***Official Yuge Trump Thread*** - Page 51 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Old 11-23-2016, 07:02 PM   #1251
Parties with 2LEM1

Default re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonJ View Post
Haha...salty rico and his minions have revealed their desperation.
The only one sweating here is you chunky butt.
Brice.Hayden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:09 PM   #1252
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brice.Hayden View Post
The only one sweating here is you chunky butt.
Haha...Brice be triggered.

Former User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:54 PM   #1253
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:

GS'D YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:02 PM   #1254
Honda-Tech Member

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/23/op...pgtype=article

Cliffs: I think Charles should tell PEOTUS Trump how he really feels.

Quote:
The Opinion Pages OP-ED COLUMNIST

No, Trump, We Can’t Just Get Along

Charles M. Blow
NOV. 23, 2016

Donald Trump schlepped across town on Tuesday to meet with the publisher of The New York Times and some editors, columnists and reporters at the paper.

As The Times reported, Trump actually seemed to soften some of his positions:

He seemed to indicate that he wouldn’t seek to prosecute Hillary Clinton. But he should never have said that he was going to do that in the first place.

He seemed to indicate that he wouldn’t encourage the military to use torture. But he should never have said that he would do that in the first place.

He said that he would have an “open mind” on climate change. But that should always have been his position.

You don’t get a pat on the back for ratcheting down from rabid after exploiting that very radicalism to your advantage. Unrepentant opportunism belies a staggering lack of character and caring that can’t simply be vanquished from memory. You did real harm to this country and many of its citizens, and I will never — never — forget that.

As I read the transcript and then listened to the audio, the slime factor was overwhelming.

After a campaign of bashing The Times relentlessly, in the face of the actual journalists, he tempered his whining with flattery.

At one point he said:

“I just appreciate the meeting and I have great respect for The New York Times. Tremendous respect. It’s very special. Always has been very special.”

He ended the meeting by saying:

“I will say, The Times is, it’s a great, great American jewel. A world jewel. And I hope we can all get along well.”

I will say proudly and happily that I was not present at this meeting. The very idea of sitting across the table from a demagogue who preyed on racial, ethnic and religious hostilities and treating him with decorum and social grace fills me with disgust, to the point of overflowing. Let me tell you here where I stand on your “I hope we can all get along” plea: Never.

You are an aberration and abomination who is willing to do and say anything — no matter whom it aligns you with and whom it hurts — to satisfy your ambitions.

I don’t believe you care much at all about this country or your party or the American people. I believe that the only thing you care about is self-aggrandizement and self-enrichment. Your strongest allegiance is to your own cupidity.

I also believe that much of your campaign was an act of psychological projection, as we are now learning that many of the things you slammed Clinton for are things of which you may actually be guilty.

You slammed Clinton for destroying emails, then Newsweek reported last month that your companies “destroyed emails in defiance of court orders.” You slammed Clinton and the Clinton Foundation for paid speeches and conflicts of interest, then it turned out that, as BuzzFeed reported, the Trump Foundation received a $150,000 donation in exchange for your giving a 2015 speech made by video to a conference in Ukraine. You slammed Clinton about conflicts of interest while she was secretary of state, and now your possible conflicts of interest are popping up like mushrooms in a marsh.

You are a fraud and a charlatan. Yes, you will be president, but you will not get any breaks just because one branch of your forked tongue is silver.

I am not easily duped by dopes.

I have not only an ethical and professional duty to call out how obscene your very existence is at the top of American government; I have a moral obligation to do so.

I’m not trying to convince anyone of anything, but rather to speak up for truth and honor and inclusion. This isn’t just about you, but also about the moral compass of those who see you for who and what you are, and know the darkness you herald is only held at bay by the lights of truth.

It’s not that I don’t believe that people can change and grow. They can. But real growth comes from the accepting of responsibility and repenting of culpability. Expedient reversal isn’t growth; it’s gross.

So let me say this on Thanksgiving: I’m thankful to have this platform because as long as there are ink and pixels, you will be the focus of my withering gaze.

I’m thankful that I have the endurance and can assume a posture that will never allow what you represent to ever be seen as everyday and ordinary.

No, Mr. Trump, we will not all just get along. For as long as a threat to the state is the head of state, all citizens of good faith and national fidelity — and certainly this columnist — have an absolute obligation to meet you and your agenda with resistance at every turn.

I know this in my bones, and for that I am thankful.
Old 11-24-2016, 06:33 AM   #1255
Master Ninja

Preach!
Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 06:39 AM   #1256
I really don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightsport View Post
Too late, I won.

