Notices

yes yes i kno another ssac thread....

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 11:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default yes yes i kno another ssac thread....

Yes i kno this is another SSAC thread but i did alot of the readings of past posts and at other sites. I have read the good and bad but mostly all i heard was just about the turbos and the manifolds themselves, i wanted to buy a full kit from them and i want to kno how they perfom. and if they are worth it. im only gonna be runnin 6-8 psi on my gsr and have limited funds...please just dont hate on this post and lend me some good info please
Old 09-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

You are going to get flamed for even asking. but from what I see they work well for lots of people and not so well for a few people. more sucess than not.
Im definatly getting an SSAC kit for my Daily driver build up..
Old 09-13-2006, 11:14 AM

thank you, at least you were nice about it
Old 09-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

from what i have read the newer ssac stuff seems to do ok. most of the threads about them coming apart and what not are years old. i know there are people running their turbos for over 10k miles already. not too sure about their manifold and dp quality. but a few braces and it should be fine.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (gsr_pimp88)

you say you have limited funds........keep in mind, if you do have problems with this "kit" (most likely you will) it will be more expensive to redo everything a second time, and you will have probably about 4x more downtime with your vehicle.

do you have a 2nd car?
Old 09-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: yes yes i kno another ssac thread.... (gsr_pimp88)

Performance wise it performs like other turbo kits. It's the longevity of the kit is what makes it worth it or not.

It's basically a crapshoot. I may last a long time, it may last a month. I've heard that running an oil restrictor makes the turbo's last much longer, though it's just what I've "heard" take it for what it's worth. As far as the manifold, those have such a horrible reputation I can't see anyone wanting to try their luck with them.

You need to ask yourself, can you have your car break down and be out of comission for weeks at a time becasause the manfold keeps cracking?
Old 09-13-2006, 11:18 AM

what if i get the kit and replace the manifold wit a different one....gah so many opinions, i dont know where to go on this....
Old 09-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsr_pimp88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what if i get the kit and replace the manifold wit a different one....gah so many opinions, i dont know where to go on this....</TD></TR></TABLE>

See now you're getting into the redoing part Turbo-charged mentioned.

You'll soon have to replace this part with a better one and so on and so forth.

Like I said, it's a crapshoot. You should get it if you are OK with the kit failing on you and you are out the money it took to buy it. I don't think the resale value on SSAC stuff is very high
Old 09-13-2006, 11:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Get the kit, replace the manifold with one that won't fall apart, replace the turbo with a garrett, replace the bov and wastegate with TiAl, and not "tial style", replace the intercooler with a garrett, etc. You'll be good to go.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:24 AM

Default Re: (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get the kit, replace the manifold with one that won't fall apart, replace the turbo with a garrett, replace the bov and wastegate with TiAl, and not "tial style", replace the intercooler with a garrett, etc. You'll be good to go. </TD></TR></TABLE>
....great help....
Old 09-13-2006, 11:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I know you want to hear that it's good, and it'll all work great, but i'm not going to lie to you...
Old 09-13-2006, 11:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Turbo-charged)

i think that if you order a complete kit and use everything but the turbo or have a spare turbo thats the best route for a low boost daily driver.

im gonna have my friend just order the whole kit and use my old garrett on it when i upgrade. seems logical to me
Old 09-13-2006, 11:34 AM

what about the manifold then
Old 09-13-2006, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by gsr_pimp88 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">what about the manifold then
</TD></TR></TABLE>

well the new ones are supposed to not be complete trash like the old ones. weld a brace in there or buy a used log mani from someone for 100ish bucks. personally i would just brace the shitty one and run it till you can get a good one. it should hold up that long. check out ebay or the classifieds on here for a garrett t3 or something similar. after you do that you should be good. i mean i know people with ghetto all homemade turbo kits running for years now im sure with a new turbo and manifold this setup should last you awhile esp for just a basic low boost setup like you got.

tony1 knows his **** im just trying to help you build something that will last awhile until you wanna upgrade

brace the manifold
get a garrett t3 and go

also i would reccommend getting it tuned thats really whats gonna save your motor.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:48 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get the kit, replace the manifold with one that won't fall apart, replace the turbo with a garrett, replace the bov and wastegate with TiAl, and not "tial style", replace the intercooler with a garrett, etc. You'll be good to go. </TD></TR></TABLE>

