn't call him a punk. So sad.
Yup, very sad.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:12 AM
I love doggies

Agreed with all the above. It was obvious he had had strained his Achilles's in the Houston series and he put his career in jeopardy last night and paid the ultimate price. Perplexed as to why KD wasn't on any restrictions with his playing time last night too.
Old 06-11-2019, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

About the KD injury, some feel it was ultimately KD and his agent's decision to play. The training staff cleared him, and I personally think he felt the need to prove himself to all the haters that were giving him crap for not trying to give it his all. Take a look at Klay, Cousins, Steph, Looney, Iguodala... all playing with injuries or came back from injuries that were thought to be season ending *with the exception of Steph and his finger. People's expectations and comments were probably eating him up so he felt the need to step up at a critical time knowing the risk. Did you see him during pregame warm ups, spinning 360 one leg jumper, dunking, dancing in the team huddle, etc. He looked good, but in all honesty and reality, his "mild" calf strain needed more time. My heart goes out to the guy since he just wanted to ball and be there for his team. I just hope and pray for a speedy recovery...

He could've gone the the Kawhi route when he was with the Spurs...he was cleared to play but he decided not to and wanted a trade.

I'm sure most of you have seen the GM Bob Myers presser yesterday. Some think its a full acting job, but in reality, Bob is sincere and fully connected with the players, families, the agents, etc. He's such an intellectual guy who gives his whole heart and life to the team. It crushed him seeing KD go down like that. I've seen him get emotional when he had to speak about Coach Kerr's back injury a few years back.

As for the fans cheering when KD got injured. Yes, its 100% wrong and classless, but in reality, it happens all across sports especially in high tension games/atmospheres.

On an insider note, a Raptors fans sent KD/front office flowers with a note saying "Canada is sorry KD". The note went onto read "Dear KD and Warriors, I can't even believe those dumbass Raptor fans cheered when they saw you you were injured. I was watching the game and felt horrible. it was total disgrace. I hereby apologize on behalf of Canada and prayers for your recovery."
Old 06-11-2019, 03:56 PM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by Dan Fizzle View Post
Agreed with all the above. It was obvious he had had strained his Achilles's in the Houston series and he put his career in jeopardy last night and paid the ultimate price. Perplexed as to why KD wasn't on any restrictions with his playing time last night too.
They wanted him back, and the team were very frustrated that his injury was taking so long to heal. It was supposed to be a 2-week thing, but anyone who saw it knew he had been lucky not to tear the Achilles the first time.

So stupid and senseless. Yeah he wanted to be a warrior but the team did put pressure on him, and they should have never let him play. Now their future looks a lot worse, in part because guys will wonder if they really take care of their injured players.
Old 06-11-2019, 06:03 PM
I said I don't want a title!

Do you guys remember when Zaza Pachulia intentionally injured Kawhi Leonard?

Or when Draymond intentionally kicked (insert player here) in the *****?

The Warriors have built up a lot of shitty karma and unfortunately Durant had to be the guy.
Ross is correct with this. The Warriors love playing the heel and no idea why they are surprised by any of the backlash. The Warriors point into the stands, taunt the fans after made shots, Draymond nut-punches people, Zaza is a dirty player, Top 3 player in the league Durant went to a 73 win team looking for a chip, Curry throws his mouthguard, etc.

It's all theater and no one should be surprised that Durant going down would garner a few cheers.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:22 AM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by Todd00 View Post
Ross is correct with this. The Warriors love playing the heel and no idea why they are surprised by any of the backlash. The Warriors point into the stands, taunt the fans after made shots, Draymond nut-punches people, Zaza is a dirty player, Top 3 player in the league Durant went to a 73 win team looking for a chip, Curry throws his mouthguard, etc.

It's all theater and no one should be surprised that Durant going down would garner a few cheers.
Wow, a total agreement! Lol

The sad part is that I view Durant as not really the bad guy on that team. Yet somehow he's the guy who pays the ultimate price.

Where is Green's career-ending injury? The guy literally destroyed Ginobili's *********. If anyone deserves it, it's him.
Old 06-12-2019, 07:37 AM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

Wow, a total agreement! Lol

The sad part is that I view Durant as not really the bad guy on that team. Yet somehow he's the guy who pays the ultimate price.

Where is Green's career-ending injury? The guy literally destroyed Ginobili's *********. If anyone deserves it, it's him.
That's why I don't like the cheering.

Zaza doesn't play there anymore, and I highly doubt Kerr or anybody else said "Hey, go **** up Leonards landing/leg". Durant isn't Green. And if you're cheering at Durant's injuries because Steph cries and talks **** or because Durant saw the writing on the wall that he would never win Westbrook, you got problems.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

In the heat of the moment I could see where a fan could be caught off guard and get excited, I suppose. Durant came out and was torching them, just sucking their hopes and dreams away shot by shot - plus it made life on Steph and Klay much easier. Compound that with a 3-1 potential closeout game and emotions are obviously going to run high.