#KnightStaysWinning
A D NOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 06:43 AM   #1257
I really don't know

Quote:
Originally Posted by signalpuke View Post
Half of America didn't even vote.

They probably don't give a **** about the media's opinion either.

If I think of anything related to the 'alt' whatever, that is the alt media.

I understand and respect people that watch both, and form their own opinions.

Not everyone wants to be pandered to or spoon fed.

Some people enjoy thinking for themselves.
preach it sister

I actually prefer listening to the opposition speak more than what I support.

One doesn't get more smarterer by debating with yes men.
A D NOH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 06:59 AM   #1258
0x5359-0055

Quote:
You are an aberration and abomination who is willing to do and say anything no matter whom it aligns you with and whom it hurts to satisfy your ambitions.
213374U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 07:10 AM   #1259
Honda-Tech Member

wow...mud slinging continues...
tony_2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 08:02 AM   #1260
Honda-Tech Member

lolol
xtreme26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 08:52 AM   #1261
Honda-Tech Member

Cliffs: Many American companies are opposed to abandoning the Paris climate deal.

Quote:
U.S. Companies to Trump: Don’t Abandon Global Climate Deal

By HIROKO TABUCHI
NOV. 16, 2016

Hundreds of American companies, including Mars, Nike, Levi Strauss and Starbucks, have urged President-elect Donald J. Trump not to abandon the Paris climate deal, saying a failure by the United States to build a clean economy endangers American prosperity.

In a plea addressed to Mr. Trump — as well as President Obama and members of Congress — 365 companies and major investors emphasized their “deep commitment to addressing climate change,” and demanded that he leave in place low-emissions policies in the United States.

“Failure to build a low-carbon economy puts American prosperity at risk,” the companies said in a joint letter announced on Wednesday in Marrakesh, Morocco, where global leaders are determining the next steps for the Paris deal. “But the right action now will create jobs and boost U.S. competitiveness.”

The companies also said that they would push ahead with their own targets to reduce their carbon footprints regardless of steps taken by Mr. Trump once he is in office. During his campaign, Mr. Trump, who has called climate change a hoax, pledged to leave the Paris accord, dismantle the Environmental Protection Agency and undo Mr. Obama’s climate change policies.

“This doesn’t change our commitments,” said Kevin Rabinovitch, global sustainability director at Mars, which has pledged to eliminate 100 percent of its greenhouse gas emissions from its factories and offices by 2040. “We’re doing this because we see a real business risk. We see a real business problem.”

Businesses large and small have scrambled in the days since Mr. Trump’s victory to chart their next moves in an uncertain regulatory situation. Mr. Trump’s campaign pledges and musings have been driven by the belief that the economy will grow faster if businesses are freed from cumbersome federal regulations, especially those that limit carbon emissions.

The president-elect has heightened environmentalists’ fears that his administration will take on an anti-climate, anti-environment bent by appointing the climate contrarian Myron Ebell to lead the E.P.A. transition. Climate change activists have denounced Mr. Ebell, whose Competitive Enterprise Institute has received funding from oil and gas interest groups.

Some corporations, like the country’s largest automakers, have already seized on a potential upside to the president-elect’s leanings, urging a rethinking of stringent federal auto emissions standards. An easing of federal standards for passenger cars, which together with the rest of the transportation sector emit more carbon dioxide than any other part of the American economy, could have immense implications for overall emissions.

Others, like solar and wind power companies, have raced to find common ground with Mr. Trump, pressing for reassurances that his administration will not slash investment in renewable energy or alter federal tax credits on renewable energy projects.

“Mr. Trump talks about infrastructure, he talks about jobs,” said Michael Skelly, founder and president of Clean Line Energy Partners, a company based in Houston that builds transmission lines for renewable energy.

“What we’re creating are welding jobs, steel manufacturing jobs, in Kansas, Oklahoma, Iowa,” he said. “These are projects that create income for landowners, create jobs in the middle of the country.”

The stakes are high. Damage from climate change — especially from extreme weather events like hurricanes, flooding and drought — could shave as much as 5 percent off annual global gross domestic product by 2100, according to a study commissioned by the British government that is considered one of the most comprehensive.

Environmental groups have been left with the daunting prospect that, with a climate skeptic in the White House, they will need to look directly to corporations to assume the mantle of leading the country’s response to climate change. But without strict regulatory standards or oversight, companies will be left freer to pick and choose which climate-friendly policies to pursue, and which they will choose to ignore or abandon.

Still, some American corporations have already made significant efforts to reduce their environmental footprints. So reversing them now would be disruptive not just for the environment, but for their bottom line. And even with a move away from climate-friendly policies back home, American corporations face tightening regulations overseas.

