*The Official Politics Thread Version 32* - Page 11 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

*The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

 
Old 03-09-2019, 04:47 AM
  #251  
GDD Member
iTrader: (1)
 
slomofo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: SL,UT
Posts: 236
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post


AOC...I dunno. She's had some bright moments. Maybe she will calm down enough to be of use.

What bright moments are you referring to? She's the Sarah Palin of the Democratic party; a complete moron put in place by the party because her gender and race fills a few check marks out that the party believes will sway a certain demographic of voters in future elections.
slomofo is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 04:48 AM
  #252  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,738
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Tsk. Such strong opinions.
George Knighton is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 04:51 AM
  #253  
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1
iTrader: (1)
 
rico91stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: THE Bay Area
Posts: 3,216
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
You forget Nancy's in charge.

You'll notice that when cornered by the press Ms Pelosi continued to be able to divert the reporters back to Ms Omar, saying that only she could explain herself and that it might have been that Omar misunderstood her audience and the underlying implications when she supposed such words would not come back to haunt her. It was around this time that Omar apologized.

Omar's in trouble. The very sight of a woman who is a Democrat but also feels obliged to wear a hijab raises the hackles of some kinds of Democrats. The majority overlook what she is saying when she wears a hijab. But an influential, vocal minority on the fringes is clearly questioning how she could be a Democrat at all.

If you have to wear a hijab, are you still able to say you are fully the equal of men? 0_o

AOC...I dunno. She's had some bright moments. Maybe she will calm down enough to be of use.
Pelosi BARELY got the Speaker of the house vote and Ilhan and AOC know this. She is no longer in control of the party and she is most CERTAINLY doesnt have control of Omar and AOC.
rico91stang is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 05:05 AM
  #254  
Cole Trickle
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 94
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Omar wears a hijab :OMG:

A reminder that religious freedom only extends as far as Christianity and Judaism in the US.

There's no reason you can't be a feminist and wear a hijab.
moopmoop is online now  
Old 03-09-2019, 05:17 AM
  #255  
Bloody Beaver
 
.Beaver's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Location: Ulft, NL
Posts: 16,590
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by slomofo View Post
What bright moments are you referring to? She's the Sarah Palin of the Democratic party; a complete moron put in place by the party because her gender and race fills a few check marks out that the party believes will sway a certain demographic of voters in future elections.
this means a lot from someone who’s a bigger troll than Rico.
.Beaver is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 05:18 AM
  #256  
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1
iTrader: (1)
 
rico91stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: THE Bay Area
Posts: 3,216
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by .Beaver View Post

this means a lot from someone who’s Rico.
FTFY

rico91stang is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 05:19 AM
  #257  
Cole Trickle
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 94
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by .Beaver View Post

this means a lot from someone who’s a bigger troll than Rico.
Hey man, he's taking a lot of time out of his schedule of never posting except when a race thread comes up so he can wander in, call the non-white posters the real racists and go back to whatever basement he crawled out of
moopmoop is online now  
Old 03-09-2019, 05:24 AM
  #258  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,738
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by Nancy Pelosi
All chocolate is a wonderful thing.
"Donald Trump’s shutdown cave-in has proved Pelosi has the upper hand with Trump in a way that no woman, at least publicly, ever has. "
George Knighton is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 05:26 AM
  #259  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,738
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
Omar wears a hijab :OMG:

A reminder that religious freedom only extends as far as Christianity and Judaism in the US.

There's no reason you can't be a feminist and wear a hijab.
In all seriousness, could you please take a moment to expand on this?

I've been wondering about this myself, and it seems to me as an outsider that the hijab represents a kind of anti-feminist thought.

So please, help me out with this.
George Knighton is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 05:59 AM
  #260  
Cole Trickle
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 94
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
In all seriousness, could you please take a moment to expand on this?

I've been wondering about this myself, and it seems to me as an outsider that the hijab represents a kind of anti-feminist thought.

So please, help me out with this.
I want to preface this with: I'm a straight white guy, I can't claim to be an expert on this and were there more women contributors to thread I'd let them lead the topic, but blackpin isn't always around and it shouldn't fall solely on her.

The way it has been explained to me is that this is another measure in which a woman can have control over her body. If a woman wants to dress in a revealing manner, that is her right and ditto if she wants to dress in a modest way in keeping with her religion of choice. While Islam may be fundamentally conservative (in much the same ways christianity & judaism are, albeit in a younger religion), to be able to freely express those beliefs is in its essence progressive & asserting one's own control.

If the aim of feminism is equality, the wearing of religious garb is just that. It would be an attack on equality were we to tell men not to wear yarmulke if their faith requires it.

This is all my opinion and my perception of things.
moopmoop is online now  
Old 03-09-2019, 06:01 AM
  #261  
Grandpa
 
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: Siege Perilous
Posts: 94,738
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Hmmm.

