Notices

Zex Wet or Dry Kit? what other components do i need?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2004, 08:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zex Wet or Dry Kit? what other components do i need?

should i run wet or dry? also what other components do i need? do i need diff plugs? if so which ones? do i need ignition upgrade if so what? will my stock fuel pump be efficient enough? is it safe to run 65 shot? car is a 00 si with basic bolton's
Old 08-24-2004, 08:23 PM

Default Re: Zex Wet or Dry Kit? what other components do i need? (Tommytom83)

bump
Old 08-24-2004, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON"T DO IT!

Just my opinion. Well I ran a 50 shot on my gsr w/ basic bolt ons and cooler running plugs. Everything was fine 'til I blew the motor when I squeezed @ to low of an RPM. It would definatly be better to upgrade fuel management and spend the money on **** to support the Nitrous. Goodluck bro and happy maintinence.

Oh I ran wet by the way....
Old 08-24-2004, 09:22 PM

well go with wet and upgrade your fuel pump and put a fpr and colder plugs and everything well be find.and like ^ dont use under 3000 rpm or 5th gear.also dont abuse it.if youuse it every single day it might cause some damage.i have a dry kit and i only use it in the weekends if needed and car runs great. also check your comp. and use 91 oct. or higher.and retard the timing. for 50 shot do 2 deg.and for 75 shot do 4 deg. good luck.
Old 08-24-2004, 10:00 PM

Sorry but I hate spray...It's for kids who only want to be fast when they gotta push the button and have a bottle with some juice in it! Other than that, it is a slow car.
Old 08-25-2004, 04:17 AM

Default Re: (redrex02)

thats wonderful.
Old 08-25-2004, 07:12 AM

I always thought you HATED spray too?
Old 08-25-2004, 11:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by redrex02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sorry but I hate spray...It's for kids who only want to be fast when they gotta push the button and have a bottle with some juice in it! Other than that, it is a slow car. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know of a Camaro making 400whp all-motor and 650whp on spray. I don't consider it a a slow car when he's not juicing.

On topic, I would go with the ZEX dry kit, NGK BKR7E plugs, and a Walbro 255lph high pressure fuel pump.
Old 08-25-2004, 02:11 PM

im not a big fan, but its cheap hp and thats what i want CHEAP... im convinced when used moderately its safe. im just exploring the idea.. as i was boost. except boost is 3 g's spray is 500... boost constantly puts added stress to stock internals spray like you said only gives power under the button, as true with added stress.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:00 AM

Default Re: (RyanCivic2000)

Yea that is different, this will be TommyTom's only mod so yes with spray it will be decent, without it, no it wont.

Boost will not cost you three G's,
especially if you build a nice kit. Talk to some guys in the FI forum.

Boost or spray is the same amount stress if i am correct. 200 whp is the same with spray or 10 psi. Tha is why guys always say it does not matter the amount of psi, it depends on the power you are putting to the wheels. (correct me if I am wrong)
If it is tuned and done right, it is safe.
Old 08-26-2004, 09:15 AM

i agree that it puts the same amount of stress, however the turbo doesnt detach when not in use, spray stops puttn stress on the engine when you stop holdn the button....
Old 08-26-2004, 09:18 AM

as in normal driving, when u are not in boost, like the boost gauge reads vac -20 or -10, the turbo is not doing ****

Old 08-26-2004, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

if i where you i would go with bolt ons, fuel pump, fpr and a set of ngk (3330 stock #) spark plugs. Also why do you want to go with zex? Time and time again i have seen nx and nos put more power and torque down on the same size shot. just my 2 cents

p.s. i made 161 and 121 all motor
232 and 219 with squeze
on a 80 or 90 shot

it does get old running out of juice. I think most people would be happier with a turbo car over a nitrious car.
Old 08-26-2004, 01:33 PM

Cool your fast when you hit the button. Your out on the street and wanna screw around, oh yea my bottle is empty...AWSOME!
Old 08-26-2004, 02:02 PM

Default Re: Zex Wet or Dry Kit? what other components do i need? (Verbatim)

