Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*OFFICIAL* Mass Shootings Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 03:11 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* Mass Shootings Thread

Old 04-14-2019, 04:22 PM
I like to party

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Gun was loaded in the diaper bag.
Old 04-14-2019, 04:28 PM
I like to party

Feel free to peruse this at your leisure Ross, there is over 250 examples of defensive gun use saving lives in this thread.

Examples of Concealed Carry Saving Lives! - Calguns.net
Old 04-14-2019, 04:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2019...ention-attack/

Sheriff: CCW Holder Helps Stop Pair Of Suspected Shoplifters From Stabbing Loomis Loss Prevention Employee

LOOMIS (CBS13) – Authorities are crediting a CCW holder with helping stop the violent assault of a Raley’s security guard.

The incident happened Sunday night at the Raley’s grocery store in Loomis.

According to the Placer County Sheriff’s Office, 25-year-old Brandon Smith and his girlfriend, 23-year-old Elizabeth Almand, were reportedly seen shoplifting from the store. A loss prevention employee confronted the couple – starting a fight between the guard and Smith.

Smith is suspected of pulling out a knife and cutting the guard’s finger. A struggle ensued and Almand is suspected of taking the knife.

At some point during the struggle, Smith reportedly shouted for Almand to stab the employee. This prompted a Good Samaritan to intervene.

The Good Samaritan was a registered CCW holder out of Calaveras County. He Yelled at Almand to drop the knife and she did; he also blocked her from getting the knife back before law enforcement officers could show up.

Both Smith and Almand were soon arrested. Deputies reportedly found about $50 worth of items stolen from the store.

The pair is now facing numerous charges, including robbery, conspiracy and assault with a deadly weapon.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:04 PM
Do you even red wheels?

Mass = one

Learn something new every day.
Old 04-14-2019, 05:08 PM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by 2LEM1 View Post
Feel free to peruse this at your leisure Ross, there is over 250 examples of defensive gun use saving lives in this thread.

Examples of Concealed Carry Saving Lives! - Calguns.net
And there's the plus side.

My point in posting all these mishaps is to show that you're safe and responsible until you're not.

When you guys tell me that having a gun isn't a big deal and that most of the time you don't even know it's there...isn't that exactly the mentality that leads to these accidents?
Old 04-14-2019, 08:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you're safe and responsible until you're not.

When you guys tell me that having a gun isn't a big deal and that most of the time you don't even know it's there...isn't that exactly the mentality that leads to these accidents?

It isn’t a big deal for a responsible law abiding citizen

some people get complacent and they pound it into your brain to not let that happen so accidents such as the ones you’ve been posting can be avoided
Old 04-14-2019, 09:49 PM
I like to party

5 Things You Should Never Do While Concealed Carrying | Gun Belts Blog

https://www.outdoorhub.com/stories/2...-need-holster/

https://www.usacarry.com/forums/conc...t-holster.html

No real gun enthusiast would encourage someone to carry without a holster or to carry off-body. It's not safe for the reasons you keep posting. It's too bad some people aren't responsible. Luckily, it's usually only them or their loved ones that suffer.
Old 04-15-2019, 07:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My point in posting all these mishaps is to show that you're safe and responsible until you're not.

Do you forget when your seat belt isnt on? No, you know when its not on.

That's how it is...
Old 04-15-2019, 07:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
man ford9n confirming my tin foil hat opinions about him in that thread

2LEM1 fighting the good fight tho
read the whole thread tho - like d16 said I mentioned I was fooled and I don't think it is a hoax. yet there are 3 members in gdd that constantly bring it up.
I should also mention this was 5 years ago.

Originally Posted by The GreenD16 View Post
To be fair, I believe ford9n has said he came around from that line of thinking and no longer thinks it was a hoax.
I don't think the 3 people that constantly bring this up are gonna care. appreciate you trying to help though

Yup, and I think there's a connection there
Old 04-15-2019, 08:20 AM
-Intl Steve Krew

That's not how it works.

Person is a dumbass if they put their gun in a diaper bag. That's not safe handling.

What people mean by 'you don't know it's there's is that you're so comfortable with it, it isn't an imposition. You're not consciously aware of it, but it is second nature to know of where it is at all times, and know it's condition. It becomes an extension of your arm/hand.

If that were the case, dude would likely not have taken his gun off his belt to 'conceal' it somewhere out of site (in the bag) and end up in this situation.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Caoboy View Post
What people mean by 'you don't know it's there's is that you're so comfortable with it, it isn't an imposition. You're not consciously aware of it, but it is second nature to know of where it is at all times, and know it's condition. It becomes an extension of your arm/hand.
Really not sure how Ross couldn’t grasp this concept.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:05 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Originally Posted by DREWdabuilder View Post
Relate it to a tennis racket.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:11 PM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by DREWdabuilder View Post
Because the #2ACrew were really minimizing what a big deal it is.

