*** Official*** How the market did today thread. - Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion

Go Back  Honda-Tech - Honda Forum Discussion > Community Forums > General Discussion and Debate
Reload this Page >

*** Official*** How the market did today thread.

General Discussion and Debate Discuss, Debate, and Converse with other Honda-Tech members in a mature, intelligent manner.

*** Official*** How the market did today thread.

Old 10-12-2007, 11:20 AM
I ask Twitter, not xtrac1

Default The Official How the market did today thread.

I am starting an official how the market did today thread. Here we should dicuss reasons for what happened today and thoughts for the future. Thoughts on future pricings etc.

Bears (ie. Freebird ) welcome.

Day one. Market was on fire today. BIDU (Basically the cause of 2:00 yesterday) was on fire today. A 3% jump in one day.

I am feeling Google as well. I still think 700 by the end of the year.
Old 10-12-2007, 09:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: The Official How the market did today thread. (rico91stang)

yes, u cannot lose with GOOG.

The market was at its height today, its gonna plummett on monday
Old 10-12-2007, 09:30 PM
So what I drive a Volvo

Rico91stang, good thread man, i think we actullay could use a thread like this now that i have gotten more indepth with watching the market.
Old 10-13-2007, 06:06 AM

Default Re: The Official How the market did today thread. (mrkeety)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mrkeety &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes, u cannot lose with GOOG.

The market was at its height today, its gonna plummett on monday </TD></TR></TABLE>

Goog is great, but there are many more tech names that are getting it done. Rimm just has me salivating with how hig it is goint to go.

Aapl is yummy here with Christmas coming soon.

It might pull back a little, but that will present a buying opportunity. As long as you have stop losses you should be cool.
Old 10-13-2007, 12:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Rimm and AMZN are both short/put candidates IMO. Rimm missed guidance but raised expectations. Amazon is trading at lofty levels with pretty hefty expectations

Tech always seems to have their biggest moves right before a market top.
Old 10-13-2007, 03:53 PM

Default Re: The Official How the market did today thread. (Matgallis)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Matgallis &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Rimm and AMZN are both short/put candidates IMO. Rimm missed guidance but raised expectations. Amazon is trading at lofty levels with pretty hefty expectations

Tech always seems to have their biggest moves right before a market top. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I figure ride the rimm tidal wave until it fizzles out, but keep a tighter stop loss. I think she's got a little left in her.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:53 AM

Halfway through the day and it is looking pretty bad. Here's to hoping for a late afternoon rally.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

PCZ just traded a 1.9M share block at $1.38 below market price. That's about 2.5x the average day's volume on one block.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:30 PM

Default Re: The Official How the market did today thread. (Jason W)

Well it seems to me that dow 14,000 is a little too volitile. That was one of the worst "pull backs" I have seen. Most of my favs were down 1-2%. Coke KO seemed like it was going to weather the storm but it finished down .28%.

Since we are below 14,000 I expect tomorrow to be positive.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:14 PM
The OG Animated Avatar

well all i can say is in my investopedia stock simulator I am up over 20% and 10 grand with a 58 thousand dollar initial investment thanks to apple in less then 8 weeks, if only it were real money..

I would invest some real money in apple but I fear it has come near it's peak and may even go down a little shortly, I am looking for it to dip before the holidays and then I may buy in for real because with the rave reviews the new ipod is getting and the continued better than predicted iphone sales I think the stock could surge around xmas
Old 10-16-2007, 06:14 AM

Default Re: (KingKash420)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KingKash420 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well all i can say is in my investopedia stock simulator I am up over 20% and 10 grand with a 58 thousand dollar initial investment thanks to apple in less then 8 weeks, if only it were real money..

I would invest some real money in apple but I fear it has come near it's peak and may even go down a little shortly, I am looking for it to dip before the holidays and then I may buy in for real because with the rave reviews the new ipod is getting and the continued better than predicted iphone sales I think the stock could surge around xmas</TD></TR></TABLE>

That why I don't really believe in diversification. There is nothing wrong with letting $100,000 ride on one stock so long as you watch it.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:15 AM

And we are down again. Damn Bernanke.
Old 10-16-2007, 06:17 AM

Default Re: (KingKash420)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by KingKash420 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well all i can say is in my investopedia stock simulator I am up over 20% and 10 grand with a 58 thousand dollar initial investment thanks to apple in less then 8 weeks, if only it were real money..

