*OFFICIAL* MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD. - Page 129 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

*OFFICIAL* MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD.

Old 07-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Honda-Tech Platinum Member

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD.

just started reading gantz from the start two weeks ago. I am now on the final chapter.

few things:

Reika is damnnn. I thought Kishimoto was bangin. Reika is next level.

Kurono is fuggen ghey.

**** is action-packed.

Any other recommendations. I also read Claymore
Old 07-20-2013, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I hated the anime. They were all f'n bitches.
Old 07-28-2013, 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by nightryder21 View Post
I hated the anime. They were all f'n bitches.
Yeah the anime ended prematurely. Kurono never really redeemed himself when the anime ended. Well he did bang that Lara Croft looking broad and groped the **** out of Kishimoto but other than that, he was a major *****.

He became the most reliable though after the anime.

Just started reading Noblesse again. Pretty good so far.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:52 PM
Suit up

Originally Posted by Setsuna F Seiei View Post
just started reading gantz from the start two weeks ago. I am now on the final chapter.

few things:

Reika is damnnn. I thought Kishimoto was bangin. Reika is next level.
Which is why I want to pick up the Reika Figma but it's a rare find.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:28 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Just started reading Noblesse again. Pretty good so far.
I didnt think you liked manwha? or maybe that was someone else?

anyway, if you like noblesse give tower of god and kubera a try too
Old 07-29-2013, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by stackz View Post
I didnt think you liked manwha? or maybe that was someone else?

anyway, if you like noblesse give tower of god and kubera a try too
No that was me. You recommended me Noblesse and Tower of God awhile back but I didn`t initially like both. I will have to start Tower of God again after I finish or at least catch up with Noblesse.

I just didn`t like the setup but now that I have this manga app on my phone, I can just breeze through them pages without having to sit in front of my pc

Last edited by Setsuna F Seiei; 07-31-2013 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 04:53 PM

Originally Posted by Spoon Sports View Post
Which is why I want to pick up the Reika Figma but it's a rare find.
Not into figures anymore but Gantz was fuggen awesome. One of the most non-ubiquitous stories I have ever read
Old 07-31-2013, 02:47 PM

Damnnnnn Tobirama just one-upped in my book. Dude is a prodigy. Has to be pound for pound top 4 of all time without bijuu hacks. Naruto x Sasuke were fuggen on point like them synchronized olympic swimmers and shiz

Bet Shikamaru will end up as a council member instead of Hokage lol
Old 07-31-2013, 05:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Just read the latest Naruto... damn that was ridiculous. I still can't help but feel disappointed that it seems that Madara and Hashirama are the pinnacle and everybody after them is just... well plain.
Old 07-31-2013, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by nightryder21 View Post
Just read the latest Naruto... damn that was ridiculous. I still can't help but feel disappointed that it seems that Madara and Hashirama are the pinnacle and everybody after them is just... well plain.
Bet Obito is about to showcase some God-level **** in the next chapter. Goes to show how ridiculous Madara is. He would have been definitely the best Sage though. Dude planned long term... best tactician in the series IMO.

As for the strongest in the Naruto universe... my list in order:
Post-valley of the death Madara with mokuton techs prior to lending his Rinnegan eyes to young Nagato
Prime Hashirama
Minato
Tobirama
Old 07-31-2013, 06:47 PM
who peed in my canteen!?

I read a distant neighborhood last week and finished up lady snowblood the other night. A distant neighborhood was a cool read on that nostalgia tip & lady snowblood was pure *****, blood, action, more *****, & more action. Oh and some lesbian action. I HIGHLY recommend it. AND at two volumes and four volumes long, they can be read in one sitting.
Old 07-31-2013, 10:37 PM
who peed in my canteen!?

This is what ill be reading next. Since the library has 24 of the 27 volumes I decided to split it up in two and head down to the LA library to check out the last 3.
Attached Images  
Old 08-01-2013, 04:55 AM
at the jetties fishin'

Bet Obito is about to showcase some God-level **** in the next chapter. Goes to show how ridiculous Madara is. He would have been definitely the best Sage though. Dude planned long term... best tactician in the series IMO.

