Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

=►►Official 2018-2019 NBA Basketball Thread◄◄=

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

=►►Official 2018-2019 NBA Basketball Thread◄◄=

Old 05-15-2019, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: =►►Official 2018-2019 NBA Basketball Thread◄◄=

Originally Posted by Todd00 View Post
Blazers just played a tough game 7 in altitude @ Denver on Sunday. It was pretty much a given that they were going to lose game 1 @ GSW. I was surprised it was only 6 points going into the 4th.

Still...they have a lot to figure out on defense if they even want to win one game this series.
This. Thought it was actually not a bad result at all considering all things
Old 05-15-2019, 05:40 PM
aka DaZman69!

Just randomly browsing youtube and came across zion williamson highlight video. Been awhile since Iíve seen it. Iím just like got damn every time I see it.

Iím am pretty sure he is the most athletic person Iíve ever seen. Speed, size, and cordination. Heís like jordan and kobe but faster, bigger, and stronger.

lebron was never as ďathleticĒ as jordan and kobe, heís just really ******* athletic for his size. Zion is bigger than lebron and has jordan and kobe athletetic ability. Dude moves like a ******* 285lb iverson. Dude just looks unreal.

He has near record breaking shooting performance.

Let name another guy thats big and got hops and is know for big dunks and huge blocks, blake griffin. Blake is 250lbs and has a vert of 35Ē. Zion is a whopping 35lbs bigger than him and has a 45Ē vert. 10 ******* inches higher!!! If blake touched simply put a mark with the tip of his fingers on the back board as high as he could, zion could ******* dunk on a rim that high. Just bonkers.

IMO you think bo jackson was an amazing athlete, zion would curb stomp him at nearly any athletic feat except maybe a sprint, and itíd be damn close even then.
Old 05-15-2019, 05:45 PM
Honda-Tech Platinum Member

Wilt
Old 05-15-2019, 05:49 PM
aka DaZman69!

Originally Posted by Setsuna F Seiei View Post
Wilt
Yeah forgot about him, ok zion is right behind wilt, and lebron is right behind zion

I doubt wilt is nearly as quick as zion, or could shoot as well. But wilts top speed, vert, and height just puts pretty much everybody else that ever played sports to shame.

I wish just one of these guys trained in ufc like they did in basketball. They would just ******* rip people to shreds.

Just watch zion play ball and imagine him trained and in a ufc ring, good lord. Zion weighs as much as brock lesnar.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:40 PM
Oracle of GDD

Yeah I don't know about him being just like Jordan and Kobe, he's not really. I'm not sold.
Old 05-15-2019, 07:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by sflkgjsfndgn View Post
Heís like jordan and kobe but faster, bigger, and stronger.
Thats where I stopped reading lol. Iíve yet to read an article that compares him to Jordan/Kobe.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:04 PM
aka DaZman69!

Originally Posted by DREWdabuilder View Post
Thats where I stopped reading lol. I’ve yet to read an article that compares him to Jordan/Kobe.
Well you probably shouldn’t have stopped, because He’s 6’7 285lbs, obviously nobody is going compare him as a whole to kobe or jordan. I was mearly comparing one attribute with them.

Spud webb is 5’7” and he could dunk, he has the same vert as zion. There I made a comparison to zion and spud webb.

Zion accelerates and cuts so fast he looks like a giant iverson. I just compared him to iverson.

The US has a similar language to the united kingdom. I just compared the us to the uk.

See how that works?

His style of play is bully ball, kinda like lebron. Kobe and jordan never had that ability, they always had to use technique. I’m saying zion has that technique and the lebron bully ball. It would help my case if he had a pretty looking jump shot, but he doesn’t. Nobody had better form than jordan and kobe. But his field goal percentage is up there. I’d bet its better than either of them during their college years, the only years we have to compare.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:07 PM
HNIC

No matter what the stats say Zion is just over 6’6. Average at best in the NBA, but he is strong and athletic. Lebron is taller and learned years ago he’s better at 250-255lbs. He could easily be 275. I can’t stand the guy, but to say he’s not that athletic is insane.

