Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*OFFICIAL* MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD.

Old 07-23-2007, 12:06 PM

Default *OFFICIAL* MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD.

well to be honest the only two mangas i keep up with are Naruto and Bleach, but i hate not being able to discuss what's goin on in the anime thread because that would spoil it for those who only watch the animes.

so...

here's the official manga thread! feel free to talk about anything manga related...i hope to get some interesting discussions started.

so let's hear some theories on who you think the Akatsuki "leader" was talking to in last weeks chapter.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:10 PM

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD. (Dacalac)

coulda sworn the title said manga discussion thread, not post your favorite letter thread.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:10 PM
Lan
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD. (Dacalac)

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Lan
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD. (PLAGUED_DB7)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by PLAGUED_DB7 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You cant spell LAME with Lan.... </TD></TR></TABLE>

hahaahhaha, thanks Sal
Old 07-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I concluded with Toby because he's the comedian, hasn't show his jutsu's yet which is why they can't kill him off.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:21 PM

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD. (SOL Food)

What is Manga? I have no idea what you're talking about, lol.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:24 PM

Default Re: (JDMAflac)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMAflac &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I concluded with Toby because he's the comedian, hasn't show his jutsu's yet which is why they can't kill him off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

true, but taking it from that and saying he's the real Akatsuki leader is kind of a stretch.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Honda Hick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What is Manga? I have no idea what you're talking about, lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

it's the Japanese version of comics.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:25 PM
MSP
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (JDMAflac)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by JDMAflac &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I concluded with Toby because he's the comedian, hasn't show his jutsu's yet which is why they can't kill him off.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well Tobi was supposedly hit with a vital blow by sasuke in the fight with Diedra, but was still able to run away. I think he might have a regen ability just like the other guy who was killed by shikamaru.

And I find it really strange that the leader of Akatsuki looks like naruto but with a crap load of piercings on his face.
Old 07-23-2007, 12:31 PM

Default Re: (MSP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MSP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

And I find it really strange that the leader of Akatsuki looks like naruto but with a crap load of piercings on his face. </TD></TR></TABLE>

now that you mention it he does kinda look like Naruto. maybe the whole Naruto's father theory might be true after all?
Old 07-23-2007, 12:34 PM
MSP
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOL Food)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOL Food &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

now that you mention it he does kinda look like Naruto. maybe the whole Naruto's father theory might be true after all? </TD></TR></TABLE>

It would make sense if it was his father, because there really was never any talk about his past besides the usual orphen not being accected because he has a demon in him blah blah blah. But I still think that Tobi is nothing more than a comedic relief and that it is the 4th hokage who is calling all the shots.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:24 PM

Default Re: (DC4Dan)

Yea i'm looking forward to the revealing of the leader of the akatsuki. I agree, i think Tobi was more of a useless character for comic relief. They do state that he is replaceable and wasn't that strong anyways. The head band of the leader had 4 veritcal lines what village is that again? It also seems that he answers to someone else.

Anyone read any other manga? I'm currently following Berserk, Bleach, Claymore, and Tenjou Tenge as well.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD. (E-Rok)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Honda Hick &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What is Manga? I have no idea what you're talking about, lol.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Manga translates to Graphic Novel or to put it in simple terms, a novel that uses pictures instead of words to illustrate a story.
Old 07-23-2007, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD. (NRZero)

I think that SOL Food had good intentions when making this thread but other people just found another way to postwhore. I love reading manga but I don't think the other people posting even care about the subject. What mangas are everyone else following?
Mine are

Naruto
Bleach
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
School Rumble

and a couple others that are already finished.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:07 PM
who peed in my canteen!?

Default Re: (onlyNls)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by onlyNls &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> The head band of the leader had 4 veritcal lines what village is that again?

</TD></TR></TABLE>

mist...?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Coach McGuirk)

I<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MSP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Well Tobi was supposedly hit with a vital blow by sasuke in the fight with Diedra, but was still able to run away. I think he might have a regen ability just like the other guy who was killed by shikamaru.

And I find it really strange that the leader of Akatsuki looks like naruto but with a crap load of piercings on his face. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Sasuke didn't do anything to Tobi. Tobi can't be dead with a flashback.... thats just how it works in Naruto. If you see a character flashback then that character is gonna die/betray someone/ or use "that" move. Tobi hasn't been around long enough to die yet nor have we been shown any of his techniques. I knew Sasuke was going to survive, because it wouldn't make sense for him to die now. Deidara was just an annoying character since he was introduced.