Of course that was just to make me seem like a ***** for taking the danger part of it seriously. That's the common theme.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:17 PM
I like to party

That's the common theme.
You being a *****?

Or us minimizing a big deal?
Old 04-15-2019, 12:18 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

You're not wrong for not being comfortable and complacent to the point of negligence with a firearm.

But you're wrong in the idea that firearms automatically mean someone is gonna die. .

Most of these cases of negligence you bring to the forefront, if people would not be complacent, and forget, that it is a deadly weapon in the wrong situation, they would not end up in those wrong situations. (Kid accidentally killing himself with daddies gun, diaper bag shooting, etc)

If it's the Sandy Hook incident, nobody can stop that. You don't know if somebody is going to snap. You, your SO, your kid. The combination to a safe is not something you think can be used against you.

As far as negligence, It's the same thing with machinery in a machine shop. Google lathe accidents if you dare. People get comfortable around the machines, get complacent, and forget that it will turn you into fresh ground hamberder if you **** up for a split second.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:18 PM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by 2LEM1 View Post
You being a *****?

Or us minimizing a big deal?
Both lol

You all think I'm a ***** for not wanting one

Then when I start to think about getting one but not sure I want that kind of lethal power in the house, I'm a *****

Do you not see how people get to a point where "Real men carry loaded guns in baby girl's diaper bag"?
Old 04-15-2019, 12:21 PM
Oracle of GDD

You're not wrong for not being complacent with a firearm.

But you're wrong in the idea that firearms automatically mean someone is gonna die. .
It doesn't, but getting a gun is the best way to increase your chances of getting shot lol

That's not debatable but 2LEM1 and Natedawg etc always want to debate it, because..."I'm not that dumbass"

But I guarantee you those dumbasses who shot themselves or their kids all thought the same thing

So not sure how to keep family safe without "being a *****"
Old 04-15-2019, 12:25 PM
I am SO fancy!

I think it's somewhere in between, and you guys may be busting Ross' chops a bit harshly.

Like 2LEM1, I maintain the safest place for a firearm is holstered or in a safe. "Holstered" has its own requirements to be safe - I heard where a flap of leather got pushed into the trigger guard. Yikes!

But yes, getting a firearm is a big deal. But it's like anything new, you develop a familiarity. However, you can't let that turn into complacency.

Haven't we had this talk before?

In the gun-guy circles, there is plenty of chastising over careless weapon handling.

You may want to consider shooting different calibers at a range before you pick one.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:26 PM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by silvertaxasteg View Post
I think it's somewhere in between, and you guys may be busting Ross' chops a bit harshly.
What do you expect? It's like Pit Bulls.

If you don't literally want to **** one, you must hate them and you're a terrible person.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:28 PM
I am SO fancy!

You're feisty today. Catching on at the new job well?
Old 04-15-2019, 12:29 PM
0x5359-0055

Anyone whose livelihood isn't based on guns, yet considers themselves part of "gun culture", is compensating for something.

:fitemeirl:
Old 04-15-2019, 12:30 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

So not sure how to keep family safe without "being a *****"
Well, you can go one extreme, or rather, keep on the same road of not ever buying a firearm.

You can go the other extreme of full bore gun culture.

You can pick somewhere in the middle, take classes, see if gun ownership is right for you, or a flirtation with 'the dark side'

Or you can sit here and argue with people all day long about safety and gun control and etc and not actually experience anything that you say you want to venture into.

I liken you to the dude who talks about how he's gonna track his car and wants to do this and that and never does, yet is constantly in the road race forum critiquing others on their line, discussion late braking theories, tire compounds, etc, yet literally has no real experience to back up any knowledge.

At some point you have to stop standing on the edge of the pool and dive in.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:32 PM
Oracle of GDD

I liken you to the dude who talks about how he's gonna track his car and wants to do this and that and never does, yet is constantly in the road race forum critiquing others on their line, discussion late braking theories, tire compounds, etc, yet literally has no real experience to back up any knowledge.
Go find my posts in the firearms thread and shove them in my face then.

This is the mass shootings thread, where we discuss gun violence, AKA the not-so-fun side.
Old 04-15-2019, 12:40 PM
-Intl Steve Krew

Go find my posts in the firearms thread and shove them in my face then.

This is the mass shootings thread, where we discuss gun violence, AKA the not-so-fun side.
I'm not trying to attack you for it. You're personalizing these posts with 'how do I keep my family safe' in a discussion where we are currently talking about ownership and handling, not mass shootings.

If I'm missing my mark, then I'll not continue, but I feel like you see these negligent situations and think it's going to happen to you.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *OFFICIAL* Mass Shootings Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.