Notices

Zedyne Gold SECU issues

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 05:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Zedyne Gold SECU issues

ok so from what i understand here is whats going on.
at idle and under vacum the ecu is taking the tune no problem. calmed down the 550's so i dont murder my plugs every week.
when the transition takes place from vaccum to boost, the ecu is not taking any inputs. im not doing this, my shop is and im curious to see if anyone else has had or heard of this problem . dyno runs arent cheap. any ideas here?
o yea 88 civic obd0 b16 turbo
Old 03-14-2004, 06:51 PM

Default Re: Zedyne Gold SECU issues (TurbOldHatch)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurbOldHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when the transition takes place from vaccum to boost, the ecu is not taking any inputs. im not doing this, my shop is and im curious to see if anyone else has had or heard of this problem . </TD></TR></TABLE>

What do you mean by not taking any inputs? Is it not compensating for boost? Cutting off all fuel? If you can explain a little more we could help you more.

Ryan P.
Old 03-15-2004, 02:46 PM

Default Re: Zedyne Gold SECU issues (SJP0tato)

he can change the setting while its in vaccum. the ecu allows the settings to be changed however he wants.
when in boost, no matter what psi or rpm or whatever, the ecu wont let him change any settings. its like the boost option is f'ed up or something is being overlooked. he tested the map sensor and its fine, all the other sensors are fine, but im making 100 hp more with the stock ecu.
it goes on the dyno tomorrow so ill know if it needs sent back or not. i want an idea if this is a freak thing or what. i think the ecu is messed up and its going to need sent back to zedyne.
i hope that clears it up
Old 03-15-2004, 06:29 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurbOldHatch &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he can change the setting while its in vaccum. the ecu allows the settings to be changed however he wants.
when in boost, no matter what psi or rpm or whatever, the ecu wont let him change any settings. its like the boost option is f'ed up or something is being overlooked.</TD></TR></TABLE>

From what you're saying here, it sounds like he wants to upload the changed fuel maps WHILE the car is in boost? This makes no sense. In a normal tune session you make a pull, record (or closely monitor) the a/f ratio across the rpm band, then make the proper adjustments (while the car is idling between pulls...full vaccum). If he's trying to upload at the exact same time the car is racing along on a WOT boost pull...well, I'd look into another tuner.

Ryan P.
Old 03-15-2004, 07:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Zedyne Gold SECU issues (SJP0tato)

The must be a problem with the Unit. I have tuned many Zdynes( Inluding my own) and never seen this. The only time the it will not let you upload is avove 5000 rpms. Mine has been running 680cc injectorsand 350+whp with no problem.
Talk to Bill at Zdyne and see if He can look at it for you.
Old 03-15-2004, 09:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Zedyne Gold SECU issues (CRVRX)

I think you guys are misreading... TurbOldHatch said he makes 100 hp more with the stock ECU, and the ECU doesn't respond to changes in the boost maps, *not* tuning on the fly when in boost.

Sounds to me like someone is still running a missing link and/or check valves with the SECU. If this is the case... find a different tuner who understands how speed density EFI works.

BTW. Ryan, you still taking good care of my axles?

Old 03-16-2004, 05:58 PM

Default Re: Zedyne Gold SECU issues (J. Davis)

yea no way would he tune as the pull is being made im just trying to make sense of what i was told. i think i got a fucked up ecu from zedyne . while in boost, there are no changes. the upload changes everything but what happens while in boost, so no more power can be created. i dont know why i cant say this right. and there is no missing link nor was there. this shop is the best in the area and its not the tuner. he has setup many standalones, but this is the first obd0 b16 they have done a custom setup 15pounds 320hp on the stock ecu and i wanted to do the standalone to clean up my driveability while still making that kind of power. this guy tuned a 650 whp civic that is still romping today. he knows his ****. my car has the most fucked up weird **** no one would ever think of happen to it.
yea and get this no dyno today the clutch cable snapped thanks act. so now another day of beating my head into a wall until i forget about my car or get a call.
Old 03-19-2004, 09:37 AM

ok so i guess im the only one
Old 03-24-2004, 01:55 PM

got the new ecu it goes back in next week anyone interested on what happens just post something here and ill update if not just please disregard this
Old 03-24-2004, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Im interested in what happened.
Old 03-24-2004, 03:40 PM
threes

Default Re: Zedyne Gold SECU issues (tegman2)

im also interested.