“Now more than ever, Levi Strauss believes it is important to reaffirm our commitment to address climate change by supporting the Paris Climate Agreement,” said Michael Kobori, the company’s vice president for sustainability.

“Building an energy-efficient economy in the U.S. will ensure our nation’s competitiveness,” he said, “and position U.S. companies as leaders in the global market — all while doing the right thing for our planet.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/17/business/energy-environment/us-companies-to-trump-dont-abandon-global-climate-deal.html?contentCollection=weekendreads&action=cl ick&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=c-column-middle-span-region&region=c-column-middle-span-region&WT.nav=c-column-middle-span-region
Old 11-24-2016, 10:58 AM   #1262
Parties with 2LEM1

Quote:

at you idiots and your buzzwords. Do you even understand who Ron Swanson is?
Old 11-24-2016, 11:04 AM   #1263
I like to party

Correlation does not imply causation.

The world has gotten hot before.

Show me PROOF that we are causing an increase in the earth's temperature.

Until then, all I hear is
2LEM1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:04 AM   #1264
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
Do you even understand who Ron Swanson is?
Absolutely, the comedian who pokes fun at triggered Brice.

He also likes woodwork.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2LEM1 View Post
I am smarter than all of the top climate scientists combined, and I also believe fake news.
Convincing argument^
Old 11-24-2016, 11:18 AM   #1265
El Chico

Quote:
Correlation does not imply causation.

The world has gotten hot before.

Show me PROOF that we are causing an increase in the earth's temperature.

Until then, all I hear is
Theoretical science is....theoretical.

If you knew of your theoretical death would you not at least wish to examine possible remedies? Or would you just say there is no proof and hope for the best?

No need to reply, just a little context on theoretical science.
Knightsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:24 AM   #1266
GDD's Dr. Phil?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightsport View Post
Theoretical science is....theoretical.

If you knew of your theoretical death would you not at least wish to examine possible remedies? Or would you just say there is no proof and hope for the best?

No need to reply, just a little context on theoretical science.
You're probably the most sensible, intuitive liberal on this site.
oneludesol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:28 AM   #1267
Parties with 2LEM1

Quote:
Absolutely, the comedian who pokes fun at triggered Brice.

He also likes woodwork.
I think it's cute that you think words can "trigger" me.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:33 AM   #1268
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
I think it's cute that you think words can "trigger" me.
Yes, I think words can trigger you.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:37 AM   #1269
I like to party

I'm actually all for reducing our reliance on fossil fuels. It's the logical thing to do. We have a finite amount of resources, using non renewables forever just doesn't make sense.
But I also don't think we're in danger of melting the ice caps and burning up the planet. The evidence just isn't there. When you look at where all the methane in the world is coming from, it's surprisingly is not the US or Europe. When NASA comes out and says "actually there's more ice than there was 30 years ago, oops". When you have to fudge data to create a .6 difference in temperature, when the earth has gone through 'unexplained' hot periods before in the medieval times, then yeah, I tend to be skeptical until I see something called proof.

But then again, I feel the same way about religion, and nobody calls me crazy for that.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:44 AM   #1270
Honda-Tech Member

Quote:
But I also don't think we're in danger of melting the ice caps.
Umm...this is already happening. It's not speculation.

Quote:
When NASA comes out and says "actually there's more ice than there was 30 years ago, oops".
Please post a reputable link supporting this claim.

Quote:
When you have to fudge data to create a .6 difference in temperature
Please post a link to this claim of "fudging" scientific data.

By the way 2LEM1, you are earning a well deserved reputation for posting false information. A recent example is your vehement claim that the alt-right does not exist. Do you still hold to this assertion?

https://honda-tech.com/forums/genera.../#post51115259
Old 11-24-2016, 11:50 AM   #1271
Master Ninja

Eddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:53 AM   #1272
I like to party

Quote:
Please post a reputable link supporting this claim.
How about NASA you silly ****.

https://www.nasa.gov/feature/goddard...er-than-losses
Old 11-24-2016, 11:54 AM   #1273
I like to party

PS, my reputation is stellar, yours is the one that sucks Ron
Old 11-24-2016, 11:56 AM   #1274
I like to party

Also, enjoy being alone on Thanksgiving and arguing with people on the internet you ******* loser.
Old 11-24-2016, 11:59 AM   #1275
GDD's DJ EX-M0D

Quote:
Quote:
PS, my reputation is stellar, yours is the one that sucks Ron
Quote:
Also, enjoy being alone on Thanksgiving and arguing with people on the internet you ******* loser.

816d16 is offline   Reply With Quote