Notices

WTF: Ks-Motorsports???

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2003, 11:49 AM
i my honda
Global Mod

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default WTF: Ks-Motorsports???

What is up with ks-motorsports? I am having a hell of time seeing why every one like this place....Ok
-On 9/5-(fri) I placed an order for a revhard stage 2 kit w/o wast gate, 1apex-i boost, 1 apex-i tach, and a tial 38mm W-G......They(not sure if it was kyle) told me that the tial, and my 2 gauges would arrive here in Md at the latest 1 week from 9/8-(mon). He also told me that my Kit would arrive here no later than 2 weeks from 9/8-(mon). All of which would have tracking #'s.
-On 9/9-(tues) my credit cards went through and I called & e-mailed about tracking #'s. They told me on the phone that they would be sent.
- On 9/10-(wed) I received an invoice with the WRONG phone # on it, and NO tracking #'s?
-I waited till 9/12-(fri) and NO tracking #'s or UPS man.. Damm I was pissed... So I email them again asking for tracking a tracking # ..
- On 9/17-(wed) or so I called wanting to know what was up with my first package and my tracking #'s... I speak to someone who tells me my kit was ordered and would be shipped direct from RH and he said the tial W-G and tach were shipped and the boost he was not sure of?? I asked for tracking #'s and he said they would be sent.
-On 9/1-(thr) I got a new invoice with the right phone number an NO TRACKING #'s....
9/20-(sat) I call up revhard and they say they got the order on 9/19 and will ship out the kit on the 23 or 24 and I would get it a week after that.....expletive THAT..... so I call up ks and they say they will have to find out and call me back. I'M VERY PISSED!! 15 min later, Kyle (I believe) calls me back and tells me that all the gauges and the w-g HAD NOT BEEN SHIPPED OUT and would be shipped out Monday express mail and so would the turbo..I had been lied to!! I get a black wg upgrade out of the deal and call it a day..On Mon I call RH to verify this and THEY gave me a tracking#.
-Now its 9/25 and I got my gauges but the ******* UPS man needed a sig for the kit(witch is a good thing, but I had no idea) and I wasn't home. Should be here tomorrow.
To top it all off
I open the box pull out the tach, hook it up, and it dosn't work. It is way off, I cant even set the cylinders or brightness>>The needle is not lunar(goes up up then back down at the wrong times). Believe me its the tach. So now I am waiting to here from ks on what they are going to do??
Old 09-25-2003, 12:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: WTF: Ks-Motorsports??? (si2die4)

calm down, kyle is very straight with his business.im sure he will take care of you.

havent you realized yet, that life doenst always go as planned
Old 09-25-2003, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: WTF: Ks-Motorsports??? (2.2Lcivic)

dude its been 2 weeks... chill out. revhard looks like they are doing their part, give KS a chance to do theirs.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2.2Lcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">calm down, kyle is very straight with his business.im sure he will take care of you.</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 09-25-2003, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2.2Lcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">calm down, kyle is very straight with his business.im sure he will take care of you.

havent you realized yet, that life doenst always go as planned </TD></TR></TABLE>

that is for *#*#$&% sure
Old 09-25-2003, 12:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2.2Lcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">calm down, kyle is very straight with his business.im sure he will take care of you.

havent you realized yet, that life doenst always go as planned </TD></TR></TABLE>

to both quotes
Old 09-25-2003, 12:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF: Ks-Motorsports??? (Paul_Vang)

this is going to get nasty. give ks some time they will come through
Old 09-25-2003, 12:52 PM

Default Re: WTF: Ks-Motorsports??? (Gravy)

kyle is like a1 when it comes to customer service. your not gonna find one if any person who will bash him.

im sure there was some mishap and if there was id bet he compensated you for it at his own loss.
Old 09-25-2003, 12:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 2.2Lcivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

kinda like what happened with you and golden eagle..that was you..right??
Old 09-25-2003, 01:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: WTF: Ks-Motorsports??? (espanol)

I have to agree, give KS them a little time, the lying sucks though.

one another note - APEXi tachs seem to suck as far as reliability. My friend has one and decided to get the shift light too. We hooked it up and the shift light will not work at all. We tried everything, junk IMO. very interference prone too
Old 09-25-2003, 01:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: WTF: Ks-Motorsports??? (si2die4)

No one is perfect.

Were you born with a silver spoon in your mouth?

Kyle personally went out of his way to find me the exact Tial WG I was looking for, and hooked me up with a 35mm quaife (everyone else was backordered) with great service and prices...