As for the strongest in the Naruto universe... my list in order:
Post-valley of the death Madara with mokuton techs prior to lending his Rinnegan eyes to young Nagato
Prime Hashirama
Minato
Tobirama
I still dont see how this is all going to wrap up properly.

I mean you have an undead madara who has his "power from when he was alive...rinnegan" plus his new body is immortal AND kabuto made it "better than when he was alive"...AND he's got hashirama's powers now too. how can hashirama compete with that?

I mean at this point, the "body of the sage" and the "eyes of the sage" are all rolled up into madara's body. hashirama only has the body of the sage...

and on top of that you have uber obito now. even though he just took one to the chest somehow I doubt that will phase him.

I really dont see how this will get resolved unless they somehow manage to trap both madara and obito in another universe or something crazy like that?
Old 08-01-2013, 06:58 AM
who peed in my canteen!?

Is the naruto manga ending soon?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I don't think so. I'm sure Kishimoto has some other planned stuff. We have to deal with Sasuke wanting to become Hokage, Orochimaru coming back to life, The Kages dying (althought Tsunade is still alive), and after the war how are the villages going to deal with the jubis.
Old 08-01-2013, 02:24 PM
who peed in my canteen!?

Holy **** I thought orochimaru was done with by now.
About those kage. Does that include gara? (Sp?)
Old 08-01-2013, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by stackz View Post
I still dont see how this is all going to wrap up properly.

I mean you have an undead madara who has his "power from when he was alive...rinnegan" plus his new body is immortal AND kabuto made it "better than when he was alive"...AND he's got hashirama's powers now too. how can hashirama compete with that?

I mean at this point, the "body of the sage" and the "eyes of the sage" are all rolled up into madara's body. hashirama only has the body of the sage...

and on top of that you have uber obito now. even though he just took one to the chest somehow I doubt that will phase him.

I really dont see how this will get resolved unless they somehow manage to trap both madara and obito in another universe or something crazy like that?
lol true that. Gonna be some crazy plot twist! Tobirama invented the Edo Tensei though so he might have something up his sleeve against Madara.

Dunno about Obito... God-mode right now.Tobirama is a pimp though. "I got a gift for you" *hands Obito his ball back* :DEAD:
Old 08-01-2013, 02:30 PM

Yeah I can see Naruto going strong for another 1.5 yrs
Old 08-12-2013, 01:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Any Initial D Readers.... not sure if this has been posted before,

Initial D Manga Ceases Publication With “Final Stage”

Kodansha has released the final installment of the popular action comic Initial D in its August 6th edition of “Young Magazine” which hit store shelves at the end of July. For those of us in the United States who have followed Takumi Fujiwara’s story through the anime series via Netflix or Hulu, it matters little as we have not seen any new material in some time, but for readers of the comic, this marks the end of an epic 18 year run. Whether or not you are a fan, this is a series that has had a huge impact on car culture all over the world and so its passing is worthy of note.

If you have somehow managed to remain blissfully unaware of the world of Japanese comics, known as manga, some explanation is probably required. The first thing you need to know is that, unlike American comic books which are sold as individual books usually a just few dozen pages long, Japanese manga are huge blocks of recycled paper that appear to have more in common than a telephone book than they do a comic book. The pages are generally made of a grey newsprint that feels coarse under your fingers and the art, most of which is done in simple black and white, is easily smudged. Each publication has dozens of competing titles running in any given issue and only the most popular manage to work their way onto the cover or even into the foremost pages where they might, on occasion, be rewarded with a third color, red. Like the old fashioned American pulp fiction magazines of the 1930s and 40s, manga are mass marketed items that are cheap, quick to read and easily disposed of.