This all coming from the same guy who told me just two sundays he was thinkn of spraying his firehawk
Old 08-26-2004, 08:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (fi hatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by fi hatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if i where you i would go with bolt ons, fuel pump, fpr and a set of ngk (3330 stock #) spark plugs. Also why do you want to go with zex? Time and time again i have seen nx and nos put more power and torque down on the same size shot. just my 2 cents
p.s. i made 161 and 121 all motor
232 and 219 with squeze
on a 80 or 90 shot

it does get old running out of juice. I think most people would be happier with a turbo car over a nitrious car.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is because Zex rates their shot's horsepower at the flywheel, where NOS and NX rate it at the wheel. Why does it matter though? If you're not happy with how much horsepower you have, move up to the next jetting.
Old 08-26-2004, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

for people knocking spray, what about all those cars running turbo/nitrous? hmm guess 9-10 second passes is for the fast and the furious kids

anyways, upgrade your fuel pump and get a zex kit, wet or dry is really up in the air, wet would be the better choice from what I have read, but I don't have hands on experience with them.
Old 08-26-2004, 10:04 PM

How about you get a better car that runs 14's stock so you don't gotta waste all your time and money to get you no where. SSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWW
Old 08-27-2004, 05:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Verbatim)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Verbatim &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I got one for ya quik sol.... how about a car that is running a 9 second pass N/A?

Anything can be done if you have the wallet. You are missing the whole point of what we are talking about. Come back and post when you put some thought into it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

How about you shut the **** up newb? It would cost alot less to make a turbo/nitrous car make a 9 second pass than it would an all-motor setup.

Not many have budgets to make a 9 sec all-motor Honda. In fact, there are really only two people that did it.
Old 08-27-2004, 06:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Zex Wet or Dry Kit? what other components do i need? (MyCivicRules)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MyCivicRules &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How about you get a better car that runs 14's stock so you don't gotta waste all your time and money to get you no where. SSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWW</TD></TR></TABLE>

Well that certainly isn't a Civic. In fact it's not very many Hondas either, just the S2000 and NSX.

This is pathetic, way too many stupid newbs in this thread.
Old 08-27-2004, 07:55 AM

Haha, I love seeing posts about things that have been covered 51245712347 times being asked another 7679826876 times and turning into a special olympics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do what you want, search for answers rather posting already discussed questions to avoid this retard drama and hope for the best in whatever route you pick!
Old 08-27-2004, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Zex Wet or Dry Kit? what other components do i need? (Verbatim)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Verbatim &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">RyanCivic2000... Your also not thinking before your posting. Stupid Newbs? Damn right, i would hate to be as busted as you and be on this site all of my life. Your the one that brought up "well there are cars that do this" (totally off topic) so i'll just play the game... "there is N/A cars that do this".

And if you read the whole thread you would know what Mycivicrules is talking about. He made the perfect point. We know thats not many hondas. Read up more and you will find that we were talking about starting with differance platforms.

Is your computer in brail? Learn to read stupid ***! Come back when you have something usefull for Tommytom83. (Stay on topic)</TD></TR></TABLE>

Alright douche bag, I have been on this site alot doing RESEARCH, like you should be if you want to go anywhere in the Honda world. MyCivicRules did not make a perfect point. He said:

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MyCivicRules &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How about you get a better car that runs 14's stock so you don't gotta waste all your time and money to get you no where. SSSSSSSSSSSLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWW</TD></TR></TABLE>

This site is not about buying a car than can run 14's stock. It's about what you can do to your Honda. I simply told him you can't buy a Civic that runs 14's stock. You will have to make modifications to it.

I may have been giving examples, but only to show you that just because a car has nitrous, DOES NOT mean it is slow without it. What if you take your 9 sec all motor Honda and add nitrous? It will be faster. Will it be slow without the nitrous? NO. You are wrong, bottom line.

If you can find another modification you can do to your Honda that will give you an instant 50-100whp and tq for less than $500, I will **** gold. Nitrous is the best bang for the buck. End of story.

BTW, you got some nerve to tell someone their Si is poo, when you drive a piece of **** Firehawk.
Old 08-27-2004, 02:16 PM

geez... i was just double checking everything before i bought anything, for those of you who actually answered my question, thank you. For those of you who knocked my car and went on about how nitrous will never match up to boost, thats great and all i will respect your opinion and take it for what its worth, but no point in fighting over something as stupid as this... he likes firehawks, go him, i like "poo" si's great for me, and somebody else likes some other car... this could go on forever... so f it.
Old 08-27-2004, 05:37 PM

Default Re: (SlowGreenEJ)

Survey says......

Boost
Spray n Pray

Besides building a turbo car would be a fun experience.
Old 08-28-2004, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Verbatim)

Why are you on Honda-Tech if you like Firehawks?

Quick Reply: Zex Wet or Dry Kit? what other components do i need?