I'm a very happy and supportive customer of KS-Motorsports...
Old 09-25-2003, 01:06 PM
New User

Default Re: WTF: Ks-Motorsports??? (Bailhatch)

whew i thought me and my friend were the only ones that had problems with KS
Old 09-25-2003, 01:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so... Your pissed because it took two weeks to get your turbo setup??? That's pretty normal.

So what is exactly wrong with the tach??
Old 09-25-2003, 01:17 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Kyle is a good guy, and he usually takes very good care of his customers. However, his business is growing, so you can't always expect him to be able to handle each and every order personally. With a growing business, more and more people are going to be involved in the process of fulfilling your order. With the added variables, there's going to be a higher chance for errors along the line, so you can't always bank on the shipping estimates they give you. In the past, when Kyle dealt in lower volumes of products that he actually had on hand, you could expect to receive your goods in less than a week, sometimes in a matter of a few days. Now, with his expanded product line and the higher volume of orders, I doubt he keeps much stock on hand, and probably drop-ships a lot of his stuff. If there's a delay with one of his distributers, he can't really do much about that. Reallistically, when I order something online or otherwise, I expect to wait at least a week, and up to three before I start getting antsy.
Old 09-25-2003, 01:29 PM

I have to admit that I waited for 6 weeks to get my greedy kit from him, but he did keep me informed on what was going on. It did take a while, but all in all, i'm happy with his service.

Pfieff
Old 09-25-2003, 01:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (inspyral)

apex'i tach is very very unreliable and chincy in my opinion and experience... the sticker dorks with their huge monster autometers were way better quality and accuracy... given I dont care for the monster size tach.

my buddies apex'i skips up/ down quickly in rpms and the needle gets a mind of its own... REAL bitch to program and use. we re wired it 2 times thus far without better results.

on the ks motorsports subject: chill out and take a breather thinking about your ride... you only make it worse dwelling on the little hangups. they will not be the last in your lifetime you can bet on that. thus far 90% of life is waiting, 10% is doing... this ratio applies to middle class only ( )
Old 09-25-2003, 01:45 PM

i dont have nothing to say about KS motorsports..negative that is...great seller and great prices...
Old 09-25-2003, 02:02 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (MI4BUILT)

u never know if this guy is lying though

there is always 2 sides to the situation

it doesnt help that this guy has low patience and gets all pissed off from lil things
Old 09-25-2003, 02:46 PM

There was another post just like this a couple of weeks ago that got shut down everyone was saying the same stuff trust em blah

well I know how you feel I didnt like being lied to myself by ks....

I'm just gonna wait it out now after having a phone conversation with him about 2 weeks ago for my head studs that I paid and ordered in July......

-Jeff-
Old 09-25-2003, 02:49 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (Jeff33S)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jeff33S &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There was another post just like this a couple of weeks ago that got shut down everyone was saying the same stuff trust em blah

well I know how you feel I didnt like being lied to myself by ks....

I'm just gonna wait it out now after having a phone conversation with him about 2 weeks ago for my head studs that I paid and ordered in July......

-Jeff-</TD></TR></TABLE>

and a good amount of people that post ****, havent been board members for that long either just like you.

there are always 2 sides to the story, is all i have to say.

its easy to come on here and post **** up how kyle or another shop sucks. but it is usaully a pissed off customer for something that wasnt even kyles fault
Old 09-25-2003, 03:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bob-DC2)

Kyle is a good guy, I ordered my EMS from him, it took longer than expected becasue his suplier was backordered, but when it came in, Kyle had the distributor drop ship it straight to me, an Kyle picked up the cost of overnighting it. Hes a decent guy, give him a bit.

Rob
Old 09-25-2003, 03:22 PM

Default Re: (rjardy)

I will agree with everyone else. Kyle is one of the best people on the board to do business with. I have done business with him in the past and will continue to do so in the future. You really should calm down and be a little more patient. Sometimes things dont always go as planned. Deal with it.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Woah ... Two weeks and you are posting about this on Honda Tech? I have spoken with Kyle on many ocassions and have sent him allot of business. Not one person said they had a problem. I waited five months for a set of connecting rods. No posts by me complaining You just need to be patient and deal with Kyle directly.
Old 09-25-2003, 03:50 PM
Trial User

Default Re: (508@18psi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 508@18psi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> Sometimes things dont always go as planned. Deal with it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

and it most likely isnt even his fault, even though u say it is
Old 09-25-2003, 03:57 PM

Default Re: (Bob-DC2)

lock this thread... this isnt the im impatient im going to knock a reputable seller forum.

Quick Reply: WTF: Ks-Motorsports???