Notices

Y7/Y8 mini-mi with spray/sc?

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2010, 02:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Y7/Y8 mini-mi with spray/sc?

Well after being out of the Honda scene for a few years I recently got back into it. I got a sick deal on a 97 LX that needed rings, I decided to make it my DD so i've put quite a bit of work into it in the last few weeks to reliability and piece of mind, to include:

Rebuilt D16y7:
-OEM Rings
-ACL main bearings
-ACL rod bearings
-ACL thrust washers
-OEM water pump
-ARP head studs
-OEM timing belt
-All new gaskets
-220A alternator
-Mizu dual-core aluminum radiator
-Mizu electronic slim fan
-eBay oe replacement inner & outer tie rod ends
-eBay oe replacement lower ball joints
-eBay front camber kit (haven't installed, not sure I will yet)
-OEM wheel bearings

Ordering/Installing soon:
-Tokico blue shocks
-Tein H.Tech springs
-Some sort of rear camber kit (needed badly)
-Apexi WSII exhaust
-Some sort of header (stock manifold is cracked)
-y8 mini-me

Now, before you all go crazy on me for the eBay parts, I am experimenting, they were cheap and easy enough to replace that I won't stress too much if they don't last, but if they do, I succeeded. I went with OEM or trusted parts where it is critical, or not easy to replace. This is a low-budget daily driven car, I have a 93 Subaru STi RA replica as my track/fun car, I just want to have a little extra power under the hood every once and a while, after driving my Subaru and my R6 for a while, I feel like I can walk faster than this car at times. My ways are a little opposite most in the Civic scene, this is my 6th Honda, I've done the whole gutted/stripped thing, I'm going a different route with this car, I am sound deadening the whole car from roof to floor, firewall to tail lights, for road noise and vibration (I am also an audiophile), so I will need extra help power wise with the added weight (I did the trunk already, and that was ~30lbs of sound deadening).

Finally, i've already had 5 turbo d's and I want to go a different route this time. I do NOT want to swap, so I've thought about supercharging or spraying? Does anyone have any idea how my engine would take it being freshly rebuilt? I just rolled over 1000mi on the rebuild yesterday (2nd oil change in a month = $$ haha).

Thanks in advanced, and sorry about the long post, I just thought I would give you my personal history with the car to let you know i'm not some dumb broke kid with no plan on actually pursuing what I ask, everything I posted on the above list was done by myself.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Y7/Y8 mini-mi with spray/sc?

supercharger sohc

expensive to get near no extra power me personally id throw in a 55 shot or 75 shot of zex WOT box/switch easy install around 2-3hours and easily tuned with a simple piggyback..nitrous is a blast because its just so unexpected when you push the button but somehow feels natural on the car and its easily removable..for less than 400 you can have a clean good feeling nitrous set-up i paid 20bucks for a 10lb bottle and 100 for all the electronics way worth it if your under a budget