Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Old 04-15-2019, 03:29 PM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by GS'D YA View Post
that mafuggin dude
I got a little excited until I read the comments section from a local news station reporting on it.

People are are really ******* dumb, and it’s so disheartening thinking about these people voting. All the Trump supporters with some fashion of eagle in their profile pic were calling him a RINO. Uh, he’s more of a republican than the orange guy. He actually believes in constitutional rights, unlike Trump. Reading those comments made this frumpy white dude want to go punch the first frumpy white dude I ran across next.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
I got a little excited until I read the comments section from a local news station reporting on it.

People are are really ******* dumb, and it’s so disheartening thinking about these people voting. All the Trump supporters with some fashion of eagle in the profile pic were calling him a RINO. Uh, he’s more of a republican than the orange guy. He actually believes in constitutional rights, unlike Trump. Reading those comments made this frumpy white dude want to go punch the first frumpy white dude I ran across next.
Like I've said...people that have been conned...stay conned. Which is why they've got "Libertarians" in here riding that orangemandong all the way down

I'll love for him to debate those Rs tho
Old 04-15-2019, 03:37 PM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by rico91stang View Post
Love it.

But...no one eats Nancy, bro. You know this. She is as tough as they come. Which is why (R)s hate her. But given a choice, would you rather deal with her or AOC?

I'm guessing you got exposure to him when he was GJ's running mate?

I knew of him growing up, he did a Good job (maybe not great) as MA Gov. Much like Romney or Schwarzenegger, to be a Republican governor of a blue state requires a good balance and I certainly remember him being that. We could use that right now and like GK I'm disappointed that we aren't getting it from the Ds right now.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:39 PM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

Like Hogan?
Old 04-15-2019, 03:42 PM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

Originally Posted by Ross View Post

I'm guessing you got exposure to him when he was GJ's running mate?

I knew of him growing up, he did a Good job (maybe not great) as MA Gov. Much like Romney or Schwarzenegger, to be a Republican governor of a blue state requires a good balance and I certainly remember him being that. We could use that right now and like GK I'm disappointed that we aren't getting it from the Ds right now.
You know damn good and well that’s how I got exposed to him

After reading up on him in ‘16, the order of that ticket should have been flipped.

Let’s do this, Ross
Old 04-15-2019, 03:46 PM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

Originally Posted by GS'D YA View Post
Like I've said...people that have been conned...stay conned. Which is why they've got "Libertarians" in here riding that orangemandong all the way down

I'll love for him to debate those Rs tho
Yup, there were even “libertarians” in the comment section talking about how they would still vote for Trump. The **** is libertarian about stop and frisk and “I like taking the guns first”?

Amd yeah, he would **** Trump up in a debate. It would be so embarrassing for Trump, but once again, his supporters don’t care.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:48 PM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

In the end, I don’t think the GOP allows a primary challenger.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:49 PM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

You’re probably right, sadly.
Old 04-15-2019, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

After reading up on him in ‘16, the order of that ticket should have been flipped.
said that since jump

Old 04-15-2019, 04:47 PM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

People are are really ******* dumb, and it’s so disheartening thinking about these people voting. All the Trump supporters with some fashion of eagle in their profile pic were calling him a RINO. Uh, he’s more of a republican than the orange guy. He actually believes in constitutional rights, unlike Trump. Reading those comments made this frumpy white dude want to go punch the first frumpy white dude I ran across next.
You guys have GOT to get with the program. Its a team sport. You cant have division on your team. You ride or die with them.

This is the lesson Nancy has been trying to teach AOC and Ilhan.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:48 PM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

Love it.

But...no one eats Nancy, bro. You know this. She is as tough as they come. Which is why (R)s hate her. But given a choice, would you rather deal with her or AOC?
Man...its hard to say. I feel like we could destroy AOC. Nancy is to much of a Black belt in the game.
Old 04-15-2019, 04:55 PM
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

You guys have GOT to get with the program. Its a team sport. You cant have division on your team. You ride or die with them.

This is the lesson Nancy has been trying to teach AOC and Ilhan.
Sure, but in this analogy Nick Foles is an available free agent but the fans want to stick with the punter at QB. Doesn’t make sense.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:18 PM
Cole Trickle

Ross trying to make sure when RBG dies she's replaced by another Scalia or Thomas.

Still claiming you're not a republican?
Old 04-15-2019, 05:33 PM
Oracle of GDD

Originally Posted by The GreenD16 View Post
Like Hogan?
I don't think so. Hogan has a great gig and taking on Trump is too big a risk. He'd have to go all-in and I'm not sure he could or should.

Weld has nothing to lose here, and if he actually catches fire a bit then great. Right now it's a more symbolic challenge than anything.

Originally Posted by The GreenD16 View Post
In the end, I don’t think the GOP allows a primary challenger.
I believe that most Republicans know how bad Trump is, they just can't cross him publicly without losing a primary themselves.

