Notices

for you guys that know turbos...please read its a lil long

Old 02-21-2007, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default for you guys that know turbos...please read its a lil long

ok so this is whats up....

one day i was driving and my car through a few codes fixed them no problem parked it for the night. Next morning i turned my car on and ****** white smoke blowing everywhere like ALOT!!!! i was like wtf and imediatly shut off my car pushed it in the back yeard popped the hood and everything looked to be cool. Turned car back on while it was on the jack stands and smoke everywhere still... i was like expletive ima have to rebuild the motor lol...

ok well i found out oil was getting into the exhaust side of the turbo and i was like wtf why is that i took of the down pipe and reved it and sure enough oil was comming out of there just spraying all over....

i took my turbo to this one place and explaned the problem they were like yeah its a common problem with old turbos looks like it will need to be rebuilt... i told him well let me know whats up im trying to sell my car and i dont wanna dump a lot of money into it...

he charges me 35 bucs to look at it whatever cool...

tells me it needs to be rebuilt ths seals are bad and something else and that itll cost me 400 to fix... i was like expletive might as well buy a new turbo... but i was like expletive it at least when i sell the car ill be happy that the person i sell it to wont have any problems...

paid the man his money got my turbo back looked awesome cleaned up and everything put it back on and same damn problem...

now im pissed i paid a guy 400 bucks to fix something which apparantly didnt need to be fixed and he lied to me or he fixed it and he messed up puttin in the seals causing the oil to leak out again...

i checked my oil drain line... oil return line... make sure they were cool and they were... neither of them are clogged... so were good. checked my motor to make sure it wasnt my rings going out and im good. took off headers to see if oil was comming out there... and nah im good....

what else could it be i took it back and he said its rare but it does happen that the seals pop out of place...

so hes looking at it hell call me tomorrow and tell me whats up any suggestions you guys?

anything would be awesome!!! sorry its so long just explaning myself thoroughly
Old 02-21-2007, 05:09 PM
95DxSi-R2

Default Re: for you guys that know turbos...please read its a lil long (potatobiker8)

sounds like he's got a come back
Old 02-21-2007, 05:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: for you guys that know turbos...please read its a lil long (95DxSi-R2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95DxSi-R2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like he's got a come back</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol i dont quite understand what you mean.... a "come back" as far as customer wise lol?
Old 02-21-2007, 05:13 PM
95DxSi-R2

Default Re: for you guys that know turbos...please read its a lil long (potatobiker8)

take your turbo back to him, he needs to fix his f-up
Old 02-21-2007, 05:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: for you guys that know turbos...please read its a lil long (95DxSi-R2)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95DxSi-R2 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">take your turbo back to him, he needs to fix his f-up</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol tahts what i thougth thanks bro... and yeah hes looking over it... i think he fucked up and i hope he did cause i have no idea what else it could be....
Old 02-21-2007, 05:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

are you running an oil restrictor?
Old 02-21-2007, 05:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (ryan89crx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by ryan89crx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">are you running an oil restrictor?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i dont think i am... cause i have no idea what that is.... let me google it lol
Old 02-21-2007, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (potatobiker8)

yeah doesnt look like i have an oil restrictor nah... could that be it?
Old 02-21-2007, 10:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

get one
Old 02-21-2007, 11:01 PM
Unceasing Measure

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (ryan89crx)

White smoke is usually indicative of coolant burning, not oil. Are you sure you didn't bomb your head gasket or crack a sleeve?
Old 02-22-2007, 08:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Archidictus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Archidictus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">White smoke is usually indicative of coolant burning, not oil. Are you sure you didn't bomb your head gasket or crack a sleeve?</TD></TR></TABLE>

this is the next thing ill be looking into...

i really dont think thats the problem but i guess it very well may be. ill be doing a compression test and leak down as soon as time permits. thanks a lot!