k-bigpic

The Japanese marketplace is jam packed with manga and virtually every convenience store, train station kiosk and book seller has dozens of fresh titles on display each week. Their titles are almost always printed in bold fonts and garish colors to attract the eye and their covers are filled with risqué images intended to tempt young men into laying down their hard earned Yen. Although it is a little slicker than some of the competition, Kodansha’s “Young Magazine” is no different than the norm, really, perhaps a little thinner than most but offering a few more full color pages up front, pages on slick paper that usually feature photos of young “idols” with vulnerable expressions wearing skimpy swimsuits and showing surprising amounts of cleavage while in the back of the book stories about sports, gangsters or the romantic entanglements of teens give the readers something only a touch more cerebral when they have exhausted the possibilities of those earlier pages. As I am not really a fan of Japanese manga anymore, and have never been a regular reader of this particular comic anyhow, it is hard for me to judge the quality or popularity of any of the series currently on offer; most seem unremarkable, but it is from these humble origins that Initial D arose, just one story in an already saturated marketplace.

That the series became a runaway hit and eventually an international phenomenon says something about the attention to detail involved in its creation. I say “creation” because unlike American comics, Japanese manga is not the sole work of one artist, but is instead the product of many combined talents. There is always the creator, the one who sits down and conceives the idea, determines the story line, exerts artistic control and manages the effort, but behind him or her are the artists, each a specialized part of the team, draftsmen to draw the buildings in the background, technical artists to ensure the accurate representation of the various vehicles in play, character artists to bring life to the people, letterers, inkers, shaders and probably dozens of other artists I have no idea about. The success or failure of the product ultimately depends upon each of these people, and it is safe to say that the artists involved with Initial D are all top notch.

D1

To those of us who are auto enthusiasts, what makes Initial D special is the fact that the technical artists have got the cars right. We can look at a single panel and tell exactly the kinds of cars that are pitted against one another as they battle their way up or down a mountain road. Our eyes are drawn to the details and the way the cars are depicted in Initial D is usually spot-on as well, the suspension on one wheel squatting as the car’s weight shifts in a hard turn or the sweep of a tachometer frozen in time at the edge of a panel as we look over the driver’s shoulder and out through the windshield at the road rushing towards us. But Initial D is deeper than just that, it features characters that are more-or-less believable, guys who want to be heroes but who struggle with their own limitations, young men who suffer life’s trials both on and off the road. Moreover, the situations depicted are familiar to many of the kids who actually read the book, the reality of dead end jobs, life with drunken, abusive fathers, a girlfriend who has an “arrangement” with an older guy on the side, and all of the generally stupid, reckless things that guys will do in the pursuit of excitement. It is an unflinching look into a working class Japanese world that despite its harshness remains filled with an odd, forlorn sort of glory; something that few of us in the West ever get the chance to see.

Now, it has ended. To be certain there are plans for another movie and still another anime series to bring everything to a close, but the ending of the manga means the end of original creative work taking place with the characters. Looking back, I can see that Initial D was a product of its time. That special time in the mid 1990s when the great Japanese cars of the late 80s/early 90s were just beginning to outlive their usefulness to their original owners and were hitting the used market in ever increasing numbers. A time when the youth of Japan were really beginning to absorb the fact that no matter how well educated or hardworking they were that, thanks to the economic crash at the beginning of the decade, they would likely never be as successful or as wealthy as their parents. It spoke to those kids, drove countless numbers of them into the car hobby and gave them hope. Although it continues to draw new fans, I wonder if the reason that Initial D is ending has anything to do with the fact that so many of us who were young when it made its debut have now outgrown it. Still, it will always be a part of our youth and it’s fitting, I think, that it ends in the 8/6 edition. Its been a hell of a ride.

initial-d-329270
Digsby
IM, Email, and Social Networks in one easy to use application!
http://digsby.com

Thomas M Kreutzer currently lives in Buffalo, New York with his wife and three children but has spent most of his adult life overseas. He has lived in Japan for 9 years, Jamaica for 2 and spent almost 5 years as a US Merchant Mariner serving primarily in the Pacific. A long time auto and motorcycle enthusiast he has pursued his hobbies whenever possible. He also enjoys writing and public speaking where, according to his wife, his favorite subject is himself.