If a real, viable candidate comes along...

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
Ross trying to make sure when RBG dies she's replaced by another Scalia or Thomas.

The best way to make sure we get more Trumpism is to refuse to support electable (D)s, AKA The Bluu-State Strategy.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:39 PM
Cole Trickle

The best way to make sure we get more Trumpism is to refuse to support electable (D)s, AKA The Bluu-State Strategy.
You literally just said you're favoring a republican.

You can GK talk unity bill garbage.

Please, tell me about these electable Dems, the ones that won't give people affordable healthcare, that won't fight climate change in any way, etc. People get disillusioned by Dems that don't do anything.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

You're late reposting this already when it was already discussed this morning
Old 04-15-2019, 05:52 PM
Oracle of GDD

You literally just said you're favoring a republican.

You can GK talk unity bill garbage.

Please, tell me about these electable Dems, the ones that won't give people affordable healthcare, that won't fight climate change in any way, etc. People get disillusioned by Dems that don't do anything.
Obama gave us more affordable healthcare and your camp are just pissed because it wasn't UHC.

If we'd elected Clinton, Obamacare would have survived and we could have moved gradually toward single-payer.

But our purity tests and distaste for boring centrist administrators gave us Trump, so now we get to start all over again. And it's not like the public is any closer to favoring single-payer.

Obama did a lot to promote nature conservation and green energy, now Trump is undoing it all. Elections have consequences.

Being in your camp is easy. You just sit there while (R)s wreck the country and blame it all on the only people who could have done something about it.

AOC isn't going to give you affordable healthcare or action on climate change, she's just going to talk about it and get on the news.

Boring centrist Dems won't give you exactly what you want, but they can stop things from getting worse.
Old 04-15-2019, 05:53 PM
Oracle of GDD

Omar does it again lol

9/11 was "some people did something"

Now Notre Dame is "art and architecture"

Old 04-15-2019, 06:29 PM
Tickle-shits

Omar does it again lol

https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/sta...47302348566528
She really is an idiot
Old 04-15-2019, 07:29 PM
BCICAN

LMFAO @ calling Ross a republican

Old 04-15-2019, 07:41 PM

Sure, but in this analogy Nick Foles is an available free agent but the fans want to stick with the punter at QB. Doesn’t make sense.
Nah, Trump is going to win in 2020, and pretty easily too I think.
Old 04-15-2019, 08:12 PM
Cole Trickle

Obama gave us more affordable healthcare and your camp are just pissed because it wasn't UHC.

If we'd elected Clinton, Obamacare would have survived and we could have moved gradually toward single-payer.

But our purity tests and distaste for boring centrist administrators gave us Trump, so now we get to start all over again. And it's not like the public is any closer to favoring single-payer.

Obama did a lot to promote nature conservation and green energy, now Trump is undoing it all. Elections have consequences.

Being in your camp is easy. You just sit there while (R)s wreck the country and blame it all on the only people who could have done something about it.

AOC isn't going to give you affordable healthcare or action on climate change, she's just going to talk about it and get on the news.

Boring centrist Dems won't give you exactly what you want, but they can stop things from getting worse.
The ACA was progress but not exactly a great program for the working poor. Also most Americans support single payer.

Progress achieved slowly like the ACA is easily undone by the GOP. Large scale change is harder to undo.

The voters have rather spoken out against boring centrist Dems. Remember that.

Omar does it again lol

https://twitter.com/WalshFreedom/sta...47302348566528
Now you're reaching Rico.

For most people notre Dame is exactly that.
Old 04-15-2019, 10:50 PM
INTECHNICOLOR

Originally Posted by rino924 View Post
Mayor Pete announced today. Even though I typically lean right, still excited for the guy.
I'm getting excited about him. Reminds me of when Obama got popular. Exactly the kind of energy the party needs again. He's young, intelligent, humble, articulate, a veteran...everything Trump isn't. I think he has a real shot.
Old 04-15-2019, 11:07 PM
INTECHNICOLOR

******* EXACTLY. Just vote for the god damn democrat or else things will get worse and the country will regress. I don't know why they can't understand this. You can sit at home and pout about your favorite not being the candidate, and then deal with 4 years of bullshit and bad things. Guess what you proved, nothing.
Old 04-16-2019, 12:38 AM
Grandpa

Originally Posted by Blackpin93 View Post
I'm getting excited about him. Reminds me of when Obama got popular. Exactly the kind of energy the party needs again. He's young, intelligent, humble, articulate, a veteran...everything Trump isn't. I think he has a real shot.
His address to the French people (in French) impressed them, and it certainly surprised me.

I am impressed, the more I find out.

What concerns me is that I had never heard of him until now. In 2006, though, I don’t think I heard of Obama either.

Do do you think his international experience translates into diplomatic experience?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.