Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

***THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (All Services)***

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (All Services)***

Old 10-23-2004, 02:51 PM
Banned

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (Mr. ThunderLips)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. ThunderLips &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">held together with duct tape. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I would believe that knowing what military mechanics do.
Old 10-23-2004, 02:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (Mr. ThunderLips)

Lol It wasn't 95! It was like... 92! lol

Yea, I have a picture of BABY Aut0tek in a stroller being wheeled through a C-5 at an airshow. lol. it's like: "And then 11 years later, they built these things caleld C-17s... And 11 years after that, you'll be doing all the autopilot **** on them!" hahaha

Ratliff
Old 10-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (LSVTEC 91 Civic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSVTEC 91 Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would believe that knowing what military mechanics do.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Aww dude true story, true story... I'm out with com/nav because there was only 1 in the shop that day, and one of the comm antennas on the belly was completely disconnected... So we connected it, and then realized that EVERY SCREW HOLE WAS STRIPPED OUT... And this was what we call a "red ball" where the jet is powered up, ready to taxi and then something breaks (or in this case, nobody saw it until they were ready to taxi) so homie runs and grabs the B 1/2 (kinda like Hondabond only black) and some ******* speedtape (kinda like duct tape but shiny) and I b 1/2 it, he tapes it, and it flies... At the time we had no idea where the jet's destination was...
It comes back about a week later from AFGHANISTAN with the speed tape still intact!!!
We were like: HELL YES! Speedtape to the sandbox and back holding a com antenna baby... That **** is like JB weld!
(Last week I also fixed a H.U.D. With super glue lol)
Old 10-23-2004, 03:33 PM

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (aut0tek)

One of our birds was stuck overseas due to shrapnel damage...The mechanics cut up Coke cans to cover the holes, and then used the speed tape to hold them on. Got the job done, and got the plane home.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (GTlvr82)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by GTlvr82 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">PFC Werner here....1729th maintanance battalion in Havre De Grace, Md.....Former Marine and Diesel mechanic.....figured I'd throw that out there. I just went thru 7 months of getting back in after a doctor thought my shoulder was unfit for the military.....and now it is. If anyone is going thru the same problem lemme know...I know how to help.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I knew you would come back. Bitch if it wasnt for you I wouldnt be in the Marines... good to see you your *** back.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (aut0tek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aut0tek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Aww dude true story, true story... I'm out with com/nav because there was only 1 in the shop that day, and one of the comm antennas on the belly was completely disconnected... So we connected it, and then realized that EVERY SCREW HOLE WAS STRIPPED OUT... And this was what we call a "red ball" where the jet is powered up, ready to taxi and then something breaks (or in this case, nobody saw it until they were ready to taxi) so homie runs and grabs the B 1/2 (kinda like Hondabond only black) and some ******* speedtape (kinda like duct tape but shiny) and I b 1/2 it, he tapes it, and it flies... At the time we had no idea where the jet's destination was...
It comes back about a week later from AFGHANISTAN with the speed tape still intact!!!
We were like: HELL YES! Speedtape to the sandbox and back holding a com antenna baby... That **** is like JB weld!
(Last week I also fixed a H.U.D. With super glue lol)</TD></TR></TABLE>

o ****, I better not be in one of your birds on my next training!
Old 10-23-2004, 11:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (Ideal)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Ideal &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">o ****, I better not be in one of your birds on my next training!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hahaha... No need to worry mang, if the **** is important it gets fixed RIGHT before it goes anywhere... And if it's something big, they'll fly it around home station for a few hours to make sure whatever you replaced works again.
Besides, damn near everything has redundancy so if you lose one of anything, you normally have 3 more. (including ENGINES LOL)

And with the Comm antenna, once again, it's not the only Comm antenna ya got, so no worries, just pick another one.
Old 10-24-2004, 02:39 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSVTEC 91 Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I would believe that knowing what military mechanics do.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't see anywhere in the T.O. that says duct tape
Old 10-24-2004, 03:08 AM
Don't Trust Anyone

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (poison)

The best thing that I got from the Military so far is use of the Soldiers and Sailors Civil Relief Act.
Old 10-24-2004, 03:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (SHAGGY)

Woot just made the disision to join the Navy. Any Sailors in here want to provide some insight on what to expect? Oh and how hard is it to go from enlisted to officer assuming one completes their degree while enlisted.
Old 10-24-2004, 04:01 AM

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (Luchini)

Gunnery Sergeant of Marines here - 14 years of service - will retire at age 38

USMC Competition Shooter

Old 10-24-2004, 04:12 AM
H-T White Ops

For those that were wondering:
Marine rank insignia:
http://www.military-quotes.com...a.htm
Air Force rank insignia:
Army rank insignia:
Navy rank insignia:

&lt;---8 Years Air Force. Lajes Field, Azores/Portugal right now with NO follow-on assignment DEROS of 03/05
Old 10-24-2004, 06:32 AM
JMX

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (The GreenD16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The GreenD16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I have been thinking about joining the Navy after I graduate college for a while now. I was wondering what rank I would enter in as.

So what do all you military people think about joining after graduating college?

EDIT: I will have a computer science degree. I don't know if that matters.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Officer = better pay and more opportunities when you get out, its a great idea. I was 4 min from joining the army as an officer I even went to leadership training for 30- days in fort knox but i diden sign a contract so when i was offered a good non military job i declined there offer to pay for my MBA and be in for a 4 year contract.
Old 10-24-2004, 07:55 AM
Banned

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (JMX)

For you AF guys out there...