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/201...h-final-stage/
Attached Images  
Old 10-23-2013, 03:56 AM
at the jetties fishin'

never really read initial D. I did watch the first two seasons of it and it was much easier to follow than the manga but I still couldnt really get into it.

anywho...naruto. ok. so they are basically breaking obito down, he'll probably cry in a chapter or two and then fade to death or something after they rip everything out of him...but...

I'm still wondering whats going to happen with madara. He's still there. everyone is focusing on obito, but madara is the origin of all this and before they switched to the fight against obito, madara did make the statement it was time for him to take over everything from obito. I have no clue what he's got up his sleeve.

Also, when all this is said and done...who will be stronger? naruto or sasuke?

I mean sasuke has his natural eyesight which is blooming, I can see him getting the rinnegen by the end of all the fighting. without the kyuubi though, naruto is just naruto. sure he's got sage tactics but he doesnt have the whole "sage body" like hashirama. hashirama was just a beast with natural talent, only thing that could really go toe/toe with a sharingan much less a chance against the rinnegen. naruto is just a distant relative. he's an uzumaki which isnt even the main branch of the sage body side of the family which is the senju.

oh yeah and I'm loving tower of god right now, workshop battle is getting intense!
Old 11-27-2013, 04:07 AM
at the jetties fishin'

ok, so madara is now alive again.

actually, its quite elegant and brilliant if you think about it. the rinnegan has the ability to bring the dead back to life. madara knew even though he activated it his body was going to give out regardless at one point even with the gedo statue keeping him alive.

he put his eyes into an uzumaki bloodline kid for safe keeping as probably any other bloodline would have died using the rinnegan. He created black zetsu to take over the person with the rinnegan and use the dead/life technique to bring him back to life. before he was ready for this, obito fell into his lap as even more insurance.

He always intended to be brought back one way or the other using black zetsu as his resurrection drone. kinda brilliant. now he's back to life at his prime AND with the rinnegan AND all the bijuu not being inside obito.

seriously I dont see how they will beat him at this point unless they can actually resurrect the sage himself lol.

I still dont understand how he knew how to break the updated version of the undead technique as orochimaru and kabuto both modified it. you'd think that would change it from the 2nd's original technique?
Old 05-15-2014, 06:56 AM
at the jetties fishin'

doubt anyone keeps up with the naruto manga anymore but its interesting to me that madara made the effort to pull obito's body out of the other dimension after taking his other rinnegan back.

also interesting is that black zetsu is now controlling obito's body...and using the other eye of obito that was taken from kakashi...means not only did madara take out the rinnegan from obito's left eye, but put back his original eye (so zetsu could see I guess?).

I wonder if obito is really dead right now or not? now both of his original eyes are back together. he's also got hashirama's dna attached to him in the form of his right half of his body. in effect, he's now just like madara and as such, if he isnt dead, should be able to awaken his own rinnegan.

Or, now that his eyes are back together, he should be able to use unique mangekyo powers associated with them kind of like how itachi and shisui had their own unique eye powers.

also kind of interesting that black zetsu hasnt left obito's dead body yet. kind of like back in chapter 665 when he tried to leave it but obito wouldnt let him. so maybe obito really is still alive since zetsu is stuck to him still?
Old 05-18-2018, 12:30 PM
at the jetties fishin'

Wow, dead thread is dead. Lol. So a new manga I picked up randomly while on layover yesterday in Charlotte....to you the immortal. Very interesting, especially once you get to chapter 54ish and he basically kills hayase...but then...
Old 05-18-2018, 12:40 PM

Lol Jesus I have no idea what I was saying.

I only read one piece weekly. Pretty big milestone just happened in the series recently
Old 05-18-2018, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Is this becoming a thing now?