***Official Yuge Trump Thread*** - Page 1568 - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Old 01-09-2018, 11:33 AM
  #39176  
GDD's DJ EX-M0D
 
816d16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hide it in my sock
Posts: 3,954
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by newt2 View Post
Because turnout is what wins elections for the GOP. Democrats have a large registration advantage but the GOP are much more reliable voters. Anything they can do to decrease D turnout helps them.
I get that. That's why we have the Kobach's of the world doing their thing.

That didn't address either of my questions though.
816d16 is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 11:39 AM
  #39177  
INSERT TITLE HERE
 
newt2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Littleton, CO, USA
Posts: 1,444
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
I get that. That's why we have the Kobach's of the world doing their thing.

That didn't address either of my questions though.
I guess I don't get your questions then. Democrats don't do it because they win by turning out their voters, not getting people who always vote to not vote. The latter doesn't work, because they all vote.

In Europe, American style conservatives don't win elections.
newt2 is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 11:49 AM
  #39178  
Honda-Tech Member
 
GS'D YA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NH (south canada)
Posts: 2,297
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Ruh roh fisa

​​​​​​
GS'D YA is online now  
Old 01-09-2018, 11:51 AM
  #39179  
Honda-Tech Member
 
GS'D YA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NH (south canada)
Posts: 2,297
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Im thinking Preiebus
GS'D YA is online now  
Old 01-09-2018, 12:01 PM
  #39180  
GDD's DJ EX-M0D
 
816d16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hide it in my sock
Posts: 3,954
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by newt2 View Post
I guess I don't get your questions then. Democrats don't do it because they win by turning out their voters, not getting people who always vote to not vote. The latter doesn't work, because they all vote.

In Europe, American style conservatives don't win elections.
Maybe I asked it wrong. There was a suggestion/question as to why we aren't just automatically registered when we turned 18. Malix said it's because it's because Republican state governors know it would put them at a disadvantage. I asked why long-held Democrat controlled states don't have or have not proposed that sort of auto-registration and why European and most all democratic countries force people to register individually just as we do. I'm well aware American style conservatives don't win elections over there, hence my question asking why liberal/left leaning states and countries haven't moved forward with such an idea(auto-registration, not the other way around, which is what I think you read it as and are responding to) if the sole reason is that it puts Republicans at a disadvantage.
816d16 is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 12:08 PM
  #39181  
Oracle of GDD
 
Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: a lake in VA
Posts: 11,897
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
Maybe I asked it wrong. There was a suggestion/question as to why we aren't just automatically registered when we turned 18. Malix said it's because it's because Republican state governors know it would put them at a disadvantage. I asked why long-held Democrat controlled states don't have or have not proposed that sort of auto-registration and why European and most all democratic countries force people to register individually just as we do. I'm well aware American style conservatives don't win elections over there, hence my question asking why liberal/left leaning states and countries haven't moved forward with such an idea(auto-registration, not the other way around, which is what I think you read it as and are responding to) if the sole reason is that it puts Republicans at a disadvantage.
Because that's not something that would occur to most Dems to try. Our biggest disadvantage is that we don't take the system the way the Republicans do. We also have far less political power, very few states are under total D control.
Ross is online now  
Old 01-09-2018, 12:13 PM
  #39182  
INSERT TITLE HERE
 
newt2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Littleton, CO, USA
Posts: 1,444
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
Maybe I asked it wrong. There was a suggestion/question as to why we aren't just automatically registered when we turned 18. Malix said it's because it's because Republican state governors know it would put them at a disadvantage. I asked why long-held Democrat controlled states don't have or have not proposed that sort of auto-registration and why European and most all democratic countries force people to register individually just as we do. I'm well aware American style conservatives don't win elections over there, hence my question asking why liberal/left leaning states and countries haven't moved forward with such an idea(auto-registration, not the other way around, which is what I think you read it as and are responding to) if the sole reason is that it puts Republicans at a disadvantage.
Ah, OK. In liberal states, they've come close to automatic registration. Motor voter, where you're given the opportunity to simply check a box when you get your DL, is pretty much automatic. Conservative states are mostly opposed to Motor Voter laws.

I really don't see why registration should be required, especially if we're moving towards voter ID. If you show up with a valid ID, you should be allowed to vote regardless of whether you've jumped though some hoops.
newt2 is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 12:14 PM
  #39183  
Pork is NOT a verb!
 
malix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Cleveland, Ohio
Posts: 776
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by GS'D YA View Post
Im thinking Preiebus
The Steele/FBI meeting in Rome was apparently in July 2016, Priebus wasn't on the Trump team by then. I don't think it could have been him.

I don't think Bannon was on the Trump team at that point either.
malix is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 12:14 PM
  #39184  
GDD's DJ EX-M0D
 
816d16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hide it in my sock
Posts: 3,954
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Because that's not something that would occur to most Dems to try. Our biggest disadvantage is that we don't take the system the way the Republicans do.
Ah, so good is dumb, as you like to say?
816d16 is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 12:15 PM
  #39185  
GDD's DJ EX-M0D
 
816d16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hide it in my sock
Posts: 3,954
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by malix View Post
The Steele/FBI meeting in Rome was apparently in July 2016, Priebus wasn't on the Trump team by then. I don't think it could have been him.