I'll be thinking about this. Thank you for replying.
George Knighton is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 06:15 AM
  #262  
Honda-Tech Member
 
njn63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Michigan
Posts: 6,522
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by George Knighton View Post
AOC...I dunno. She's had some bright moments. Maybe she will calm down enough to be of use.
The amount of space she's occupying in conservative's heads is already useful.
njn63 is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 06:39 AM
  #263  
Oracle of GDD
 
Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: a lake in VA
Posts: 11,898
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
I want to preface this with: I'm a straight white guy, I can't claim to be an expert on this and were there more women contributors to thread I'd let them lead the topic, but blackpin isn't always around and it shouldn't fall solely on her.

The way it has been explained to me is that this is another measure in which a woman can have control over her body. If a woman wants to dress in a revealing manner, that is her right and ditto if she wants to dress in a modest way in keeping with her religion of choice. While Islam may be fundamentally conservative (in much the same ways christianity & judaism are, albeit in a younger religion), to be able to freely express those beliefs is in its essence progressive & asserting one's own control.

If the aim of feminism is equality, the wearing of religious garb is just that. It would be an attack on equality were we to tell men not to wear yarmulke if their faith requires it.

This is all my opinion and my perception of things.
Lol, who explained it to you this way?

And who told you that women in the Muslim community have the right to dress revealingly?
Ross is online now  
Old 03-09-2019, 06:42 AM
  #264  
Tickle-shits
 
Tokyosmash!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Clarksville, Tennessee
Posts: 3,895
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
Omar wears a hijab :OMG:

A reminder that religious freedom only extends as far as Christianity and Judaism in the US.

There's no reason you can't be a feminist and wear a hijab.
Nothing says “women are equal to men” quite like a symbol of oppression of females Touting it as a piece of religious clothing misses the mark.
Tokyosmash! is online now  
Old 03-09-2019, 06:43 AM
  #265  
Honda-Tech Member
 
GS'D YA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NH (south canada)
Posts: 2,297
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by The GreenD16 View Post
Originally Posted by GS'D YA View Post
ShE SoLd tHe bUsInEsS
GS'D YA is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 06:44 AM
  #266  
Oracle of GDD
 
Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: a lake in VA
Posts: 11,898
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by moopmoop View Post
Y'all are united by fear

It is so strange
Having to continually explain that the Democratic party is not anti-Semitic helps liberals/Dems how exactly?

Omar is unrepentant about what she said, that alone shows that she meant to cause offense and is happy to be doing it.
Ross is online now  
Old 03-09-2019, 06:52 AM
  #267  
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mar778c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 7,065
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by Tokyosmash! View Post


Nothing says “women are equal to men” quite like a symbol of oppression of females Touting it as a piece of religious clothing misses the mark.
Lol, making a superficial remark does actually miss the mark.
mar778c is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 06:54 AM
  #268  
Tickle-shits
 
Tokyosmash!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Clarksville, Tennessee
Posts: 3,895
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Where exactly am I wrong.
Tokyosmash! is online now  
Old 03-09-2019, 06:54 AM
  #269  
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mar778c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 7,065
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Omar is unrepentant about what she said, that alone shows that she meant to cause offense and is happy to be doing it.
Actually she does have support. As for her offense, I struggle to understand the "offense".
mar778c is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 06:56 AM
  #270  
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mar778c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 7,065
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by Tokyosmash! View Post
Where exactly am I wrong.
Check some posts north of yours.
mar778c is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 06:57 AM
  #271  
Tickle-shits
 
Tokyosmash!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Clarksville, Tennessee
Posts: 3,895
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

She sees Israeli’s and Jews in general as lesser human beings
Tokyosmash! is online now  
Old 03-09-2019, 06:57 AM
  #272  
Oracle of GDD
 
Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: a lake in VA
Posts: 11,898
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by mar778c View Post
Actually she does have support. As for her offense, I struggle to understand the "offense".
She has plenty of support. The Left is abandoning Israel and has been for some time.

If you want to understand the offense, think back to all the things that were said about Obama and his loyalties/heritage re Kenya.
Ross is online now  
Old 03-09-2019, 07:01 AM
  #273  
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mar778c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 7,065
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
The Left is abandoning Israel and has been for some time.
Why?
mar778c is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 07:02 AM
  #274  
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1
iTrader: (1)
 
rico91stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: THE Bay Area
Posts: 3,216
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by Tokyosmash! View Post
She sees Israeli’s and Jews in general as lesser human beings
This X100.

And the Defense of her is disgusting.
rico91stang is offline  
Old 03-09-2019, 07:04 AM
  #275  
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mar778c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 7,065
Default Re: *The Official Politics Thread Version 32*

Originally Posted by rico91stang View Post
This X100.

And the Defense of her is disgusting.
Sure, Steve King.
mar778c is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.