ROFL
Old 09-13-2006, 11:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get the kit, replace the manifold with one that won't fall apart, replace the turbo with a garrett, replace the bov and wastegate with TiAl, and not "tial style", replace the intercooler with a garrett, etc. You'll be good to go. </TD></TR></TABLE> HAHA Not another SSAC thread USE the Search button!! I swear SSauto CEO is going to be the next Bill Gates haha
Old 09-13-2006, 12:06 PM

Default Re: (OBRJosh)

Just build your own kit.Buy the turbo,wastegate,BOV and intercooler from them and then do your own piping,Stealthmode etc oil line kit and buy a good mani from a sponsor on here or elsewhere.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:13 PM

i bought the h22 kit for my car. put it this way, the only thing made for my car in that kit is the flange on the manifold. downpipe attempts to go thru the engine, dumptube goes through my alternator or out the hood, no room for a filter whatsoever, IC piping is a joke on the driverside (between turbo and intercooler) and the IC piping comes with the wrong flange for the bov they r selling. wastegate didnt regulate boost well either.

i bought it because just like everyone else i expected lower quality, i however did not expect bad fitment. figured if they sell me a kit for MY car everything would fit MY car. NOTHING WENT AS PLANNED.

I am now in the process of redoing pretty much everything, only thing im keeping is the tubo, intercooler, IC piping and small misc. stuff.

Part everything together yourself, i wish i had done it.
Old 09-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (pgmatt)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by pgmatt &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just build your own kit.Buy the turbo,wastegate,BOV and intercooler from them and then do your own piping,Stealthmode etc oil line kit and buy a good mani from a sponsor on here or elsewhere.</TD></TR></TABLE> If you wanna do a budget run a knock off greddy BOV, SSauto wastegate, Ebay special intercooler,chargepipes and get your self a good mani, and turbo and a EMS then upgrade the BOV and wastegate later on My adise..
Old 09-13-2006, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by OBRJosh &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> If you wanna do a budget run a knock off greddy BOV, SSauto wastegate, Ebay special intercooler,chargepipes and get your self a good mani, and turbo and a EMS then upgrade the BOV and wastegate later on My adise.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

this is a ssac kit then what you described. what do you think they come with haha

Old 09-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (xfrankx)

I Said A Good Manifold And a <U>Good Turbo</U> i know everyone has there opions on the turbos but theres mine hehe, and a <U>EMS</U> Not a Fmu , cause i doubt the ssac comes with hondata,crome,scuber uber, or Aem I run a knock off BOv and a ssautowaste gate and a Ebay special intercooler on my car and it works perfect on 11psi and im cranking it to 15psi when i get my 3bar, But over 15psi i personaly dont recomend the Bov or wastegate, next season im switching out my BOV,Wastgate, and intercooler cause im going to be running 30psi and want the insurence of great parts... If its your first Kitt start out like i said and spend the money ON Clutch,Diff,big fuel injectors suspension and tires..
Old 09-13-2006, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

yea i know what you mean i was saying minus the turbo and mani all that other stuff comes in a ssac kit.

like i said before if he just wants a low boost setup really basic just get that swap out the real junk and get tuned on crome or something

budget like woah
Old 09-13-2006, 01:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (xfrankx)

Everyone who has been around and doing this stuff for a while will tell you, just get the better stuff from the get go. Cheap parts is just a ticket for headaches.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Runnerdown)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Runnerdown &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Everyone who has been around and doing this stuff for a while will tell you, just get the better stuff from the get go. Cheap parts is just a ticket for headaches.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Let's just put it this way... In order to play you gotta pay.. U want to go cheap once **** starts to go wrong, Ur gonna have to buy for another kit..

So why not only pay once??
I dont know, i paid 4 bills for a obx ramhorn.. search, heard some good **** about them from some honda tech ppl... Turned out that piece of **** cracked within two weeks.. So my lost for buying there shitty parts.. Now i gotta paid fora another one...
Old 09-13-2006, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Try searching holly crap!!!!!!!!! HT can be really annoying!!!

Quick Reply: yes yes i kno another ssac thread....