What worries me about Zion, and I’ve said this before, is that he’s only like 19 and still growing. They are going to have to keep his weight in check or he’s going to end up like Shawn Kemp.
Old 05-15-2019, 08:18 PM
aka DaZman69!

Originally Posted by vtecvoodoo View Post
I canít stand the guy, but to say heís not that athletic is insane..
Compared to kobe and jordan, lebron is not nearly as gifted athletically. They are some of the most cordinated people walking the earth. Lebrons size makes up for it though.

I think zion has the athetism of jordan and kobe, but with the brute force of lebron. But with more brute force than lebron. Gaurantee lebron doesnít move like zion at 275.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:06 PM
Cole Trickle

Y'all wild if you don't think LBJ plays at closer to 275 than 250.

Also Zion isn't a very good shooter. That's the one criticism, well that and he isn't a GREAT passer. He's not like LBJ, Kobe, KD or MJ.

My mental combo for him is PJ Tucker + bouncy Blake Griffin taken to their bounciest potential.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:14 PM
aka DaZman69!

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post

Also Zion isn't a very good shooter..
Williamsonís 68.4 percent effective field goal percentage is the third best posted by any 20-point scorer. Only Keith ďMisterĒ Jennings (a 5-foot-7 point guard from East Tennessee State who would later play for Don Nelsonís Golden State Warriors) and Michael Bradley (the center who played one season at Villanova in the early 2000s after transferring from Kentucky) ever posted better numbers.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:15 PM
Cole Trickle

Williamsonís 68.4 percent effective field goal percentage is the third best posted by any 20-point scorer. Only Keith ďMisterĒ Jennings (a 5-foot-7 point guard from East Tennessee State who would later play for Don Nelsonís Golden State Warriors) and Michael Bradley (the center who played one season at Villanova in the early 2000s after transferring from Kentucky) ever posted better numbers.
That's because he is incredibly dominant down low. His three point & free throw percentages are not good at all.

If he can get up to 35% from three and 75% from the line....he could be one of the most dominant players in the league. Though tbh I'd rather have Giannis.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:19 PM
aka DaZman69!

That's because he is incredibly dominant down low. His three point & free throw percentages are not good at all.

If he can get up to 35% from three and 75% from the line....he could be one of the most dominant players in the league. Though tbh I'd rather have Giannis.
33% is not bad at all, not exactly steph curry, but not bad

and that was his freshman year of basketball. Thats the same percentage as lbj

lbj has an overall fg% of 50%, compared to zions 68.4. Granted lbj is in the nba and we only have one year of college to look at. But seems like beyond anybody else currently playing, nobody has a higher chance of putting that ball in the hoop when they go for it.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:25 PM
aka DaZman69!

Shaq’s best season 60.11%, and you know he only plays in the paint, and he’s monster
Old 05-15-2019, 09:30 PM
footwork mastery

Y'all wild if you don't think LBJ plays at closer to 275 than 250.

Also Zion isn't a very good shooter. That's the one criticism, well that and he isn't a GREAT passer. He's not like LBJ, Kobe, KD or MJ.

My mental combo for him is PJ Tucker + bouncy Blake Griffin taken to their bounciest potential.
Youre forgetting LeBron wasnít a good shooter at all when he entered. Shots they can coach, raw size and athleticism they cannot.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:33 PM
aka DaZman69!

Originally Posted by .Grimace View Post
Youre forgetting LeBron wasnít a good shooter at all when he entered. Shots they can coach, raw size and athleticism they cannot.
And he already shoots better than lebron does now. Zion has the same 3pt% and a way higher FG%
Old 05-15-2019, 09:36 PM
aka DaZman69!

Sorry guys, after watching him play and reading about all his stats, there is no way in hell he’s not going to be an nba superstar. At worst he’s just going to be a run of the mill hall of famer. More likely he will be an all-time great.
Old 05-15-2019, 09:38 PM
Cole Trickle

Sorry guys, after watching him play and reading about all his stats, there is no way in hell heís not going to be an nba superstar. At worst heís just going to be a run of the mill hall of famer. More likely he will be an all-time great.
Welcome to what I thought after watching Duke play Kentucky in October lol. He's a special player, I just don't think he's Giannis/KD/LBJ level.