I have 2 years and X amount of months left in the Marine Corps. When I EAS, I plan on going back home and signing up with the Air Force reserves. (There is an AF base in my home town)

Now, If I want to go back into Active Duty, how difficult would it be for me to cross over? I've heard that the Marines that try to cross over don't find it that easy. Also, would the Air Force keep me stationed in my home town if I request? I live in Tucson, AZ... Davis Monthan AFB is there. (I'd hate to request West coast and be sent to North Carolina... again) If I left the Marine Corps as an E-4, would that rank transfer over? Thanks guys.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:00 AM

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (UCBGSR)

U.S. ARMY Ranger here. if any questions i will be happy to answer. E-5 SGT. i have been the the armpits of the world
Old 10-24-2004, 09:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (1quickLS)

6 years Prior Navy here. 4 years with VR-56, cargo/Seal transport, and 2 years with SeAL Team Four central/south america support. I wasnt a SeAL, just an electrician assigned to their team. I can help out with any Navy questions.

-Jake
Old 10-24-2004, 09:02 AM
ALF
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (h22mark)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by h22mark &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Anyone in the Marines, and what type of job offerings do they have? I'm a hands on type of guy and like to make stuff any info would be appreciated.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm a 6300 (Aviation Electronics) currently waiting to class up in Pensacola, FL. It's a very demanding job in terms of knowledge. Lots of math! I chose this MOS because I've always wanted to work on planes. Depending on what unit we get attached to, we can potentially see combat (yes airwingers see it too).

The Marine Corps isn't for everyone. I'll tell you that right now. With everything you do, no matter how crappy it may be, they remind you that you are first and foremost, a Marine.

It feels dam good to be one, too.
Old 10-24-2004, 09:52 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSVTEC 91 Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Now, If I want to go back into Active Duty, how difficult would it be for me to cross over? I've heard that the Marines that try to cross over don't find it that easy. Also, would the Air Force keep me stationed in my home town if I request? I live in Tucson, AZ... Davis Monthan AFB is there. (I'd hate to request West coast and be sent to North Carolina... again) If I left the Marine Corps as an E-4, would that rank transfer over? Thanks guys. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I've met quite a few ex Marines in the Air Force. I don't really know how hard it's going to be to transfer over since the Air Force is getting rid of 20,000 people right now. If you do manage to transfer over you might lose a stripe. I think they do that because it's easier to make rank in the other branches but I'm not sure.

If you sign up with the reserves and they have a job in your hometown for you, then I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get it. But if you go active duty, forget about it. You'll be sent wherever they want to send you. You can request DM but who knows if you'l get it or not. So far I've been lucky and have got at least #1 or #2 on dream sheet.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:08 AM
Banned

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (SoulSurfer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SoulSurfer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've met quite a few ex Marines in the Air Force. I don't really know how hard it's going to be to transfer over since the Air Force is getting rid of 20,000 people right now. If you do manage to transfer over you might lose a stripe. I think they do that because it's easier to make rank in the other branches but I'm not sure.

If you sign up with the reserves and they have a job in your hometown for you, then I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get it. But if you go active duty, forget about it. You'll be sent wherever they want to send you. You can request DM but who knows if you'l get it or not. So far I've been lucky and have got at least #1 or #2 on dream sheet.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Seems I'll probably be going into Air Force reserves then. My Uncle was an army recruiter at the time I joined the marine corps, he said he could put in writing on contract my duty station... and pretty much whatever I wanted to an extent. Not sure if the Air Force was is this way. With the Marine Corps, you just gotta take the shaft and be happy with it.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:29 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSVTEC 91 Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Seems I'll probably be going into Air Force reserves then. My Uncle was an army recruiter at the time I joined the marine corps, he said he could put in writing on contract my duty station... and pretty much whatever I wanted to an extent. Not sure if the Air Force was is this way. With the Marine Corps, you just gotta take the shaft and be happy with it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

The Air Force used to do this but they've stopped. I'm sure it COULD be done but you'd have to be the son of a senator or something. Now they just give you the shaft like the Marines do.

As far as the Reserves goes...make sure you're ready for a 1 year activation with half of that time spent in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Kuwait. But I guess that depends on what unit you're assigned to and what your job is. In this day and age, being National Guard or Reserves is just the same as being Active Duty.
Old 10-24-2004, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

&lt;-- Enlisted In the USAF as a ATC.

Old 10-24-2004, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (SoulSurfer)

Indeed... I don't think you'll lose a stripe though if you go AF reserves... SRA (E-4) takes like a year or so to obtain in the Reserves... After E-5 though, it's all about what "slot" you're in to get any more rank.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by o.G.A.g. &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">&lt;-- Enlisted In the USAF as a ATC.</TD></TR></TABLE>
!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M SORRY!!!!!
hahaha j/k ATC's are cool I know a couple here.
Old 10-24-2004, 08:44 PM
Widow's Son

phew...a lot of Mil-spec folks in here.

To answer a question wrt getting your ASVAB scores. Go to your local MPF and ask for a data rip...or you can go on AFPC and look it up.

https://afas.afpc.randolph.af....r.cfm
Old 10-24-2004, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How is boot camp?? Is it as bad as the movies and media make it out to be? Do you any time to make friends and **** like that?
Old 10-24-2004, 10:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Not if you want to go officer, you can have a 4 year basketweaving degree to get a set of butterbars.</TD></TR></TABLE>

haha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ***THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (All Services)***

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.