I would invest some real money in apple but I fear it has come near it's peak and may even go down a little shortly, I am looking for it to dip before the holidays and then I may buy in for real because with the rave reviews the new ipod is getting and the continued better than predicted iphone sales I think the stock could surge around xmas</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't forget to look into at&T. Those iphones need to be activated. Not everyone is hacking/unlocking them.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:15 AM

Come on rally!!!

Daddy wants the new Skyline!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 08:42 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rico91stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">And we are down again. Damn Bernanke. </TD></TR></TABLE>

The man you want to blame is alan "the bubble blower" greenspan.

His actions are simply coming home to roost, as I've predicted.

Also, I'm not a bear, I'm a realist, this economy, and its underpinnings, are smoke and mirrors, s&p 500 is down over the past 5 years if you take into account dollar depreciation as measured vs gold.

I'm incredibly impressed at how long and how well the media/gov't has managed to cover up the mess we have going on in this country with bad investments (structured debt), defecits, the housing market, and inflation.

*shrugs*

We'll see, but USD denominated assets are just a bad investment right now imo, given having to overcome tons of inflation to get a good return.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:54 AM

Default Re: The Official How the market did today thread. (FrreeeBird)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FrreeeBird &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

The man you want to blame is alan "the bubble blower" greenspan.

His actions are simply coming home to roost, as I've predicted.

Also, I'm not a bear, I'm a realist, this economy, and its underpinnings, are smoke and mirrors, s&p 500 is down over the past 5 years if you take into account dollar depreciation as measured vs gold.

I'm incredibly impressed at how long and how well the media/gov't has managed to cover up the mess we have going on in this country with bad investments (structured debt), defecits, the housing market, and inflation.

*shrugs*

We'll see, but USD denominated assets are just a bad investment right now imo, given having to overcome tons of inflation to get a good return.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm just teasing you about the bear comment. Though you have been VERY bearish.

I am well aware of the poor decisions that have been made, but I don't really care so long as I make money. That is all it is really about. Making money. If inflation happens then instead of complaining or trying to find ways to stop it, I'd rather just find a way to make MORE money. You know to balance it all out. And when the smarties in washington figure it out, the value of my holdings will be worth even more. Yummy!!

And so far that way is tech and in particulat aapl, rimm, and goog. Make it rain people!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:57 AM

Honestly guys, I think its time to call it quits on rimm. Looks to me like the beginning of a downtrend when viewing the 3month charts. I think she has run out of steam. Thoughts?
Old 10-16-2007, 01:31 PM

Ben Bernanke doesn't want me to buy the new skyline. If he would, he just wouldnt talk.

The banks dont wan't me to buy the new skyline. If they did the wouldn't post such shitty numbers.

Tech wants me to buy the new skyline, but it is dragging the overall market which is slowing it down.

DAMNIT I WANT THE NEW SKYLINE. Work market work!!!
Old 10-16-2007, 01:35 PM

Aapl still has me happy.

Get outta RIMM now I personally think.

Goog is starting to get flakey.

BIDU is dead in the water

KO looks good as people will always drink coke.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:22 PM

OMG people I found something.

HANS. Gonna do some hw right now on it.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FrreeeBird &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

We'll see, but USD denominated assets are just a bad investment right now imo, given having to overcome tons of inflation to get a good return.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Tons of inflation? Where?
Old 10-16-2007, 07:09 PM
Grumpy Old Man

Default Re: (rico91stang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rico91stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That why I don't really believe in diversification. There is nothing wrong with letting $100,000 ride on one stock so long as you watch it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

People always think that until it bites them.

You'd be amazed at how much some very very good professionals loose on single positions.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rico91stang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">OMG people I found something.

HANS. Gonna do some hw right now on it. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I don't know man, what do you know that I don't? It seems like the train is gone with that one. Unless you're thinking they'll get bought out or something, but they seem too expensive for that. Then again I really don't know about such things.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:01 PM

Default Re: The Official How the market did today thread. (AzCivic1.6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AzCivic1.6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Tons of inflation? Where?</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=NYBOT_DX&v=dmax

January 06 through now, value of dollar vs other currencies, peaked at 92, has now fallen to 78ish, thats 15% inflation in 21 months.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

http://quotes.ino.com/chart/?s=NYBOT_DX&v=dmax

January 06 through now, value of dollar vs other currencies, peaked at 92, has now fallen to 78ish, thats 15% inflation in 21 months.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What kind of inflation are you talking about?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: *** Official*** How the market did today thread.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.