I don't think Bannon was on the Trump team at that point either.
Omarosa?
816d16 is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 12:19 PM
  #39186  
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mar778c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 7,065
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
Omarosa?
mar778c is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 12:22 PM
  #39187  
GDD's DJ EX-M0D
 
816d16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hide it in my sock
Posts: 3,954
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by mar778c View Post


I was giggling as I typed it, sorry
816d16 is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 12:36 PM
  #39188  
Prairie Dog Breeder
 
93Accord117's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Orcas Isl, WA
Posts: 456
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Oh man, today's news has been quite interesting! I can't wait to hear all the trump defenders! Cult of personality is a hell of drug.
93Accord117 is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 12:42 PM
  #39189  
Honda-Tech Member
iTrader: (1)
 
mar778c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: PA, USA
Posts: 7,065
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post


I was giggling as I typed it, sorry
Lulz, that was 11/10. You win the internet, today.
mar778c is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 12:44 PM
  #39190  
BCICAN
 
Dunc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 3,204
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Voting is a right, much like free speech. This infringes on that right, plain and simple. If you choose not to participate in 6 years because you just don't like the candidates, or you're a poorkrew who can't get time off to go vote...why should you lose the right to vote?
Are you saying that Ohio's saying you are not allowed to re-register at anytime in the future when you wish to participate again. If you aren't, then how are you losing your right to vote?
Dunc is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 12:53 PM
  #39191  
GDD's DJ EX-M0D
 
816d16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hide it in my sock
Posts: 3,954
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
Are you saying that Ohio's saying you are not allowed to re-register at anytime in the future when you wish to participate again. If you aren't, then how are you losing your right to vote?
I think he means at that moment in time. If you were unaware and show up to vote after your registration has lapsed, you can't vote. What he and malix are saying, I think, is that it's a sneaky way to keep the ill-informed and other poor people too busy with the struggles of life from voting.
816d16 is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 12:55 PM
  #39192  
INSERT TITLE HERE
 
newt2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Littleton, CO, USA
Posts: 1,444
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by Dunc View Post
Are you saying that Ohio's saying you are not allowed to re-register at anytime in the future when you wish to participate again. If you aren't, then how are you losing your right to vote?
If you show up expecting to vote and they don't let you because you've been purged, how did you not lose your right to vote in that particular election?
newt2 is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 12:58 PM
  #39193  
Oracle of GDD
 
Ross's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: a lake in VA
Posts: 11,897
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Even a temporary loss is unacceptable IMO.
Ross is online now  
Old 01-09-2018, 01:03 PM
  #39194  
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1
iTrader: (1)
 
rico91stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: THE Bay Area
Posts: 3,215
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by malix View Post
The Steele/FBI meeting in Rome was apparently in July 2016, Priebus wasn't on the Trump team by then. I don't think it could have been him.

I don't think Bannon was on the Trump team at that point either.
Manafort maybe?
rico91stang is online now  
Old 01-09-2018, 01:03 PM
  #39195  
GDD's DJ EX-M0D
 
816d16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hide it in my sock
Posts: 3,954
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by Ross View Post
Even a temporary loss is unacceptable IMO.
Yeah, I think I side with you on this.

I'd be willing to listen to the reasoning behind why, and why 6 years from those in the Ohio legislature that are pushing for this though.
816d16 is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 01:09 PM
  #39196  
Honda-Tech Member
 
GS'D YA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: NH (south canada)
Posts: 2,297
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
Omarosa?
You son of a bitch
GS'D YA is online now  
Old 01-09-2018, 01:11 PM
  #39197  
Honda-Tech Member
 
corona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 6,331
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

should your right to bear arms be taken away every 6 years if you don't renew it?

just curious.
corona is online now  
Old 01-09-2018, 01:16 PM
  #39198  
GDD's DJ EX-M0D
 
816d16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Hide it in my sock
Posts: 3,954
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by corona View Post
should your right to bear arms be taken away every 6 years if you don't renew it?

just curious.
I know you are one of those anti-gun guys, who knows nothing of the process, so I'll try to kill your argument softly and without malice.

I have to do a background check anytime I want to buy one, and then there's the $25 fee associated with the NICS e-check. So, that argument really doesn't have wings, my man. Imagine if you had to register and pay a $25 fee every time you wanted exercise your right to vote.
816d16 is offline  
Old 01-09-2018, 01:21 PM
  #39199  
Honda-Tech Member
 
corona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 6,331
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

so feinstein just uploaded the whole fusion gps transcript to her senate site, the one that the republicans were trying to bury.



fun times.

(Edit: ****, it was posted on the last page)
corona is online now  
Old 01-09-2018, 01:23 PM
  #39200  
Honda-Tech Member
 
corona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 6,331
Default Re: ***Official Yuge Trump Thread***

Originally Posted by 816d16 View Post
I know you are one of those anti-gun guys, who knows nothing of the process, so I'll try to kill your argument softly and without malice.

I have to do a background check anytime I want to buy one, and then there's the $25 fee associated with the NICS e-check. So, that argument really doesn't have wings, my man. Imagine if you had to register and pay a $25 fee every time you wanted exercise your right to vote.
private party though.
corona is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.