Notices
General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

*** Official*** How the market did today thread.

Old 10-16-2007, 09:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Official How the market did today thread. (AzCivic1.6)

And why is that index weighted so heavily with the Euro?
Old 10-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AzCivic1.6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And why is that index weighted so heavily with the Euro?</TD></TR></TABLE>The Euro covers a lot of different economies. 13 actually
Old 10-16-2007, 10:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Official How the market did today thread. (rico91stang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rico91stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OMG people I found something.

HANS. Gonna do some hw right now on it. </TD></TR></TABLE>haha soo late. One of the greatest performing stocks in the history of the market. Well over 15k% now.

I had it in the 40's before the 4:1 split at $200

for me
Old 10-17-2007, 05:34 AM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

Default Re: (RebornGSR)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RebornGSR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

People always think that until it bites them.

You'd be amazed at how much some very very good professionals loose on single positions. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The reason being size. I am only moving a couple hundred thousand. I can liquidate in 2-3 trades and not even make a blip on the MACD etc. They are moving millions. Harder for them to do.

There is a reason why Buffet said if he had a million today he could make consistent 50% profits. He can't do that now because he has TOO much money. I only want compounded 15%
Old 10-17-2007, 05:36 AM

Default Re: The Official How the market did today thread. (Matgallis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Matgallis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha soo late. One of the greatest performing stocks in the history of the market. Well over 15k% now.

I had it in the 40's before the 4:1 split at $200

for me</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am really late. I hate monster energy drink, but through my research, it hasent realy reached the east coast like it has the west coast. Me tinks there m ay still be upside. Besides. 5% is 5% I didn't have before, and in this environment, I will take it.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:37 AM

Monster has been available in CT since at least 2005.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:41 AM

Default Re: (FrreeeBird)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FrreeeBird &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Monster has been available in CT since at least 2005.</TD></TR></TABLE>

New York? Miami? Washington?
Old 10-17-2007, 05:47 AM

Coke reported profits. Glad I am still in.

Hans will do another full % today I am predicting.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:18 AM

Default Re: (rico91stang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rico91stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">New York? Miami? Washington?</TD></TR></TABLE>

NYC and DC since 05 as well, iirc.

They still make good products, imo, and I'd say potential is still there, as they aren't nearly as well known as redbull internationally . . . . yet.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:10 AM

Also, you guys might want to bail on techs, ericson reported an unexpected 36% drop in profits for 3rd quarter . . . . . .
Old 10-17-2007, 06:14 PM

HANS Up another percentage point. Just like I called. I'm getting in.

KO did VERY well for me today. 2%.

Wish I was in ebay. I was watching CNBC when the announcement came, and the stock shot up like crazy.

Goog still up a WHOPPING 2%. This thing is going to 700 for SURE!!
Old 10-17-2007, 07:36 PM
Me Gusta History

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rico91stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">HANS Up another percentage point. Just like I called. I'm getting in.

KO did VERY well for me today. 2%.

Wish I was in ebay. I was watching CNBC when the announcement came, and the stock shot up like crazy.

Goog still up a WHOPPING 2%. This thing is going to 700 for SURE!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

You seem to focus a lot on daily performance of single stocks; you are happy when they go up but they fluctuate quite often.

Are you a day trader?

I look for long term growth because I know it has to stay in at least a year and definitely longer to really make the money. I don't care about daily fluctuation except if it plummets enough to warrant putting more money in.
Old 10-17-2007, 07:58 PM

Default Re: (accordselux)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by accordselux &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

You seem to focus a lot on daily performance of single stocks; you are happy when they go up but they fluctuate quite often.

Are you a day trader?

I look for long term growth because I know it has to stay in at least a year and definitely longer to really make the money. I don't care about daily fluctuation except if it plummets enough to warrant putting more money in.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I am more of a hedger. I hedge my bets and concentrate on typically no more than 3 stocks.
Old 10-18-2007, 05:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if you dont mind me asking, how are you hedged?

The markets look incredbily dangerous at these levels IMO. I saw a chart last night of MBS (mortage back securities) and they're trading .25 on the dollar. Almost 15% LOWER than before the rate cut...

Tech is incredibly overbought, be careful boys.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:04 AM

Default Re: (Matgallis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Matgallis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you dont mind me asking, how are you hedged?

The markets look incredbily dangerous at these levels IMO. I saw a chart last night of MBS (mortage back securities) and they're trading .25 on the dollar. Almost 15% LOWER than before the rate cut...

Tech is incredibly overbought, be careful boys.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

No risk no reward. I have trailing stop losses that would cap my losses at around 2-3% which depending on the stock would be approximately a $2,000 loss.
Old 10-18-2007, 06:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rico91stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

No risk no reward. I have trailing stop losses that would cap my losses at around 2-3% which depending on the stock would be approximately a $2,000 loss.</TD></TR></TABLE>not exactly a hedge but if it works well for you
Old 10-18-2007, 06:10 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Matgallis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not exactly a hedge but if it works well for you </TD></TR></TABLE>

Meh I had at one time 85% of my portfolio concentrated in grmn. I was in on the 60-100 move.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:00 AM

HANS up 2% so far. Woo hoo!! I should sell right now.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:32 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Matgallis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">not exactly a hedge but if it works well for you </TD></TR></TABLE>

LOL, no kidding, its not a hedge at all, but it is a smart move.
Old 10-18-2007, 07:35 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FrreeeBird &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

LOL, no kidding, its not a hedge at all, but it is a smart move. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you. Finally I get something positive from you.

On a side note, this thread would be bigger and probably would help people here more if it wasn't a sticky. Most people who surf threads don't even look at the stickys.
Old 10-18-2007, 08:02 AM

I love you HANS. YOu will be my new grmn.

60-100 baby. 60-100
Old 10-18-2007, 09:41 AM

There is a lot of volume surrounding the sideways trading nokia. Even with the earnings. Interesting.
Old 10-18-2007, 09:44 AM

Techs are overpriced, they are going to get slammed with bad results as the holiday season surge doesn't appear this year.

Also, I'm wondering if the big financial institutions are suffering one time write down losses from the credit shakeup, or if this might occur for a few quarters going forward as well . . . .
Old 10-18-2007, 09:55 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FrreeeBird &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Techs are overpriced, they are going to get slammed with bad results as the holiday season surge doesn't appear this year.

Also, I'm wondering if the big financial institutions are suffering one time write down losses from the credit shakeup, or if this might occur for a few quarters going forward as well . . . . </TD></TR></TABLE>

Perhaps dump them before earnings?
Old 10-18-2007, 10:30 AM

Nokia Up 3%

HANS up almost 3%

Volume not that great on either.

Weird times for the market.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *** Official*** How the market did today thread.

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.