He could absolutely be better than Kobe though.

(Kobe at his best is worse than any of the three I listed above)
Old 05-16-2019, 06:38 AM
Cole Trickle

34 of the Bucks 44 attempts threes were considered 'wide open.'

The Bucks shot 11 for 44 and still won.

Oh lawd.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:52 AM
Oracle of GDD

Sorry guys, after watching him play and reading about all his stats, there is no way in hell heís not going to be an nba superstar. At worst heís just going to be a run of the mill hall of famer. More likely he will be an all-time great.
The hype train has no brakes I see.

Staying injury free will be Step 1.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:55 AM
Cole Trickle

Originally Posted by .Grimace View Post
Sometimes. Kawhi developed a shot

Not everyone does.

And he already shoots better than lebron does now. Zion has the same 3pt% and a way higher FG%
LeBron is better from the line and from three than Zion is. He's been basically the same level FT shooter his whole career.
Old 05-16-2019, 06:58 AM
Oracle of GDD

Sometimes. Kawhi developed a shot

Not everyone does.

LeBron is better from the line and from three than Zion is. He's been basically the same level FT shooter his whole career.
Kawhi was never a bad shooter.
Old 05-16-2019, 07:02 AM
Cole Trickle

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Kawhi was never a bad shooter.
Didn't SAS totally rework his shot?
Old 05-16-2019, 07:06 AM
Cole Trickle

Kawhi Leonard made the old Tony Parker look like a long-lost Korver brother. As DraftExpress noted before the 2011 lottery, virtually every one of Leonardís shooting metrics from his time at San Diego State were abysmal. Among the 17 wing prospects the site evaluated before the draft, Leonard was 15th in points per possession, 16th in points per shot on jumpers, 15th in points per possession on isolations, and dead last in adjusted field goal percentage. He shot just 32 percent on catch-and-shoot jumpers and 28 percent on pull-ups. While Leonard was still considered a talented player and was only 19 on draft day, his primary contributions at the professional level ó at least at first ó were expected to come from his defense, effort, and rebounding. (Miss you, Pruiti!)

The Spurs saw a lot of things they liked in Leonard, but they happened to have a coach who could fix the part of his game that nobody liked. Engelland doesnít discuss the particular players heís working with, but itís fair to assume that the Spurs evaluated Leonardís game closely and felt confident that Engelland could improve his shot before the team traded George Hill to the Pacers for Leonardís draft rights.

The night after the draft, Leonard rushed to Texas for his first shooting session with his new coach. There was good reason for Leonardís haste; the league was about to lock out its players, meaning that Engelland had just 72 hours to work with his new charge before he would be forced to cease all contact. First they altered Leonardís release point, shifting it from a spot over Leonardís head to one in front of his face. They drilled the new shot for a couple of days before the lockout hit, at which point Leonard was stuck familiarizing himself with his new mechanics by himself in Las Vegas and San Diego.6

Leonardís effort was well worth it. The new mechanics stuck, and Leonard has been an offensive asset ever since, especially during last yearís playoffs. To put what heís done in context, consider that Leonard shot an even 25 percent (41-for-164) on his 3-point attempts during his two years at school. Despite the presence of pro defenses and the extra three feet between the NBAís 3-point line and its college equivalent, Leonard has improved his 3-point shooting in the pros, hitting 37.6 percent of his 465 3-point attempts through three seasons. Sports-Reference.comís college basketball site has full-career data for NCAA players going back through the 1999 season. Since that time, no player who took 150 3-pointers in college before taking the same number of 3s in the pros has improved their shooting percentage on triples more than Kawhi Leonard has:

Old 05-16-2019, 08:11 AM
aka DaZman69!

LeBron is better from three than Zion is.
not according to stats

zion's 3pt shot is ugly AF, I'll give you that.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.