Also, nobody is capable of an instant MRI, going out on a limb if it were a visible injury like Hayward's then you wouldn't have seen the same reaction. But an invisible injury like that, my initial take was that it was just a re-tweaking of the existing. Like rolling your ankle or something of the sort, NBD, see you in October but not a complete tear.

Plus, given the price of the seats for that event... I'd question how many of those people were new/casual fans versus people that actually know anything about basketball and the implications of KD getting hurt.

Not to play devils advocate as my initial reaction was disgust as a neutral fan, but I was also not in the building and had the quick reaction of the live commentators to feed information.

Before the game I said I didn't understand why he was even taking that risk, but my stock in him as a competitor definitely went up because of it.
Old 06-12-2019, 09:59 AM
footwork mastery

I really hope the warriors win game 6 so we get a game 7. I don’t care who wins just been enjoying these games
Old 06-12-2019, 10:10 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by .Grimace View Post
I really hope the warriors win game 6 so we get a game 7. I donít care who wins just been enjoying these games
TBH, I'm exactly in the same boat. I'd love to see my warriors go for a 3Peat, but I give my hats off to TOR for the way they've been playing. From top to bottom, everything is clicking for them and they're a very likable team. Reminds me of the 2015 warriors when they won their first Championship in 40+ years...

I'm just happy they were able to get past the Rockets. That in itself was a huge win and I'm just proud they're even able to be in the position that they're currently in.

I'm heading to Oracle tomorrow night to catch the last game in Oakland.
Old 06-12-2019, 10:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I wish every Finals went to game 7 haha
Old 06-12-2019, 10:39 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by .Grimace View Post
I really hope the warriors win game 6 so we get a game 7. I donít care who wins just been enjoying these games
That's where I'm at too, especially after G5.

It's great being a neutral fan and they've made it entertaining.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by itrSteez View Post

Before the game I said I didn't understand why he was even taking that risk, but my stock in him as a competitor definitely went up because of it.

From what I gather about KD, I'd guess it's more of a selfish move that states "I'm more valuable than you think" vs. "I want to help my teammates".

Dude has like a dozen fake FB/IG accounts to defend himself. Just seems like a guy more interested in his image and legacy than anything else.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

From what I gather about KD, I'd guess it's more of a selfish move that states "I'm more valuable than you think" vs. "I want to help my teammates".

Dude has like a dozen fake FB/IG accounts to defend himself. Just seems like a guy more interested in his image and legacy than anything else.
A: "I'm more valuable than you think" is obviously displayed to everybody after dropping 2 games at Oracle, I'm pretty sure it was clear to all of us
B: "I want to help my teammates" is displayed coming back on an elimination game when all he had to do was refer to A; subsequently, his 11 minutes of play also showed A as well.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by itrSteez View Post
A: "I'm more valuable than you think" is obviously displayed to everybody after dropping 2 games at Oracle, I'm pretty sure it was clear to all of us
B: "I want to help my teammates" is displayed coming back on an elimination game when all he had to do was refer to A; subsequently, his 11 minutes of play also showed A as well.

KD coming back injured and saving GSW from a 1-3 deficit = huge hero

Look at all the re-runs of Kirk Gibson we (still) see limping around the bases during his world series HR. You think KD didn't want something like this?
Old 06-12-2019, 11:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

KD coming back injured and saving GSW from a 1-3 deficit = huge hero
Noted, I can level with that... The huge hero argument sort of looks like a equal mix of A+B

Man, would that have been an incredible story.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:57 AM

We still see the Isiah Thomas Piston game references when his ankle looked like a grapefruit and he dropped 25 points (in one quarter) in the Finals on the Magic Lakers in '88.

I'm telling ya...KD wanted that moment. Otherwise, it was absolutely foolish for him to come back.
Old 06-12-2019, 12:31 PM
Swaggylicious

KD is a very petty and self conscious player. He knew damn well he shouldnt have been playing but he wanted to hush all of his "haters"

that move did not play out well obvi

im hoping the raps can win it in 6
Old 06-12-2019, 03:04 PM
I love doggies

So KD’s momma went on national tv and laid blame on the Warrior’s medical staff for her son’s current injury. It seems like a mixed bag, media outlets are blaming the Warrior’s and the other half are blaming KD’s social media ego. What a hot mess!?!??
Old 06-12-2019, 04:24 PM
Oracle of GDD

I think it was him trying to prove that he WASN'T a selfish *****.

He did that, and he'll be paying for it for the rest of his career.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.