To change the subject, the Akatsuki leader doesn't really resemble Naruto to me. Alot of characters in Naruto have that same hairstyle. Look at Kiba, Kankuro and Jiraiyas hair and compare that to Naruto's. Whats even crazier is that he isn't even the leader because someone else is giving him orders. I think that that might be that Uchiha Mandara person that the Kyuubi was talking about before. Just one of my theories
Old 07-23-2007, 03:31 PM
who peed in my canteen!?

Default Re: (NRZero)

who's tobi.
And i thought itachi killed everyone in his clan except sasuke ?
Old 07-23-2007, 03:42 PM
MSP
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Coach McGuirk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Coach McGuirk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">who's tobi.
And i thought itachi killed everyone in his clan except sasuke ? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Tobi is one of the akatsuki members, that hasnt been introduced in the anime yet.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:51 PM
who peed in my canteen!?

Default Re: (MSP)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MSP &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Tobi is one of the akatsuki members, that hasnt been introduced in the anime yet. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 07-23-2007, 05:16 PM
Honda-Tech Platinum Member

Default Re: (Dacalac)

I wonder if Madar<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NRZero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I

Sasuke didn't do anything to Tobi. Tobi can't be dead with a flashback.... thats just how it works in Naruto. If you see a character flashback then that character is gonna die/betray someone/ or use "that" move. Tobi hasn't been around long enough to die yet nor have we been shown any of his techniques. I knew Sasuke was going to survive, because it wouldn't make sense for him to die now. Deidara was just an annoying character since he was introduced.

To change the subject, the Akatsuki leader doesn't really resemble Naruto to me. Alot of characters in Naruto have that same hairstyle. Look at Kiba, Kankuro and Jiraiyas hair and compare that to Naruto's. Whats even crazier is that he isn't even the leader because someone else is giving him orders. I think that that might be that Uchiha Mandara person that the Kyuubi was talking about before. Just one of my theories</TD></TR></TABLE>

good one. they wouldn`t just mention a "Madara Uchiha" and not make the character usable.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:33 PM
Team Purple

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD. (SOL Food)

If you think about it, Manotrite was beating Gardon for a good amount of time until Gardon got lucky and was able to cast off spell binder elite and fire away those rapid shots.

I think if Manotrite saved up his energy force and used Holy Wall to block Gardon's spell binder then he would have been able to go UNDER the rocks and hide until Gardon ran out of elites. Then Manotrite did some crazy things when he flung out his blades of betrayal and started tearing up Gardon's lead destroy keeper, Gigaflux. Amazing.

I'm just surprised Mantrotite didnt die, just like Phorosphus did.
Old 07-23-2007, 06:57 PM
who peed in my canteen!?

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD. (Honda-Tech Balla)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Honda-Tech Balla &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you think about it, Manotrite was beating Gardon for a good amount of time until Gardon got lucky and was able to cast off spell binder elite and fire away those rapid shots.

I think if Manotrite saved up his energy force and used Holy Wall to block Gardon's spell binder then he would have been able to go UNDER the rocks and hide until Gardon ran out of elites. Then Manotrite did some crazy things when he flung out his blades of betrayal and started tearing up Gardon's lead destroy keeper, Gigaflux. Amazing.

I'm just surprised Mantrotite didnt die, just like Phorosphus did.</TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry. no magic here.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD. (Coach McGuirk)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Coach McGuirk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

sorry. no magic here. </TD></TR></TABLE>

haha

I have my theories about the Naruto thing in a while
but for now Pein (the guy with the piercings) is the leader of Akatsuki and the guy telling him to go after the kyuubi (from behind the pipe) is probably some big spender who Akatsuki is using for his money since that was their whole goal of collecting the tailed beasts. Only someone with money would really be able to boss around the Akatsuki team if that was their goal.

I think Toby may show up again later on but he is not the leader only a subordanent.
You guys say how Deidara was just pushing him around like a kid
Old 07-23-2007, 08:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD. (vega_box)

Pein is the female Akatsuki. The leader hasn't been named yet. The leaders eyes look like hes under hypnosis or really dizzy.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:14 PM

Default Re: *OFFICIAL* MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD. (NRZero)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by NRZero &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Pein is the female Akatsuki. The leader hasn't been named yet. The leaders eyes look like hes under hypnosis or really dizzy.</TD></TR></TABLE>

oh, so that's what her name is. she looks like she has some pretty crazy jutsus. LOL maybe he's just really dizzy.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

the akatsuki leader is named pein. go read the chapter again. you'll see the girl is calling him pein.

or go to wikipedia. it's been edited for him to be pein. also he's from the hidden rain i think. hidden mist is kisame's village.

probably is just some random baller who like owns that city.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *OFFICIAL* MANGA DISCUSSION THREAD.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.