Notices

WTF water spraying outta my BOV ON DECELERATION AGAIN HELP???

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTF water spraying outta my BOV ON DECELERATION AGAIN HELP???

Ok having another water issue with my car it happened once before and i just drove it easy till the water was gone.. I have'nt drove my car for a week it did rain hard 2 days ago.. I get in it and pull off when accelerating toward boost the car sputtered i immediately knew what it was so i pulled into a parking lot raised the hood and reved it up and let off bam water in my face outta the BOV..

Obviously thier is water getting into something before the BOV while the car is sitting i barely drive it and don't ever drive it unless its nice out.. Both times this has happened the car had been sitting a week in advance and had rained pretty good that week..

Obviously if it is the IC with a hole it would have to be pretty big to asborb this much water..i'm baffled the car builds and holds boost perfect most times A car will act up with a ic leak.. The filter on the turbo was bone dry tonight and i did'nt drive it a 1/2mile for it to suck water thru my system..

I do have a evo style vented hood but i have the cover on the holes and bolted up.. I don't have the washer squiters in but those holes are very small.. And the weather stripping up by the windshield was pulled up to help keep things cooler..

i'm gonna pull my ic off tommorow and do a pressure test and i'm gonna try to do it for my ic piping has well..

any ideas or things to look for tommorow i wanna fix this asap??..
Old 11-10-2006, 04:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WTF water spraying outta my BOV ON DECELERATION AGAIN HELP??? (Samuels)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Samuels &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm gonna pull my ic off tommorow and do a pressure test and i'm gonna try to do it for my ic piping has well..
</TD></TR></TABLE>

You're on the right track. Pull off the IC piping and look for water in there as well.
Old 11-10-2006, 04:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF water spraying outta my BOV ON DECELERATION AGAIN HELP??? (Samuels)

You definitely suck up the water somehow, i made a long trip to the long in the rain and same thing happen to me.

My motor give out a few week later too
Old 11-10-2006, 05:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF water spraying outta my BOV ON DECELERATION AGAIN HELP??? (StolenTeg)

the water is getting into the system while the car is sitting though both times it happened..

just looking for more ideas you would think the filter is getting wet then sucking up the water but i dunno it was dry feeling, i really doubt the IC is leaking because my car boost perfect and the problem is happening while the car is sitting.. i'm thinking the reasonable thing would be is on startup the turbo is sucking water thru the filter but who knows..
Old 11-10-2006, 06:16 PM

where is the filter sitting? coudl watter be leakig intot he air filter location and it sucks up there?

are you sure it's from rain? what if you have an oila nd water cooled turbo? could it be leaking water into the intake system?

what about a bad intake manifold gasket? there is water there too. what about the throttle body? water goes there too.

check all those places not just the piping. something with water is doing it.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (oscarmayer)

yeah bro i thought of all of that the car runs perfect till i get near boost once the water is gone its fine i got about all of it out tonight just by raising the hood and giving it a lil gas till it stopped spitting out of my bov..

the filter is on the turbo

It is something before the bov getting in the system it has to be the filter,IC or IC pipe i would hope anyway just gotta figure it out..
Old 11-11-2006, 05:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Samuels)

If everything if fine with your set up, then the only way it get in is through the turbo sucking water in.

The filter might be dry because it sitting next to a heat source and the air flow dried it down