Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

***THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (All Services)***

Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

***THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (All Services)***

Old 10-22-2004, 03:16 AM

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (Mr. ThunderLips)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mr. ThunderLips &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Shouldn't you be supervising 3 levels or something...Instead of hanging out online?! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Boo!! lol

I'm A1C 3 level punkazz.

The "real" touch..hah! I hear that!

But ON some real **** I should be 9 level on car ****, but low 3 level on USAF, some bull ****!
Old 10-22-2004, 08:34 AM

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (poison)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by poison &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
I'm A1C 3 level punkazz.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't feel bad, I'm in the same boat and I'm a few years older than you are. Joined real late...It's cool though. My job makes me happy.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:36 AM
Banned

&lt;-- Lance Corporal of marines here...
2146 - M1A1 Tank Mechanic
Old 10-22-2004, 08:45 AM
C-A-P-S CAPS CAPS CAPS

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (LSVTEC 91 Civic)

I have been thinking about joining the Navy after I graduate college for a while now. I was wondering what rank I would enter in as.

So what do all you military people think about joining after graduating college?

EDIT: I will have a computer science degree. I don't know if that matters.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (The GreenD16)

3C0 5 level in the hizzle

deployed in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom and Operation Enduring Freedom

don't ask where
Old 10-22-2004, 08:56 AM
Banned

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (The GreenD16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by The GreenD16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I will have a computer science degree. I don't know if that matters.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not if you want to go officer, you can have a 4 year basketweaving degree to get a set of butterbars.
Old 10-22-2004, 09:59 AM

Since i haven't heard it yet. I'll take questions for the Army branch. 82nd for 4 years.
Old 10-22-2004, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (Chewie)

2A5X3B to THA HIZZO!!!! lol (Cargo + Bomber Auto-Flight, Instruments, and Navigation technician, a.k.a. "Guidance and Controls") pitot-statics, AOA, roll, pitch, yaw, Flight Data Recorders, autopilot, fuel quantity, center of gravity, and all that other high-tech bs. ;-)

Down here in Chucktown gettin in on the C-17 action... sometimes known as "The AF's newest C-130" hahaha.

I lub my job tho. pay isn't all THAT bad... Not much $$$ for car parts, but when you're dealing w/ Hondas you need to be a millionaire to get the parts you need...

Ratliff, still the LMOTP after a year and a half. ;-)
Old 10-22-2004, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSVTEC 91 Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Not if you want to go officer, you can have a 4 year basketweaving degree to get a set of butterbars.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I thought it had to be UNDERWATER basketweaving? ;-)

We just got a new 2lt, he's so funny, he was going out on the line getting all greasy and we're all like: "uhh... dude, look around... Who's the only guy that doesn't wear stripes?" lol... He's cool as hell though. to the butterbars who haven't been taught the techniques of being an asshat yet.

Ratliff
Old 10-23-2004, 08:21 AM

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (aut0tek)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aut0tek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I lub my job tho. pay isn't all THAT bad... Not much $$$ for car parts, but when you're dealing w/ Hondas you need to be a millionaire to get the parts you need...
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You need to actually get into that plane when it takes off, that's where the money starts rolling in. On a side note, I'm glad I fly on the C-5 and not the C-17...Something about it I just don't like.
Old 10-23-2004, 10:15 AM

ok i got some questions: currently im in jrotc and im a cadet sergeant first class(platoon sergeant) and i was wondering if i have a bigger advantage over the other cadets if i decided to join?i also heard if i complete 4 years of jrotc i can enter as an e-2 or an e-3 is this correct?my last question is, is the marching the same as in jrotc?we do stuff like left flank,right flank,rear march,column left,column right....thanks for any help
Old 10-23-2004, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thunderlips: I've flown 2x in C-17's... And yes, it does pay pretty damned good depending on where you go. ;-)

Ratliff
Old 10-23-2004, 10:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (ctownballer)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ctownballer &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i got some questions: currently im in jrotc and im a cadet sergeant first class(platoon sergeant) and i was wondering if i have a bigger advantage over the other cadets if i decided to join?i also heard if i complete 4 years of jrotc i can enter as an e-2 or an e-3 is this correct?my last question is, is the marching the same as in jrotc?we do stuff like left flank,right flank,rear march,column left,column right....thanks for any help </TD></TR></TABLE>
Yes, if you do 4 yrs of JROTC I think you get like... e-3??? I can't remember... I know you do get rank though...
As far as the marching goes, it all depends on the branch you enter... We all have those same basic commands like "to the rear" "Column left/right" "L/R flank" etc. etc. But there are little twists each branch put on them... like in the AF we don't say: "UH-TEN-CHUN" We say: "Tench-Hut" etc. etc.

Ratliff
Old 10-23-2004, 10:26 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aut0tek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Yes, if you do 4 yrs of JROTC I think you get like... e-3??? I can't remember... I know you do get rank though...
As far as the marching goes, it all depends on the branch you enter... We all have those same basic commands like "to the rear" "Column left/right" "L/R flank" etc. etc. But there are little twists each branch put on them... like in the AF we don't say: "UH-TEN-CHUN" We say: "Tench-Hut" etc. etc.

Ratliff</TD></TR></TABLE> thanks
Old 10-23-2004, 12:06 PM

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (ctownballer)

SSgt here...been in almost 5 years and getting out in a little over 1 year. I love the Air Force but I don't want to be 35 years old and still trying to get my degree. Poor college student, here I come!
Old 10-23-2004, 12:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (SoulSurfer)

Hey are there any fellow Aircraft Maintenance guys in here?
Old 10-23-2004, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (UCBGSR)

PFC Werner here....1729th maintanance battalion in Havre De Grace, Md.....Former Marine and Diesel mechanic.....figured I'd throw that out there. I just went thru 7 months of getting back in after a doctor thought my shoulder was unfit for the military.....and now it is. If anyone is going thru the same problem lemme know...I know how to help.
Old 10-23-2004, 01:10 PM
Don't Trust Anyone

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (GTlvr82)

My Grandpa built planes for a company with a Military contract. He'll never fly anywhere. Scary huh?
Old 10-23-2004, 01:27 PM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aut0tek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">We say: "Tench-Hut" etc. etc.</TD></TR></TABLE>

:chuckle:

Any other fellow Marines here?
Old 10-23-2004, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by LSVTEC 91 Civic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">:chuckle:

Any other fellow Marines here?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Wasso funny?
Old 10-23-2004, 02:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sgt G. (SF army style)
Old 10-23-2004, 02:12 PM
Banned

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aut0tek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Wasso funny? </TD></TR></TABLE>

Tench = Fish
Old 10-23-2004, 02:44 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by aut0tek &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I've flown 2x in C-17's... And yes, it does pay pretty damned good depending on where you go. ;-)
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Where the hell did you sit? There's no freaking room in those things!
Old 10-23-2004, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Hahaha, very funny mr C-5 ;-) Man the 2nd time I was on the pilot's side, next to last seat (right next to the pilot-side troop jump door) and the damned A/C ducts were leaking on my head. lol it sucked.

That trip was cool though because we had a pressure leak in that same jump door so the loadmaster grabs a bunch of paper towels, wets them down and crams them in the leak. lol. stayed there all the way. I was like: "Hell yea, dude... Ghetto-Fab!"

Ratliff
Old 10-23-2004, 02:50 PM

I will hear no complints about an aircraft that was built in 1995...Try flying on something built in 1967, held together with duct tape.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ***THE OFFICIAL H-T MILITARY THREAD (All Services)***

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.